Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #16
Scully12
Mouseketeer

Looks like prices went up! When I was there sunglasses were $0.25 a pair! We'd go there and literally grab a handful of sunglasses and go pay...we didn't really care what they looked like since they were so cheap and I'd probably lose them soon anyways lol.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #17
Practically.Perfect
Earning My Ears

Be careful if you work at Magic Kingdom, since it's easy to stop in and "just look around" if you get to work early.

Also if you see something you want get it, since it will not be there next time you go.
Practically.Perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #18
Shortney
aspiring to work for a mouse :)

Do they sell jewelry at pc? Also, do they ever have Disney movies either in property control or cast connection?

Fall 2011 Attractions!
Shortney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #19
Practically.Perfect
Earning My Ears

I got a pair of earings there for 50cents. I'm still not sure what was wrong with them. i don't know about movies though
Practically.Perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #20
DOPEYLUVER
DIS Veteran

My daughter got an $85 watch for $15. It was one that is full of "diamonds." One was missing. She says, "Apparently Disney thought that was a $70 stone."

DOPEYLUVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #21
t-ho
everybody dies but not everybody lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortney View Post
Do they sell jewelry at pc? Also, do they ever have Disney movies either in property control or cast connection?
Yes, they sell jewelery. I pretty much lived off of it. It takes a lot of looking like a thift store, but you'll find diamonds on the rough for sure.

As for movies, it's no blockbuster, but they do exist. Electronics like that end up there evem if it's because their packaging is ripped. My roommate bought the Jonas Brothers Concert DVD ( lol ) there and a few others, but they go FAST. I've even seen Wii games!

t-ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #22
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Now here's the question... what are the days they generally stock it...?
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #23
piratechick
Princess and Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznshents View Post
Now here's the question... what are the days they generally stock it...?
Everyday! So, like someone said above, if you like it, buy it! Because it won't be there the next day. Things go fast off the shelves and they always have something new everyday.

Disney Visits:
In Mommy's Tummy: Disney World,Off-site; 1989: Disney World, Contemporary Resort; 1990: Disney World, Contemporary Resort; 1993: Disney World, Pop Century Resort; 1994: Disney World, Contemporary Resort; 1996: Disney Word, Old Key West Resort; 1998: Disney World, Grand Floridian Resort; 1999: Disney World, Off-site; 2002: Disney World, All-Star Music Resort; 2003: Disney World, Polynesian Resort; 2005: Disney World Senior Trip, All-Star Sports Resort; 2007-2008: Disney College Program; 2008: Disneyland, CA, Offsite; 2009-2010: Disney College Program
piratechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #24
BookLover23
Earning My Ears

I know it's been a while since someone posted but I was just wondering if they have something like this at DL.... I'm planning on applying for the CP this month for August and would really love to find great deals like this there! I mean, the 40% at Christmas time is a great deal but I kinda like the lost and found stuff for sale too!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #25
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Wow, this is an older thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookLover23 View Post
I know it's been a while since someone posted but I was just wondering if they have something like this at DL.... I'm planning on applying for the CP this month for August and would really love to find great deals like this there! I mean, the 40% at Christmas time is a great deal but I kinda like the lost and found stuff for sale too!
To my knowledge, Disneyland has Company D as well as Mickey's of Glendale in Glendale, CA.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #26
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Does Disney only have these types of "stores" at WDW or does anyone know if there is one at Disneyland? I'm already thinking of things to buy and I haven't even got accepted yet!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #27
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Does Disney only have these types of "stores" at WDW or does anyone know if there is one at Disneyland? I'm already thinking of things to buy and I haven't even got accepted yet!
Nope, Disneyland doesn't have this as far as I know.
lego606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #28
DBPJR
DBPjr

New Property control store???????

Can anyone tell me if the Property Control store has moved to a new location?
I thought I saw they were building a new store for property control.
DBPJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #29
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Yes, there is one at Disneyland. If I recall correctly, it's about a mile off property. In California, the "Damaged/Discontinued/Discounted" merchandise is all in one store, rather than 2, and I believe it's called Company D. (Florida's "Company D" store where you can buy cast exclusive items is called the "TEAM Center" in California)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBPJR View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Property Control store has moved to a new location?
I thought I saw they were building a new store for property control.
They have replaced the trailer with a permanent building, but it is in the same location.

The Cast Connection store also now has a limited selection of grocery items. Gallons of milk, packages of cheese slices, bread, eggs, and some fruits and veggies at pretty reasonable prices, compared to grocery stores. It's not a full grocery store by any means, but it is nice to be able to pick up some of the essentials at a lower price.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #30
DisneyCampinMeMa
Livin' Da Disney Life

PROP CONTROL ..... still as nice ?

It's been a few years since my kids worked for DW. I used to shop at PC ALL the time. When my kids worked there, i remember my daughter and son bought a couch for $20, a file cabinet for $3, and tons of household items. I, myself, bought ALL B'Day, Holiday and All Our Special Occasion gifts there all the time.
QUESTION....
Is it still there ? (i have not been there since '08) and if it is, Is it still just as nice and economical as it used to be ? Do I need to find a cast member now to go there ? My kids no longer work there and now have grandbabies, and since Disney changes rules constantly, , I'm just wonderin' what i need to do to shop at my "Happy Place" ..... LOL
DisneyCampinMeMa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: