Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #616
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Good morning everybody. I have to say Mondays will be a little easier to take on now that coffee time can be spent catching up on posts on here.

Welcome to all the people the have booked over the weekend

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-18-2013, 02:33 AM   #617
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I am learning ASL as I have Meniere's Disease and am losing my hearing as a result. So far its mostly my left ear. Right ear is back and forth. I'll try to learn some BSL signs before the WBTA!
Hi

I look forward to meet you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
This is funny and will date us, buy back in college before we got married, KEvin was known as Skye's Stud Muffin

Will do!!

I am familiar with ASL, but what is BSL?

And is anyone requesting the shows for late seating be signed?
Skye
It is British Sign Languages (sign with two hands) ASL sign with one hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
MomE and I hope he can join in too. It was great seeing him at WDW in November.

I know some ASL. If you request thru Disney, interpreters will be on the cruise. The contractor who typical services DCL is wonderful.
This is my 5th times on Cruise, I am hoping that two interpreters Marvin and Brian, I heard Brian is back so they are so wonderful...

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #618
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo

Hi Pat! Good to see you back again!

Totally off topic (which we never, ever do here) but...

We had an exciting evening. We worked on my house this afternoon, and we had just gotten home when Dennis tripped on the front steps and bashed his head on the brick ledge by the front door! I dragged him in to the house and he laid on the floor with a towel on his head, bleeding all over the place, and fending off the dogs (who were either very worried or checking to see if they should start eating him - they hadn't had dinner, yet). I grabbed ice for his head and my car keys and off we went to the ER.

Four hours later... They did a CT scan (which showed nothing up there ), stuck a couple of staples in the 3/4" cut on his forehead, and sent him home with instructions to take it easy for a couple of days.

I was saying earlier in the day that I didn't want to go to work tomorrow (had a REEEAAALLLYY bad day Friday), but honestly, he didn't have to go that far to get me out of it!

Oh, I almost forgot. He didn't pass out, but I came close. Blood and I do not get along well. So if you ever have an emergency, I'm not the person you want to rely on. Unless you want someone you can rely on to pass out.

Oh no! Hope he takes it easy and recovers quickly.

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

Old 02-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #619
Con5421
Mouseketeer

Transport to city

If you don't want to take a taxi you can go whit the aerobus to Placa d'Espanya or Placa de Catalunya (Rambla) it costs 5,50 euro p.p. We took this year line 46 to Placa d' Espanya for only 2 euro p.p.

And we did the Hop on hop off bus for one day 26 euro and two days 34 euro's. If you book it tru internet you get a discount.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #620
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Tony and I may fly back via Boston or New York and if annual leave allows it have a couple of days stop-over. Both places I have never been to and would love to visit.

Hi Liz ... Danny is my son .... aged 19 going on 9 ... you may well meet him if he joins us on this cruise.
If you do a NY stopover, there's threads from the NYC cruises last summer where there's a wealth of info, and you can always ask me for updates, I was born & raised here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster20uk View Post
Here is a link with some photos etc in:-

Champagne Girls

I am sure us boys can find a bar somewhere with our name on!!
Great photos, got my DW hooked, and lead on to the bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Goofy View Post
Indeed, us boys need to find a bar. On the 2010 WBTA, Champagne Girls was in our suite and I made the mistake of going back for my camera, to find 40+ women wearing pink blouses, with pink boas, tiaras and sipping (swilling) champagne. Point me to the bar.
They CAN swill, can't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
Check out the World Wide MAN Club meeting on Pg1

Kevin
Pls. add me in, Kevin. Self-preservation demands it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris&Jeremy View Post
I am trying to discover scotch and bourbon...I think some sort of tasting class may be in order!
I can give some guidance, but you have to sign a waiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I hear ya! After EBTA we have two non-DCL cruises before WBTA. Heck, I just finalized activities and land transportation for Costa Rica that is in March (of THIS year!) LOL.
Us, too! We leave from here in NYC on RCCL on Easter Sunday, haven't booked a single activity, but, hey, it's a cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCNuts View Post
Holy cow! 39 pages already?

This is our first transatlantic cruise but we are DCL veterans. I am Jerry and my wife Laura and I will be cruising with you and we are very excited to get in on the fun. We are in for the FE and we love dining groups. And drinking groups too for that matter. I will start reading and figure out who to send what.

Our first big European adventure cruise was the first 12-night Baltic cruise in June 2010. Looking forward to another epic adventure on The Magic!

Jerry aka: DVCNuts

Jerry and Laura
SR # 7564
Late seating
Johns Creek, GA
Welcome, Jerry & Laura. The energy here is infectious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Hello

This is Scottishwee35

and last Friday, I got very surprised that my husband changed his mind and booked this cruise

Also he asked his mother to come along so she love to join in.

Deborah, Ian, Olivia will be (14 half) , 1048

Lilian & Keith will be (17), 1049

We booked cheaper cabins because of the flights

Scottishwee35
Welcome, Scottishwee35 (Deborah?)
Looking forward to meeting everyone. And warning you now, my DW (Debbie) will be the one questioning you (and all the other Scots aboard) about everything to do with Scotland. That is our "adventure of a lifetime" she's been planning, and saving for. Hopefully 2015, so the plannings begun!
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
Old 02-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #621
KrisannB
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone! I love this thread and the things already planned! It is also like my cruising world is colliding - people I know from the WBRepo (PC 2008), and the 4 TA's I have taken are also cruising this one! I am so excited that I will get to see some familiar faces and meet new people too!

This is going to be a great cruise! We are also doing the EBTA in 2014 and my MIL and both kids will be doing that one, but they are only on page 2 - not as talkative!

Thank you everyone for already making this cruise so special!

I like others on here have been on multiple TA cruises (4 for me) with Disney and will be glad to help answer questions, except for port questions as they are different - but lots of insight to things - like did you know there is a hotel in the Barcelona airport that if you get in and do not want to go into Barcelona you can just stay there and then take Disney busses the next morning if you come in the night before the cruise? We did this and it worked great.

Krisann

1977 & 1987- WDW Magic Kingdom-daytrip * 2003-POR - Kids & DH's 1st trip to WDW * 2005-Beach Club -Grand Gathering * 2007- Pre-cruise at PoPCentury * May 2008 - AllStarMovies - 4 days pre-repo cruise Cruises: 2006 Western* 12/2007 Eastern May 2008 - WBPC Repo 10/2009 Western, 2010 EBTA, 2010 WBTA, Dream Double Dip - Feb/March 2011, 2011 EBTA & 2011 WBTA + 2 writing cruises! upcoming: 2014 EBTA and 2014 WBTA
Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #622
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Does anyone remember the approximate price of a cab to/from the port in Barcelona? We are staying just north of Placa Catalunya by Casa Batllo, and received our first quote last night (for EBTA this May). Nearest metro is Passeig de Gracia if that helps perspective.

For five of us, including taxes, luggage and van: 55 euros each way

I just can't remember what we paid for four of us from that area to the ship on WBTA.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #623
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post

I am familiar with ASL, but what is BSL?
And is anyone requesting the shows for late seating be signed?
Skye
BSL = Brittish Sign Language. Sign Language is not international. ASL = American Sign Language (although actually based originally from French sign language....)

I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable to ask for the shows to be signed, as at this point I can hear enough to function, so I'd feel funny asking for a service that costs DCL money to supply. If enough people are onboard that it would enhance their experience, then I would.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #624
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post
Dennis tripped on the front steps and bashed his head on the brick ledge by the front door!
Ouch! Glad he is okay! Too funny on your statement on the dogs.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #625
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by debg View Post
Hi, Neighbor!
It's our preferred location. We've had 6134 for the past three cruises. We're hoping for our fave stateroom host, Orlando, too. He's often in that area of deck 6.

It's perfect, really. Three flights up to afternoon ice cream, three flights down for dinner. ;-)

debg
p.s. pretty kitties!
Yes, the location is perfect - we are usually on the other side of the ship in 6634, but (apart from the fact that we didn't manage to snag a secret verandah this time) we wanted to be on sunny port side for this cruise. Looking forward to seeing you around!

EDIT: Oh, I only just saw your p.s. - thank you for the compliment! I just read it out to Big Gray Kitty In The Foreground Of Avatar Picture who happens to be sitting five millimetres away from my keyboard and shedding hair on it. She wasn't overly impressed, but still ... thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWDAD View Post
Here is the list, so far, for the World Wide MAN Club meet. Next update will be next Sunday.

NWDad – Kevin
Mdwoodman – Michael
Buckeye Goofy – Glen Kraft, Mark
Chunkster20uk – Mark
Disneyfan_SD – Trent

Kevin
My husband Chris (who is on the DIS only vicariously through me) asks to be signed up as well please! He says he may not speak perfect English, but he guesses that at a men only get-together in a bar, speech won't really be necessary anyway
Oh, and as per the rules, sending you a pm as well.

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

Last edited by annichan; 02-18-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #626
pilk
DIS Veteran

Well it didn't take much to convince DW for this one. We are going to do an OBB in May for this one. So we are officially, unofficially on the cruise.

I will make the introductions now because I'll start following the thread because there is no way I am reading the 3 closed threads this group will have gone through by the time May gets here. At this rate it could be close to 20 threads by the time the cruise gets here.

It will be myself (Jon) and DW Candida (DIS: Photographer Goofy) this will be our second WBTA and 8th with DCL.

Jon
WDW October2002 All Star Music, November 2005 All Star Movies, April 2008 SSR & AKL, October 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort, January 2012 AKL for Donald and Chip & Dale, March 2012 All Star Sport, October 2012 All Star, January 2013 WDW Marathon Weekend "Goofy" Pop Century

DCL May 2008 Western, Sept 2010 WBTA, May 2011 Alaska, March 2012 Fantasy, April 2012 Hawaii

DLMay 2012
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #627
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisannB View Post
Good morning everyone! I love this thread and the things already planned! It is also like my cruising world is colliding - people I know from the WBRepo (PC 2008), and the 4 TA's I have taken are also cruising this one! I am so excited that I will get to see some familiar faces and meet new people too!

This is going to be a great cruise! We are also doing the EBTA in 2014 and my MIL and both kids will be doing that one, but they are only on page 2 - not as talkative!

Thank you everyone for already making this cruise so special!

I like others on here have been on multiple TA cruises (4 for me) with Disney and will be glad to help answer questions, except for port questions as they are different - but lots of insight to things - like did you know there is a hotel in the Barcelona airport that if you get in and do not want to go into Barcelona you can just stay there and then take Disney busses the next morning if you come in the night before the cruise? We did this and it worked great.

Krisann
Hi Krisann

I look forward to see you all next year as I last saw you at Panama Canal...

Oh thank for your information about Barcelona Airport as I never thought that...But disney buses will be take us to Cruise? Because my daughter still in school and on Friday, day before cruise, I am thinking flight out later with Olivia as she is in school until 12.15 pm *** i think limit take off school 10 days only? I am not sure.. and I have been in Barcelona twice already. Just flight out and stay overnight then start cruise...decision decision as plenty times ahead anyway.

Hope you all are well

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

Old 02-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #628
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
HI and welcome aboard

Oh no poor Dennis and poor you. Hope you are both making a good recovery.
hello TotallyAngelic

Thank you and looking forward to meet you

Scottishwee35

Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #629
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

I added a doc on FB for the linked dining. If you are on FB, you can add your name.

Also, can I do that here too? I started a excel spreadsheet but don t know how to post it ...can some one help??

Thanks

Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #630
Shercara
ArE wE tHeRe YeT?

Add us to the Party!

I joined the facebook group, and now this DIS thread!

Hi Everyone!

We, my hubby Phil and I are from New Jersey, and were thinking about the June or July 2014 sailings out of Venice with our 2 grown sons. That cost would have been $9-13,000 USD without air -so we decided to pass....then I saw this cruise and the price seemed much more reasonable for more cruising -(our last DCL cruise was a 14 night to Hawaii in '12 and I see there are a few of our fellow cruisers on this WBTA too!! -looking forward to seeing you all again!) Although the dates for the WBTA make it impossible for our sons to join us :-( we will have to make it up to them in the future!

FYI - I am an Obsesive Planner, so it looks like I've joined the right group! And DH just goes along with what I've planned - guess that's why we are 30yrs married! His only stipulation to me booking the cruise was that he didn't want to hear about it everyday - so... that is where you all come in!! :-) thanks in advance for being there for me and helping with my obsession!!

~Sherri
Sept 2011 -My 50th B'day Trip! at the Swan!

DCL Trips:
~ July '01 MAGIC 7 nite Eastern Caribbean
~ Nov '02 MAGIC 7 nite Western Caribbean
~ July '07 "MAGIC"AL 070707 11nite MED CRUISE!!
~ Oct 14, 2012 ~ 14 Night Hawaiian Cruise "WONDER"ful *30th Anniversary Celebration!!
~ April 11 '13 -3 Night First time sailing on THE DREAM and we are GOLD!
~ Jan 11 '14 - 7 Night Fantasy EasternCaribbean

~ Sept 6-20 '14 ~ Crossing the Atlantic on the Magic~14 Night WBTA!!
~ June 1, 2015 "Wonder"ful 1st Trip to ALASKA!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: