Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #1006
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke&Tree View Post
DH and I celebrated our anniversary last month with a wonderful dinner at V&As, and we loved every minute of it! This thread was helpful in nudging us to go for it. Neither of us have any food allergies, but some of the items were really 'out there' for us. We took the advice from many in this thread to just trust the chefs and to go for it. We didn't bother asking for any substitutions or have any items omitted from our meals...we let them prepare as indicated. Everything was absolutely wonderful. I think with each course at least one of us declared, "This is the best thing I have ever eaten!"

No actual dining review, but I wanted to post for others that might be a little leery. Also, I wanted to note that we went into it worrying that there wouldn't be enough food, since the portions were so small. We were both absolutely STUFFED when we left. (We did each have the wine pairing, though, which may have contributed) Even if you end up not liking one or two items a ton, there will be MORE than enough food between the rest of the courses.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Jill in CO
Old 02-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #1007
Pygoplites
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke&Tree View Post
DH and I celebrated our anniversary last month with a wonderful dinner at V&As, and we loved every minute of it! This thread was helpful in nudging us to go for it. Neither of us have any food allergies, but some of the items were really 'out there' for us. We took the advice from many in this thread to just trust the chefs and to go for it. We didn't bother asking for any substitutions or have any items omitted from our meals...we let them prepare as indicated. Everything was absolutely wonderful. I think with each course at least one of us declared, "This is the best thing I have ever eaten!"

No actual dining review, but I wanted to post for others that might be a little leery. Also, I wanted to note that we went into it worrying that there wouldn't be enough food, since the portions were so small. We were both absolutely STUFFED when we left. (We did each have the wine pairing, though, which may have contributed) Even if you end up not liking one or two items a ton, there will be MORE than enough food between the rest of the courses.
I love reading posts like this! I'm so glad you ventured a bit out of your comfort zone and just "went for it"! It's truly a special, magical place.

While I've had some better overall dinners at a few other restaurants, the single best dish I've ever eaten was at V&A. It literally brought tears to my eyes. Occasionally, good food will give me goosebumps, but no taste ever made my cry before. I also had the best bottle of wine of my life there...there were tears then, too (when the check arrived!!).
Pygoplites is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #1008
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygoplites View Post
I love reading posts like this! I'm so glad you ventured a bit out of your comfort zone and just "went for it"! It's truly a special, magical place.

While I've had some better overall dinners at a few other restaurants, the single best dish I've ever eaten was at V&A. It literally brought tears to my eyes. Occasionally, good food will give me goosebumps, but no taste ever made my cry before. I also had the best bottle of wine of my life there...there were tears then, too (when the check arrived!!).
Pygoplites what was the dish that gave you goosebumps.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #1009
Pygoplites
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
Pygoplites what was the dish that gave you goosebumps.
It was an off-menu dish that Chef Scott created for me during white truffle season a few years ago. It had black truffle gnocchi, porcini mushrooms, a stock or jus, maybe some parmgiano reggiano, and totally covered in white truffle shavings. It was similar to the poulet rouge that was on the menu (minus the chicken).
Pygoplites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #1010
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygoplites View Post
It was an off-menu dish that Chef Scott created for me during white truffle season a few years ago. It had black truffle gnocchi, porcini mushrooms, a stock or jus, maybe some parmgiano reggiano, and totally covered in white truffle shavings. It was similar to the poulet rouge that was on the menu (minus the chicken).
Thanks Pygoplites.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #1011
Kidgoingon40
Mouseketeer

Hi, I was hoping you guys could help me with a question. I have made a surprise dinner res at Victoria and Albert's for my husband's birthday. He thinks we are going to Narcoossee's, and I want it to remain a surprise until we get to the lobby of the Grand Floridian (I already have got him wearing a suit to dinner, thankfully ). I was wondering if I should expect any other communication from Victoria and Albert's besides the phone call to discuss allergies/likes/dislikes the week before? My husband's e-mail is what we have our trip/dinner reservations under, so I was wondering if it is likely they will e-mail anything besides the original res confirmation? Also, does anyone know if it is possible to arrange a time for them to call? I want to make sure it is when my husband isn't home...

DisneyWorld Trips: 1990 GF / 1995 GF / Dec 2007 - Jan 08 DH and my 1st trip together / 2009 Jan GF July WL Birthday Sept. GF-AKL MNSSHP - Expedition Everest Challenge / 2010 Poly / 2011 GF split stay US PBR / 2013 March Contemporary
Kidgoingon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #1012
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

call them directly and explain that you want all communication to be on your cell phone/ email...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #1013
Embraer
Mouseketeer

Or email them at WDW.Victoria.and.Alberts@disney.com
Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #1014
Kidgoingon40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
thank you!!! i really needed their e-mail because i can't easily call them (our home phone doesn't have long distance, and we have one cell phone that my husband takes with him...so it was going to be hard to sneak the phone calls!).

DisneyWorld Trips: 1990 GF / 1995 GF / Dec 2007 - Jan 08 DH and my 1st trip together / 2009 Jan GF July WL Birthday Sept. GF-AKL MNSSHP - Expedition Everest Challenge / 2010 Poly / 2011 GF split stay US PBR / 2013 March Contemporary
Kidgoingon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #1015
pink5683
Mouseketeer

Just booked my dinner at the Chef's Table in October to celebrate my 30th birthday and I am so stinking excited!!!

Now to figure out what to wear!

pink5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #1016
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Thanks to this thread, I decided to bite the bullet and made reservations for Queen Victoria's room for our 25th anniversary in September.

I also have a question about outfits to wear. Usually I'm very casual so I don't have a lot of dresses other than sundresses. I do, however, have a floor length, spaghetti strap gown for those ever so often formal events. Would that be over doing it, or should I buy a LBD?

One more question, my DH is more of an eat and run kind of guy. Can the servers adjust the timing between courses? I know he'll love the experience, but he gets bored easily.

2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #1017
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink5683 View Post
Just booked my dinner at the Chef's Table in October to celebrate my 30th birthday and I am so stinking excited!!!

Now to figure out what to wear!
As Oprah always said... ELASTIC!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #1018
waitomo
Experienced with Disney, New at posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post

As Oprah always said... ELASTIC!!!
Congratulations Pink5683! This is my first post on these boards so pardon if this is too broad of a question, but I have a three day platinum plan for December. I have been to Disney a lot and except for Victoria and Alberts I believe I have eaten at all the signature restaurants. We are staying at the GF too. What are your thoughts on eating there twice in 4 nights?

A thousand wonders to see everyday
waitomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #1019
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitomo View Post
Congratulations Pink5683! This is my first post on these boards so pardon if this is too broad of a question, but I have a three day platinum plan for December. I have been to Disney a lot and except for Victoria and Alberts I believe I have eaten at all the signature restaurants. We are staying at the GF too. What are your thoughts on eating there twice in 4 nights?
Twice in four nights? Hmm. We've done twice in one year a couple of times, but your suggested multiple visits within a few days may not be the best decision. The experience factor may not be duplicated on your quick-return evening (that "something special atmosphere" about entering V&A may not happen on night #2). And we need an extra day just to digest everything!

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite.
BC1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #1020
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
Excellent, thank you!

I just booked for early may, there was still some room

But the website would only let me out in an US phone number (so I gave them their own...) so they don't have my number. But at least this way I can let them know a few very strong dislikes we have.

DH hates cheese and I can't have fish and detest mushrooms....

I went back and forth like a hundred times to book or not to. Decided if they had room on my chosen day I'd book it and they HAD!

Will be a nice surprise for DH
RedfromNL is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: