Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #16
Steph01002
Earning My Ears

I wear my pearl necklace from Epcot Japan almost every day.
Steph01002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

My high-end watches and kitchen tools completely different ends of the souvenier spectrum, but much-used and much-loved I buy all my goods at the WoD store in DTD!
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #18
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

My kids loved the remote control ride vehicles when they were younger (about $15 I think) and the PDAs. They loved setting alarms for FP.
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
DanceDrawDream
Mouseketeer

I agree with the pressed pennies and then also the book that they go into...especially since you can get them in many places. It's great to see how they change over the years, for example I have both a MGM one and now a Hollywood Studios!

WDW <3 1995 *First Time* ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 1997 ~ Off Site, 1999 ~ Off Site, 2000 *Danced on Tomorrowland Stage* ~ All Star Music, 2005 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2009 ~ All Star Music, 2012 ~ Pop Century
DanceDrawDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #20
brownierose
Mouseketeer

Since I was younger we get etched glass mugs with our favorite characters on one side and names on the other side.

I think autograph books r great! My dd4 loves get and I still have one of mine.

I agree with magnets and ornaments with yr as well as photo album and frames
brownierose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #21
DanceDrawDream
Mouseketeer

Oh just realized I forgot my favorite souvenir! I love getting the leather snap bracelets that you can have your name engraved on (especially seeing as my name is never on anythingggg). You can also add a "charm", for example last time I got a mickey shaped head with "2012" in the center... I always get a new bracelet each time we go and wear it all the time. So for me it's a cool bracelet with my name, and also a constant memory of Disney! And in case you have no idea what bracelets I am talking about, there's a shop in Frontierland that does them, a place in Epcot...they have stands all around the parks.

WDW <3 1995 *First Time* ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 1997 ~ Off Site, 1999 ~ Off Site, 2000 *Danced on Tomorrowland Stage* ~ All Star Music, 2005 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2009 ~ All Star Music, 2012 ~ Pop Century
DanceDrawDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
texasroni75
Mouseketeer

I like to buy refrigerator magnets. They have SO many options I could buy a bunch each trip and they always have different ones on the next trip. They are small, relatively inexpensive (compared to many other souvenirs!), and they are practical! I get to see them daily in use on the fridge and they always make me smile and want to go back to WDW!

DD(19) - DD(12) - DS(9) - DS(2)

Booked at All-Star Music - September 2014!!!

All-Star Movies - Jan 1999, Coronado Springs - Feb 2001, All-Star Sports - March 2002, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2005, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2009, Port Orleans Riverside - December 2009, All-Star Movies - September 2013
texasroni75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #23
msminnieears
Mouseketeer

The photos are the best IMO. I buy the photopass and a picture frame for the different years. I also collect the Christmas ornaments and coffee mugs. Be sure you get them to wrap them so they won't break on the way home. This year I'm going to pick a pearl and draw an animated character in HS. I think those ideas sound neat.

1985-off site; 1991,1993,1995- Disney Villas; 1999- AS Movies; 2004- SSR; 2006- AS Movies; 2008- CR; 2010- POR ;March 2013 CSR; July 2014 day in MK; next trip... May 2015 hopefully,,,,
msminnieears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #24
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

First of all, souvenir is a difficult word to spell...had to look it up!
We always try to bring something home for family and friends but that can get expensive fast. We started a tradition when we used to get the meal plan and inevitably ended up with lots of unused snack credits...which we turned into souvenirs...in the form of Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispy Mickey Mouse heads on a stick. We abandoned the meal plan years ago but have stuck to the Mickey head souvenirs. No matter the age, most people get a kick out of the special (and yummy) little gift.

P.S. The gift shops will always give you extra little disney bags which ups the special factor of each gift.

Last edited by DanenRox; 02-26-2013 at 06:47 PM.
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #25
Weezerette
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
Aside from the memories...

The straw is an excellent value I agree ( dh DON'T PUT IN DISHWASHER...UGH!!!!!)

We also do pressed pennies..

I also have my dd's silhouette done each time we go.. It captures her growth and I have even scanned it and used her silhouette as a watermark on stationary.. Or thank you cards... I can turn it into all sorts of items.
The silhouette sounds like a wonderful idea. Where can you get that done? Sorry if that's a stupid question, first time to disney with a kid.
Weezerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #26
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezerette View Post
The silhouette sounds like a wonderful idea. Where can you get that done? Sorry if that's a stupid question, first time to disney with a kid.
We just had a silhouette done of our girls on our last trip. It was a very nice and inexpensive souvenir. It was $8 per person and if you wanted to purchase a frame that was an additional $8. You actually end up with 2 copies which was perfect for sharing with family.

It was located at Magic Kingdom, right off of Main Street. As you are walking towards the castle, it is a little alley to your right. There is a cart set up there. We had actually gotten to open the MK that morning and did the silhouette right after so it is a great memory of a very special day.

Here is a video of one being done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX2r2ueay58
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #27
Kbendig
Mouseketeer

Ornaments to remind me of my trip, though I forgot one the last trip. I kept meaning to get one, then kept saying "tomorrow".

We got a pillow pet last time and it is used every day. We may or may not even fight over it.

I know not everyone likes the refillable mugs, but I use mine almost every day. I fill it with water and it makes me feel like I'm back in Disney.

I JUST got rid of a sweatshirt that I got in 1991, so I'd say that was a good buy as well. I just had to come to terms with not being able to fit in it anymore.

Otherwise, we've gotten pins which my son loves to look through. We tend to bring home some snacks to remind us of our trip during our Disney depression days. Our last trip we brought home popcorn.

I also LOVE the pearl I got in Epcot and wear my necklace all the time. I get compliments on it, and it lets me talk about my trip.

DH
ME
DS5

Dude, Where's my Underwear TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014168

You only have 2 years to make ADR's, an October 2014 PTR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024844
Kbendig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #28
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Another one for the pennies, my kids had fun looking for the machines.
Also in DHS they had "dog tags" that you can have engraved on the back. On the front there's everything from Mickey and the gang, princesses, even Perry (my ds loved that one) We put their 1st name, the year and 1st trip to FL. I think they were under $10
Old 03-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #29
moviefreak78
Earning My Ears

These are great ideas! Does anyone do the pin trading? I just got some off of eBay and hope that the kids will enjoy that. But if not, at least I didn't pay too much for them to start out with.

Crossing my fingers for a Thanksgiving trip this year!
moviefreak78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #30
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak78
These are great ideas! Does anyone do the pin trading? I just got some off of eBay and hope that the kids will enjoy that. But if not, at least I didn't pay too much for them to start out with.
You are smart not to spend too much. A friend of mine spent a small fortune before her trip, only to find that her kids could not care less about it. Another friend's kids love it, but starting small sounds like a good idea to me.
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: