Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Talking Beatles Roadie...my FIL

Hi

Hope you don't mind me posting this? Its just a little tribute to my FIL whom I never met as he was shot dead by the LAPD in the 1970's. I made this last year for my husband and his side of the family but its only recently he has wanted it to become public on YouTube. I just thought that maybe with the Beatles being in the news recently it might be of some interest to die hard fans who know of Mal Evans...the little boy in some of the photo's is my husband (bless!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RyOrbDSPdI

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I'm not a fan but I found that incredibly moving. What a lovely thing to do for your DH.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Hi Vanda

I remember us having a conversation about Mal a while back, how did the play go down after at Edinburgh?

What a lovely tribute, that was really moving

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida sun View Post
Hi Vanda

I remember us having a conversation about Mal a while back, how did the play go down after at Edinburgh?

What a lovely tribute, that was really moving
Yes the play went really well thank you. The bloke doing the play took it the Edinburgh Fringe but because he didn't have any money to advertise the event he didn't play to very full audiences but got good reviews for it anyway. Anyway he is going to re-write some parts of it and tour with it again.

There is a writer in LA that we have writing his dads story of his time with the Beatles and at the moment we are slowly, very slowly, transcribing all his diaries for him as the writing is truely dreadful..its taken us about 2 hours just to do Jan and Feb 1969 today!!! Hopefully at some point there will be a book but don't know when. Mal Evans story is such a sad one in the end but it needs to come out so people can see what a total (please insert your own bleep word here)........... Paul Mccartney really is! We have had many a run in with Sir Macca and have always had to drop it because of his vast amt of money which means he can have the BEST lawyers going! There was a time when we so wished we'd had a hidden micro-phone as the things he says are dreadful...not a nice guy at all..Anyway as you can tell we aren't a fan of him

DH remembers meeting all the Beatles and has lots of great memories of them but in the end his dad, Mal, left his family to dedicate his time to the Beatles and live in LA, where he was shot dead by the LA Police...

DH is leaving his job next month and I have said that its a good time to do something about getting the story well and truly out there (as well as looking for another job) and maybe releasing some unseen photo's into a book or something.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Gosh Vanda, I find this all fascinating, and there is def a story to be told, I just hope you and your DH get a chance to tell Mal's story.
Let me know how you get on with the transcribing and if the book gets written as I would be really interested in it. Good luck with it all

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Thanks for sharing! What a lovely thing you did for your DH.

I too am very intrigued by Mal's story, please keep us updated.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: