Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #46
leeg229
Mouseketeer

As a cast member in Studios my favorites are "Do you work here?" as I'm wearing royal blue dress pants, red mesh belt and a white button up shirt with sketches of random disney characters all over with my name tag.

Can you make it less hot out?
Can you make it warmer? We thought Florida was always warm.

When will it stop raining?

Can we stay in the Hollywood Tower Hotel?

Do you know how to get to Disney World?

Where's the castle?
'Oh, Cinderella's castle is in the Magic Kingdom'
No no no, Harry Potter's Castle that's why we came to Florida.
'.... That's about 15 minutes down I4 at Universal Studios'
I thought this WAS Universal...

These were always amusing
Old 02-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #47
MacDalt
DIS Veteran

Keep em coming! These are great!

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #48
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229

Where's the castle?
'Oh, Cinderella's castle is in the Magic Kingdom'
No no no, Harry Potter's Castle that's why we came to Florida.
'.... That's about 15 minutes down I4 at Universal Studios'
I thought this WAS Universal...

These were always amusing
This makes a LITTLE sense...they both say Studios, so I can understand confusion for someone who has never been.

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #49
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie

And here I thought I was the only one silly one! I thought all of Epcot was in the giant ball too. And I had also heard that Epcot had different areas representing different countires. So I always imagined the giant ball filled with booths (like at the fair) where you get information on the country.

In my defense: growing up on the west coast, when they showed ads for Disney World they always showed the giant ball- nothing else. I'm embarressed to say how old I was before I realized it wasn't like that though.
I thought it was this way until last year, when I started researching to go to WDW. A had a friend who went when she was five or so, and she made it sound like everything was in the ball. I am also on the West Coast, and no one else told me otherwise :rotfl

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #50
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
I thought it was this way until last year, when I started researching to go to WDW. A had a friend who went when she was five or so, and she made it sound like everything was in the ball. I am also on the West Coast, and no one else told me otherwise :rotfl

Thank you for making me feel better! I'm starting to think WDW marketing on the west coast hasn't been so good!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #51
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #52
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCbride View Post
A friend who went for the first time 2 weeks ago asked me how much change to pack and if the drivers accept dollars for the Disney bus system
But what about the tip for the bus drivers?
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #53
Tormania
Mouseketeer

Funny stories.....but the future of humanity is seriously in doubt!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #54
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Last trip, we were in AK headed towards EE and we passed that sign in Asia that says a hotel is opening next season.

The people walking next to us.... "Oh look they're opening a new hotel here next year!!"

I hope they won't be disappointed when the sign is still there next year

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #55
zpbarn01
Earning My Ears

The amount of people who don't know Disneyland and Disney World are two different places, let alone that they are on opposite coasts of the country, baffles me. It's happened all too often someone will ask me if I'm visiting "Disneyland" during my trip to Florida. Just last week I had a co worker explaining her last trip to me: "We went to the Studios, Animal Kingdom, the one with the ball, and then Disney World." I'm guessing when she said she went to "Disney World" she was actually in Magic Kingdom. I kindly explained to her the very confusing concept of 4 parks - 1 world.
zpbarn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #56
TygerHawks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
"Does Disney fly you guys over every morning?" (It's a nine hour flight!)
LOL! Not Disney related, but I got something similiar. I did an online degree from Northern Arizona University while living in Texas. Never failed, no matter who I was talking to including at a Parks and Rec seminar (my field):

Them: Where are you getting your degree?
Me: NAU
Them: *confused look* But you work in Texas?
Me: Yeah, I take my private jet every morning....

It always takes what seems like 5 minutes for people to understand I did it online
TygerHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #57
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Probably the funniest (and saddest) moment was visiting with a mom and her son sitting over near the Hall of presidents. She was intently studying the park map mid-afternoon, and we asked if they were having a good time. They both eagerly assented that they were but they hadn't been able to find any rides yet. We took the time to show them on the map that many of the attractions are indoors, and walked with them immdiately to the haunted mansion. I bet this happens way more than people think! It is not a carnival!

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #58
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpbarn01
The amount of people who don't know Disneyland and Disney World are two different places, let alone that they are on opposite coasts of the country, baffles me. It's happened all too often someone will ask me if I'm visiting "Disneyland" during my trip to Florida. Just last week I had a co worker explaining her last trip to me: "We went to the Studios, Animal Kingdom, the one with the ball, and then Disney World." I'm guessing when she said she went to "Disney World" she was actually in Magic Kingdom. I kindly explained to her the very confusing concept of 4 parks - 1 world.
In the UK a lot of people don't seem to even realize there are two separate Disney resorts in America. We just get asked are you going to Disneyland America?
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #59
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

I planned a trip back in 2005 for our extended family and wanted to make special Disney character t-shirts for everyone to wear in the parks. I asked my mother-in-law who her favorite Disney character was and she responded . . . Tweetie Bird. During the trip, she became smitten with the Beauty and the Beast show in DHS and declared she related to it because she was a Beauty and her husband was a Beast . . .
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #60
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaughlinS View Post
I have been planning a first trip to Disney World for my 2 DDs (4 and 6) as well as 9 other friends and family . I was "elected" to be in charge I guess because 8 of the other 9 are sort of tagging along or piggybacking off of my trip. Let me tell you, these people have asked me some hard questions . I've come here to find many of the answers.

They also have asked some of the most newbie questions possible. I'm not hating, but some of them really made me and . These questions would be easily answered if they put any effort into researching their trip.

A couple examples:
1. My uncle asked me if the Tree of Life was a live tree.
2. He also insisted he got the best deal in the world at UC because the tickets he bought came with
FREEEEEE Fast Passes.
3. He also has been looking at ways to save money and was very excited to learn that everywhere he goes he can get FREEEEEEE Valet Parking because of his handicapped grandson.
4. He also decided to go to Branson and buy a timeshare last spring so that they could trade it out to stay on Disney property for FREEEEEEEEE.
5. Someone asked if Small World goes upside down.
6. Another was really blown away and upset that we are not going to Universal
and Sea World when she is really quite certain that she and her husband bought Park Hoppers.
7. Uncle wanted to know if we made a meal reservation for 12 to have breakfast with the princesses, would they know to seat us at a table with enough room for the princesses also. He doesn't want to have to ask for more chairs.

Okay, maybe it's just my uncle for the most part. But, what are some of the oddest questions you've encountered when going to or being at Disney?

I found this post to be very endearing
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: