Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #2716
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM2Thingsx3 View Post
SO I have been creeping the last couple of weeks since I started thinking about planning a "last minute" trip to the mouse. FINALLY today I joined. Due to my husband being a teacher that also does summer school and camps we are limited to when we can go. Last time we went in July, 5 years ago which was INSANE, hot, sticky and completely crazy busy. THis year we are doing April 3-9, which i know is still a busy time but we are going for longer and it wont be as hot. We have DD9, DS5 Ds2. We are going to relax in the morning and head to parks mostly in the afternoons and stay until the evenings. So we fly in the 3rd, our flight in is around 11AM. What are suggestions for that first afternoon evening that will be somewhat low key, as we will be getting the kids up at 4AM for a flight (it's their first time flying and a surprise that we are even going). We are staying at CSR. Last time was the Beach Club but we got a great deal last time,,, hoping that Beach Club didn't ruin us for other properties.
Added you to the first post. Welcome to the DIS!

I laughed at your name. We have friends that refer to their kids as Thing 1, Thing 2, and Thing 3 (which happened to be a Disney souvenir) and then they went to Disney again and Thing 4 arrived nine months later. They are talking another Disney trip and of course they are getting teased.
pwdebbie is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #2717
alc571
DIS Veteran
 
alc571's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 615

Hi all!

I can't believe it! We just booked a royal room at POR for Apr 14-22!

We went to POR last October and fell in love. We were looking to go back in Sept this year, but decided this morning to look at prices and they were too reasonable to pass up! Notice I said reasonable and not cheap! Haha!
__________________
Me DH DS8
'82 Offsite; '85 FW; '87,'98 (DL), '99, '04 & '09 Offsite; '12 POR; '13 POR; '13 (DL); '14 AKL; '14 POR/Offsite; '15 POR
alc571 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #2718
melindae10
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 80

I really want to do the on line check in so I can make some requests but I have some questions. If anyone knows...

Do you need to be paid in full?
I keep seeing conflicting info about the CC thing, I would rather not link a CC just because of security reasons, anyone know for sure about that?

I guess I can just try it and see what happens? 66 more days!!
melindae10 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #2719
ambiancetc
Mouseketeer
 
ambiancetc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
My replies are in red. (As if that wasn't obvious.)
Originally Posted by ambiancetc
Oh look a thread for everyone going in April count us in! Is it sad that I have a dining spreadsheet? How we're saving spreadsheet and custom calendars showing park times with crowd level overlay? Any one want to critique my itinerary?

No, what's sad is that you've done all that but only have 14 posts! Where have you been hiding? You are obviously Disney addicted! If you join the FB April 2013 group (link in first post) you could post your spreadsheets for all to see.

I've been hiding behind all these spreadsheets! I'll have to check out the April FB page.
__________________
______________________________
Me "N" DH "J" DD9 "A" DD6 "E" DS4 "B" DSIL16 "K" aka Disney Travel Buddy
We're fighting Mitochondrial Disease one Disney trip at a time!
Disney Make-A-Wish Trip for DS!
5/7 - 5/13/2012 -GKTW
Celebration of Life - Let's do it again!
4/19 - 5/3/2013 - WBC
Squeezing the piggy bank again!
9/6-9/13/13 - WBC & 12/3-6/13 - POP- Shhh surprise Mommy Daughter trip for A's Bday!
If I budget really carefully!
FEB 2014
ambiancetc is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #2720
klm7926
Mouseketeer
 
klm7926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fishers, Indiana
Posts: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindae10 View Post
I really want to do the on line check in so I can make some requests but I have some questions. If anyone knows...

Do you need to be paid in full?
I keep seeing conflicting info about the CC thing, I would rather not link a CC just because of security reasons, anyone know for sure about that?

I guess I can just try it and see what happens? 66 more days!!
I checked in online without being paid in full....did so after the fact. I'm not sure about the CC thing. I linked mine.
__________________
kristen wife to ryan mom to dominic 8 and lucas 6
may 2011: orange lake country club
march 2012: coronado springs
april 2013: all star sports
klm7926 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #2721
jodebode
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 51

I want to join! We are doing a very brief trip in April. Originally had a week at Vero Beach planned, then decided to switch to 3 nights at AKL to try out our new DVC membership and 5 nights VB. But couldn't be that close without going to a couple parks so now we're doing April 6-10 at AKL with a couple park days, then 4 nights at VB.

So excited ... but not sure how I'll do it with only 2 park days. Our last two trips were 10 nights and 11 nights. But, I'll be 7 months pregnant when we go, so I think 2 days of that much walking may be enough!
__________________
jodebode is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #2722
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran
 
haPevraftr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindae10 View Post
I really want to do the on line check in so I can make some requests but I have some questions. If anyone knows...

Do you need to be paid in full?
I keep seeing conflicting info about the CC thing, I would rather not link a CC just because of security reasons, anyone know for sure about that?

I guess I can just try it and see what happens? 66 more days!!
I checked in online this morning and couldn't get it to link my cc, but I could skip that step and still check in. So, I don't see why you wuold need to even try to link it if you do not want to.
__________________
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #2723
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran
 
wdw4rfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 2,051

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
I checked in online this morning and couldn't get it to link my cc, but I could skip that step and still check in. So, I don't see why you wuold need to even try to link it if you do not want to.
I cant believe this, I tried and tried to get around it, called and was told you HAVE to, there was no way around it. So I finally did, because we are epecting to arrive at 10am, and everytime we have done online check-in and got there early, our room has always been ready. They did tell me you can revoke the charging to the room when you check-in. So I will do that.
__________________


2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #2724
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!
 
Blackbeltdisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullybigadventure View Post
I can see the weight loss! You look beautiful! Congrats, I know what hard work it is!
Aw, thanx!! You are so sweet! It has been hard for sure. What has made it worse is that I found out just before our September 2012 trip that I need two hip replacements. I think it was all the impact from training in the martial arts! I had a really heavy training schedule when I found out, and was in terrible pain, so I had to stop training like I was. Not being able to exercise like I used to has made it even harder!

QUOTE from within my quote (can't figure out how to quote it from there): I can see it in your picture. But <<gasp>> you use a fanny pack??? How could you? I pulled mine out yesterday and discovered I no longer need the extender. Then when my dd stopped by, I showed her and all she could say was, "Oh mom, tell me you do NOT wear a fanny pack." I told her, "Yep, comfort is more important than style. I can take it off for pics if I want or even sling it over my shoulder for a bit." She says I should use a back pack. Ummm, no, I think not!

Thank you!

Haha! I try to say it isn't a fanny pack. It is "technically" golfer's bag, and I don't know if it is meant to wear around the waist, but it fit, so I did! I HATEHATEHATE carrying things in my hands. I have always been that way! Back in the day when I used to go to Cedar Point and Geauga Lake I would pin my money into my pockets so I didn't have to carry it. It's funny you say that though b/c after a couple pictures with the golfer's pack (see? still won't admit to it!) I decided I didn't like how it cut off my waist in pictures and started taking it off when I knew a pic was being taken. I hated that I couldn't see how much flatter my stomach was!

Great job not needing the extender anymore! I didn't have to use a seatbelt extender on the plane this last trip! My mom kept laughing at me b/c I was so excited and would smile so much when I snapped my seatbelt on and it was comfortable. What a great feeling! Good for you!

Hubby has volunteered to carry a bag since we won't have a stroller with us again until we have grandchildren someday! (It better not be too soon! I am only 35!!!) I just would be so irritated to have to carry something in the parks. I guarantee I would end up with a locker.



Well...the website issues were sorted out finally! Yesterday it showed us staying at POFQ and POR simultaneously!!!! I was so . Today it shows us at POR again, so we are good to go!
__________________

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #2725
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^
 
Alice Royal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Twenty minutes from WDW. :D
Posts: 414

Yesterday I had my mom log in to the My Disney Experience app on my iPad, and it worked perfectly. Only problem was that I wasn't allowed to look at any day but our arrival day, not because of app issues, but because I accidentally discovered that there was a SURPRISE hidden somewhere in our trip!

All I know is that it's an ADR, it's not on our first day, and that it's not our Garden View Tea Room ADR (we had originally not been able to get the reservation, but we eventually did and I knew about it). Part of me wants to do some sleuthing, because we still have two months to go and I'm a very impatient person, but the other part is interested in waiting it out because I've NEVER had a surprise at Disney that went unspoiled (due to said sleuthing)...

I'm going to go read some TRs to distract myself...
__________________



THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!


THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Alice Royal is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #2726
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran
 
TJDisneymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 1,658


haven't been on in a few days because I was sick as a dog. Today is the first day since thurs. i'm able to get up and around.......but now YDD has it. Hopefully this means we're getting the sickies out of our system and don't have to worry about it for April.

I haven't attempted to do online check in yet. I'll probably do it this week for the heck of it.
__________________
**please forgive typos, typing from Kindle
Me , DH , DS(11) , DD(7)
*1986: CR/Poly *1987-1999: numerous offsite stays *2001: DLR offsite (honeymoon!) *2/2011: 1st family trip ~ ASMU Family Suite
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #2727
chrisc88
Mouseketeer
 
chrisc88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 107

Booked a spur of the moment trip for April 6-9 at CBR. So excited!! Did not think we would be going until Dec 2014.
__________________
Chris



chrisc88 is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #2728
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran
 
gtpoohbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal
Yesterday I had my mom log in to the My Disney Experience app on my iPad, and it worked perfectly. Only problem was that I wasn't allowed to look at any day but our arrival day, not because of app issues, but because I accidentally discovered that there was a SURPRISE hidden somewhere in our trip!

All I know is that it's an ADR, it's not on our first day, and that it's not our Garden View Tea Room ADR (we had originally not been able to get the reservation, but we eventually did and I knew about it). Part of me wants to do some sleuthing, because we still have two months to go and I'm a very impatient person, but the other part is interested in waiting it out because I've NEVER had a surprise at Disney that went unspoiled (due to said sleuthing)...

I'm going to go read some TRs to distract myself...
Haha, good luck! I can't stand waiting for surprises and always end up sleuthing Most people know just not to bother trying anymore.

I just did my online check-in!! It worked fine, right at 60 days (I know some were saying they had to wait until 59). I also bought trip insurance, so there's no going back now, lol! I did notice a mistake on our ME info so I guess I'm going to have to call again though.
__________________
Me (Jaime) * DH (Brian) *DD (Lily-11) * DS (Owen-4)

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA
Upcoming Trips: 10/14 - POR | 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
gtpoohbear is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #2729
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,099

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtolgd View Post
We haven't completely ruled out visiting AK for part of the HS day. My in-laws are footing most of the bill as a big family gift, and got a plan for 3 park days, so we are planning within what we have. We go to zoos regularly, and dh is not really into seeing the shows there, so we tentatively decided that if we need to skip one, that will be the one. We will see, though, once we are there!

We are planning to be at Epcot by 10 AM on our first day there, so hoping to get in some of the attractions in Future world before heading through World Showcase. Of particular interest by members in our group are Turtle Talk with Crush/The Seas with Nemo, Soarin', the Agent P missions (at least 1), and Illuminations, along with just enjoying the different countries. Anything else we may do beyond those is just icing on the cake!

We know that with limited time there we can't even come close to seeing everything...but we hope to still have a wonderful time!
You should be able to get all that done by arriving at Epcot at 10am. You only have one activity that might get you a longer line, but you should easily be able to get a FP for Soarin if the line is too long.
I LOVE AK, and think it has a completely different feel than any of the zoos I've ever been to, but I can understand why it would drop out easily.
When I was faced with possibly skipping a park for this trip, Epcot actually dropped out for us, then I realized it will be the Flower & Garden Festival, so we're doing hoppers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw71 View Post
I did ours right as soon as I was able and all went fine. We have two rooms on separate reservations so I had trouble at first figuring out how to get to the second reservation. Once I figured that out I was able to complete both rooms. For POFQ we had several room request options to choose from (corner room - near transportation - first floor etc) but you caould only select two. It also gave me the option to attach a CC to the reservation. It would not take my CC info so I proceeded without that. We can do it when we get there I guess but we may not even do that this trip now that I have had time to think about it. We find it too easy to spend when we can just hand over our room key. I saved a PDF of my confirmation screen to print out and take with us.
So corner room is an option on there? That's good to know!
We've never done room charge before, so I don't know what we're going to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Has your family participated in the flag retreat at MK? My sister knew nothing about this so yesterday I went online to find a video to send her and found a fantastic video on youtube from Dec. 2012. I've told her that on their next trip they really need to do this. (My sister served in Desert Storm and her dh will be retiring from the AF within a year or so.)
No, we haven't, but I'm seriously considering it this time around. I've read all the tips about it on militarydisneytips.com. I think DH would really enjoy it!

I can definitely understand the elevators not being in convenient locations. I don't usually mind stairs either, but since we'll have a stroller with us, we'll end up using the elevators if we're on a higher floor.

I wouldn't want to book through AAA either. I'm even getting worried about ordering our park tickets through the military.

If we had actually been able to make a trip in January work, we probably could have swung the Wilderness Lodge, but rack rate in April is higher.
Oddly enough, we paid around the same amount per night for CBR in November 2010 as we did for AKL in January 2009 (around $150/night). Part of it was due to rack rate increases, but it's also due to the tiered discounts and differences between seasons. I'm really happy that we got such a good rate for AKL then, but it's frustrating that it's not always a possibility.

At some point, I doubt we'll even be able to justify staying in a Moderate resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM2Thingsx3 View Post
SO I have been creeping the last couple of weeks since I started thinking about planning a "last minute" trip to the mouse. FINALLY today I joined. Due to my husband being a teacher that also does summer school and camps we are limited to when we can go. Last time we went in July, 5 years ago which was INSANE, hot, sticky and completely crazy busy. THis year we are doing April 3-9, which i know is still a busy time but we are going for longer and it wont be as hot. We have DD9, DS5 Ds2. We are going to relax in the morning and head to parks mostly in the afternoons and stay until the evenings. So we fly in the 3rd, our flight in is around 11AM. What are suggestions for that first afternoon evening that will be somewhat low key, as we will be getting the kids up at 4AM for a flight (it's their first time flying and a surprise that we are even going). We are staying at CSR. Last time was the Beach Club but we got a great deal last time,,, hoping that Beach Club didn't ruin us for other properties.
I would probably head to the Animal Kingdom, because it tends to close a little earlier, but the crowds disperse fairly well after the parade.

April 3-9 will be more crowded than July was, so you may want to consider planning on Rope Drop at least once during your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc571 View Post
Hi all!

I can't believe it! We just booked a royal room at POR for Apr 14-22!

We went to POR last October and fell in love. We were looking to go back in Sept this year, but decided this morning to look at prices and they were too reasonable to pass up! Notice I said reasonable and not cheap! Haha!
I start getting Disney colored glasses after a while, since everything's so expensive. I mean....$70/person for Hoop dee doo isn't that much, considering even the Plaza costs a good $20/person?

Although...I've been pricing out a Mother-Daughter trip for my Mom's 50th birthday this summer, and Disney really isn't that bad in comparison. That's why we've gone to Disney so much in the past few years. I could go to Disney, have unlimited entertainment, transportation, and budget exactly what I'm going to need on food, or I could try to cobble together something somewhere else, and not know about the extra charge for underwater basket weaving class etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindae10 View Post
I really want to do the on line check in so I can make some requests but I have some questions. If anyone knows...

Do you need to be paid in full?
I keep seeing conflicting info about the CC thing, I would rather not link a CC just because of security reasons, anyone know for sure about that?

I guess I can just try it and see what happens? 66 more days!!
I doubt it. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't offer it before people reached their 45 day mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal View Post
Yesterday I had my mom log in to the My Disney Experience app on my iPad, and it worked perfectly. Only problem was that I wasn't allowed to look at any day but our arrival day, not because of app issues, but because I accidentally discovered that there was a SURPRISE hidden somewhere in our trip!

All I know is that it's an ADR, it's not on our first day, and that it's not our Garden View Tea Room ADR (we had originally not been able to get the reservation, but we eventually did and I knew about it). Part of me wants to do some sleuthing, because we still have two months to go and I'm a very impatient person, but the other part is interested in waiting it out because I've NEVER had a surprise at Disney that went unspoiled (due to said sleuthing)...

I'm going to go read some TRs to distract myself...
That's why DH can't surprise me with anything, especially anything Disney related.
In fact, a few years ago, we both were thinking about planning surprise Disney trips for each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post

haven't been on in a few days because I was sick as a dog. Today is the first day since thurs. i'm able to get up and around.......but now YDD has it. Hopefully this means we're getting the sickies out of our system and don't have to worry about it for April.

I haven't attempted to do online check in yet. I'll probably do it this week for the heck of it.
I'm sorry you've been sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc88 View Post
Booked a spur of the moment trip for April 6-9 at CBR. So excited!! Did not think we would be going until Dec 2014.
Congrats!
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #2730
mblab
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 9

Hello again everyone! There may still be a month and a half (ish) until our trip but I've got Disney fever! I was up until 2 am last night/this morning on this amazing site! I'm trying to plan as best as I can and create an amazing vacation!
We have 3 full days (and 3 days worth of tickets) for 4 parks so I've tried to plan around that as best as I can. (Especially since my DH has never been to AK or HS) Here's the plan so far:

Saturday, 4/13: Drive in and spend the afternoon at the outlets. (Kate Spade has my name on it for visiting, and probably only window shopping) then check into POP and do something fun for dinner, tbd (any suggestions?).
Sunday, 4/14: AK all morning and afternoon and then MK for the extra magic hours (we think being there super late at night has got to be cool, or at least we have to try to find out). If we're not too tired we may swing by HS that afternoon before heading off to MK.
Monday, 4/15: EPCOT, F&G festival foods for lunch and an ADR at Biergarten for dinner
Tuesday, 4/16: (my birthday! ) MK (and maybe HS that afternoon if we didn't get there before and we can manage to leave MK)
Wednesday, 4/17: check out but we've got ADR at Boma for breakfast before driving back home

I'd love any thoughts or suggestions any of you may have. Or even just a "woo hoo" in sharing in my excitement!
mblab is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.