Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #211
SparklesofHope
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniferdr View Post
Hello all. We will be joining you on the Med cruise!! Can't wait. It will be me (34), DH (37), DD (10), DS(7), parents And brother. Can someone please add me to the Facebook page? Looking to do the FE as well. Thanks, Jennifer
Welcome!!

WDW 1984; Christmas 2010 Hilton Bonnet Creek
Disneyland, CA--Too many to count!
1st DCL cruise--Magic in the Med 6/2013
SparklesofHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #212
SparklesofHope
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
Mega excited

Booked our Palo brunch, Palo dinner, spa reservations and port adventures this morning

Can't wait now
How exciting!!!

We have to wait until March--

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 03:46 AM   #213
ame
Addicted to travel

Hi! I booked this cruise last year but haven't done much planning til now. Paid in full
On this cruise will be myself, dh and our four kids. Ds1(15 in July) ds2 (13), ds3 (11 in July) and the one and only dd (9).

This will be our 2nd cruise as a family (first one a MR in April 2011) and 3rd cruise for ds3 & I who went to Alaska in July last year for his 10th birthday present. We loved it so much we booked a Christmas mr cruise for last year which was cancelled so we sat in limbo hoping for Europe 2013!!

We are from Sydney, Australia and are flying into Barcelona 5 days before the cruise. We're doing all the ports on our own (except Naples for Pompeii) as dd uses a wheelchair for long distances and disney's excursions aren't very wheelchair friendly for our ambitions we are doing the Greece cruise immediately after this one. Is anybody else going b2b??? Then a night in Barcelona and 3 nights in Singapore on the way back home to winter.

So that's us..
ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #214
ame
Addicted to travel

Hi. Just caught up on the thread. Lucky for me it hasn't been too chatty but I saw the fb group link and requested to join. I'm guessing that's where all the chatting is happening.

Ds3 & I did the fe on our Alaska cruise and loved it! But we won't be doing it on our Europe cruises. We're travelling light with 4 suitcases between the 6 of us (& one will be small for ds3 to pull) to keep airports with 4 kids and a wheelchair manageable.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #215
SparklesofHope
Earning My Ears

Now that the PIF date is behind us, let's get this thread going! Thought I would post here instead of FB to help out other potential cruisers.

So where are you all staying pre/post cruise? I've struggled with trying to decide where to stay--way too many choices! I initially booked Novotel Barcelona City, but then thought we are in Barcelona--we need to experience the city! So after the cruise, we'll be staying at Gaudi's Nest--received pretty good reviews on TripAdvisor. Plus they offer a Spanish brunch, paella dinner, and shuttle service if you choose, all for a reasonable fee.

Any food recommendations off the ship?? We're really looking forward to trying churros and chocolate in Barcelona & pesto and anchovies at Cinque Terre. Looking for more ideas...

As you can tell, we LOVE to eat!

Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #216
Maleficent73
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ame
Hi! I booked this cruise last year but haven't done much planning til now. Paid in full
On this cruise will be myself, dh and our four kids. Ds1(15 in July) ds2 (13), ds3 (11 in July) and the one and only dd (9).

This will be our 2nd cruise as a family (first one a MR in April 2011) and 3rd cruise for ds3 & I who went to Alaska in July last year for his 10th birthday present. We loved it so much we booked a Christmas mr cruise for last year which was cancelled so we sat in limbo hoping for Europe 2013!!

We are from Sydney, Australia and are flying into Barcelona 5 days before the cruise. We're doing all the ports on our own (except Naples for Pompeii) as dd uses a wheelchair for long distances and disney's excursions aren't very wheelchair friendly for our ambitions we are doing the Greece cruise immediately after this one. Is anybody else going b2b??? Then a night in Barcelona and 3 nights in Singapore on the way back home to winter.

So that's us..
That sounds like a wonderful family holiday! How awesome that you are able to do a b2b. I also adore Singapore. Secretly plotting a way to be able to move there some day...

2011 MR on the Wonder, 2012 Fantasy Wedding at Castaway Cay, 2013 Magical Med

Maleficent73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #217
ame
Addicted to travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesofHope View Post

So where are you all staying pre/post cruise? I've struggled with trying to decide where to stay--way too many choices! I initially booked Novotel Barcelona City, but then thought we are in Barcelona--we need to experience the city! So after the cruise, we'll be staying at Gaudi's Nest--received pretty good reviews on TripAdvisor. Plus they offer a Spanish brunch, paella dinner, and shuttle service if you choose, all for a reasonable fee.

Any food recommendations off the ship?? We're really looking forward to trying churros and chocolate in Barcelona & pesto and anchovies at Cinque Terre. Looking for more ideas...

We are staying at Novotel city pre cruise. Three beds in each room and a cheap breakfast for the win We wanted to be away from the city central part anyway and it's opposite a large shopping centre with a carrefour so that suits us perfectly.

Post cruise we're going on another cruise and then one night in Hilton diagonal after that one. $260 through Disney as opposed to $360 booking directly.

Food wise, we love going to supermarket and trying new things. Also we just try whatever we can find around, no real planning there from us except for having a supermarket lined up in each country. My kids love trying different sweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent73 View Post
That sounds like a wonderful family holiday! How awesome that you are able to do a b2b. I also adore Singapore. Secretly plotting a way to be able to move there some day...
Yup we are so lucky to be able to swing it and tell the kids (and ourselves) every day! My husband has been in his job for over 20 years so has 6 months long service leave. He's using less than 2 months of it for this trip.

I adore Singapore too, it's one of my favourite cities in the world. I wish I could move there too! We just travel there every couple of years instead

And, my DD was sitting next to me while I was posting last night and she loves your avatar. She had a magical encounter with Maleficent at DL a couple of years ago which has stayed with her & she has a special place for her (for real!)
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #218
calmom
Just a dream and a wind to carry me...

We decided to change this cruise, our eldest ended up having Football practice in June and not August, so had to change sailings. Have fun!
calmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #219
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

So is anyone else planning on staying up until midnight next Friday to book port adventures?
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #220
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
So is anyone else planning on staying up until midnight next Friday to book port adventures?
I'm think we are earlier since we are on the West Coast but YES!!! I have it as an alert on my computer and we have the excursions already saved. Palo is easy this early, too! This will be our 1st as Gold members
This trip is coming up fast. I feel like SpongeBob...I'm ready, I'm ready!!!
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #221
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
I'm think we are earlier since we are on the West Coast but YES!!! I have it as an alert on my computer and we have the excursions already saved. Palo is easy this early, too! This will be our 1st as Gold members
This trip is coming up fast. I feel like SpongeBob...I'm ready, I'm ready!!!
Oh I am so jealous you get to do it at 9:00 PM. I just hope I can stay awake.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #222
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesofHope View Post
Now that the PIF date is behind us, let's get this thread going! Thought I would post here instead of FB to help out other potential cruisers.

Are you going to take the Cinque Terra DCL tour or on your own? We keep going back and forth but I think with being unfamiliar and with a 13 yr old in tow we will play it safe and go with DCL.
For pre-cruise we are going to stay 2 nights in London and fly into Barcelona the day of...I know risky but DH wants to see London. We don't know when we will get another chance, so London it is. Your choice in Barcelona sounds great! Brunch AND Paella?? Food is our way of experiencing the culture when we go on vacation.
If I get any good ideas from tomorrow at the Travel show, I will post them here and on FB!
Are we there, yet????
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #223
LauraJoJo
Earning My Ears

Smile Greetings all

Just wondering if there will be many teenage girls. I'll have a 13 & 14 year old. I've seen lots of boys that age but not any girls. Can't wait to go, but first have the Princess Run this weekend & the Aulani next month!
LauraJoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #224
SparklesofHope
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
Are you going to take the Cinque Terra DCL tour or on your own? We keep going back and forth but I think with being unfamiliar and with a 13 yr old in tow we will play it safe and go with DCL.
For pre-cruise we are going to stay 2 nights in London and fly into Barcelona the day of...I know risky but DH wants to see London. We don't know when we will get another chance, so London it is. Your choice in Barcelona sounds great! Brunch AND Paella?? Food is our way of experiencing the culture when we go on vacation.
If I get any good ideas from tomorrow at the Travel show, I will post them here and on FB!
Are we there, yet????
We are planning to do Cinque Terre on our own- I'm a little nervous about that but it sounds like many people have done it. We considered the DCL tour but would rather do a little more walking than spending more time on a boat.

It sounds like we like to experience culture the same way--Eating our way through Europe!! London is a great city- so many things to see! DH & I went to London & Paris back in 2000 before kids & would love to go back someday. Our oldest is really into soccer so we are also planning a visit to Camp Nou at FC Barcelona.

How was the travel show??

Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #225
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

We are staying at Novetel Barcelona City the night before the cruise. It was cheap & had the family room. Plus the HOHO bus stop is right in front of the hotel.

When we return from the cruise, we are puddle jumping to Lisbon. Staying there for a few days & then returning to Barcelona. Staying a Casp 74 Apartments for 3 nights before returning home.

Using Rome in Limo for Rome & Naples. DCL For Florence and on our own in Villefranche. We cannot book until March 10th so may have to change Florence if we cannot get excursion. Want Palo for dinner 6/12 (my birthday ) and any brunch opening either sea day. Plan to do tastings but think those are booked on board.

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: