Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #31
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1tinkfans
I have seen people turned away for being early, but if I were on a line waiting with my FP in hand and the time went by because of line issues, UH, I would ask for a manager or something if they did not let me on...seriously, they wont let you in if they CAUSE the delay...like the line moving too slowly, thats crazy...
that will certainly cause an UProar..

too many Disney "things" to worry about...and inconsistencies make for a more challenging trip...theres enough planning and Over planning IMHO...
where will we want to eat, Can we even get in, what time, what park, transport concerns, fastpass concerns, time concerns, line concerns, room locations, requests etc etc etc

Sometimes I miss years past......Disney was calmer, more relaxing ,,,,or is it just that Im getting older ..
I don't think that's an issue. Once you are in line to present your FPs to enter the FP queue, you should be good.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #32
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
It was actually March 7, Mr. G.
OK, how about I live in a different time zone. Yea, that's the ticket...different time zone. I'm going with that answer Regis!
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #33
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
No, you have to take what's there or pass on it. We were there in mid-December and it drove me nuts. It never seemed far enough away to justify sending a runner ahead of the group, or doing something in another land and coming back. And it was always just a little longer than I wanted to hang out. Just sort of an awkward in-between.
Yes this is what I think will happen to us. Tough with a 4 and 11yr old to be at the right place at the exact time. We tend to split up for rides too.

They seem to cater more towards the people going to one park for the day then park hoppers. I wonder if hopper tickets will decrease because of this.
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #34
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

I don't think that's an issue. Once you are in line to present your FPs to enter the FP queue, you should be good.
Except it was an issue for a PP, who described getting in the FP line right at the closing window for their FP and having one minute pass while they were waiting. The CM gave them a hard time about being one minute late.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #35
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
Except it was an issue for a PP, who described getting in the FP line right at the closing window for their FP and having one minute pass while they were waiting. The CM gave them a hard time about being one minute late.
It's safe to assume that the CM was exhibiting
atypical argumentative behavior.

Don't expect that to happen to most guests.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #36
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
Yes this is what I think will happen to us. Tough with a 4 and 11yr old to be at the right place at the exact time. We tend to split up for rides too.

They seem to cater more towards the people going to one park for the day then park hoppers. I wonder if hopper tickets will decrease because of this.

We have annual passes and park hop a LOT. Before the change, we used FastPasses pretty much in the time frame allowed but there were occasions where we would just use them later. Now, we just adjust to what is available and what our plans are. If a FastPass is feasible, we get one. If it's for a time when we think we'll be in another park, we don't. Kinda simple for us.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #37
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
I don't understand the logic behind these two sentences. If you go to one park then park hop, won't they sell more park hopper tickets?
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #38
sigepmike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74

You get a one-hour window...even with kids, you can make it across a park in a hour.
sigepmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #39
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
I don't understand the logic behind these two sentences. If you go to one park then park hop, won't they sell more park hopper tickets?
I think PP meant to say "than" rather than "then." The logic makes sense if you read it using the word "than."
Old 02-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #40
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8

We have annual passes and park hop a LOT. Before the change, we used FastPasses pretty much in the time frame allowed but there were occasions where we would just use them later. Now, we just adjust to what is available and what our plans are. If a FastPass is feasible, we get one. If it's for a time when we think we'll be in another park, we don't. Kinda simple for us.
Well that is simple for you because you have annual passes and visit often. This will only be our 2nd trip in 6-7yrs.

We tend to park hop 2-3x a day. DHS in AM. Take boat to Epcot countries for lunch/exploring and back to DHS at night for more rides. By doing that I will not be able to use any FP that day. Anyone I get in AM, will probably have a window I will be in Epcot and by the time I get back to DHS, they will all be issued for the day.

Same with if you have an ADR. You walk all the way to Soarin and the line is 90min and the FP being issued is during an ADR for LeCellier, you just wasted 20-30min of your time and didn't go on a ride. For those during Spring Break and summer when lines are crazy long and it is hot, that could be frustrating.

For us, it makes me wonder whether ADR's out of a park (say Ohana's) is worth it. If park hopping is worth it or if trying to leave for naps is worth it. All things we loved doing but will adversely affect getting FP's.

I rather them get rid of the idiots that run around with 10 tickets from their family to get 10 fast passes for every ride they can. I think only 1 person for 1 fast pass would help declutter the system abuse. But I realize the CM's by the FP machines would have to be more diligent and that would have problems as well.
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #41
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I rather them get rid of the idiots that run around with 10 tickets from their family to get 10 fast passes for every ride they can. I think only 1 person for 1 fast pass would help declutter the system abuse. But I realize the CM's by the FP machines would have to be more diligent and that would have problems as well.
I'm confused by this. I'd rather have one person getting all 10 fastpasses for their entire group than have all those extra people cluttering up the place. And don't they have as much right as anyone to get FPs? They are still limited to waiting for the next one until 1) their window opens or 2) 2 hours pass. They really can't get any more than you can. And no, I don't ever travel with a large party.

Not that it matters at all. This whole method is going the way of the dinosaur very soon.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #42
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well that is simple for you because you have annual passes and visit often. This will only be our 2nd trip in 6-7yrs.

We tend to park hop 2-3x a day. DHS in AM. Take boat to Epcot countries for lunch/exploring and back to DHS at night for more rides. By doing that I will not be able to use any FP that day. Anyone I get in AM, will probably have a window I will be in Epcot and by the time I get back to DHS, they will all be issued for the day.

Same with if you have an ADR. You walk all the way to Soarin and the line is 90min and the FP being issued is during an ADR for LeCellier, you just wasted 20-30min of your time and didn't go on a ride. For those during Spring Break and summer when lines are crazy long and it is hot, that could be frustrating.

For us, it makes me wonder whether ADR's out of a park (say Ohana's) is worth it. If park hopping is worth it or if trying to leave for naps is worth it. All things we loved doing but will adversely affect getting FP's.

Honestly? This is something everyone has been grappling with for a year now. It takes some adjusting to your touring plan. In your DHS-Epcot-DHS day, you might have some choices to make. Instead of spending an hour or more traveling between DHS and Epcot, you could instead stay in DHS and have better use of FPs. Or if you want to hop three times in a day, you could get all the DHS headliners out of the way at RD and spend your evening at DHS doing second-tier rides/attractions that would have less of a wait. The choices are yours, but the enforcement isn't going away.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #43
sigepmike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74

With technology, you don't have to walk to a ride to find out wait times or FP return times. Download the MyDisneyExperience app or the Lines app from Touring Plans. They can save you a ton of time.
sigepmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #44
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:

The first FPs we grab in the morning usually have an early return time, like less than 2 hours away. We get in a standby queue, ride, go on a low demand/fast load attraction, then grab a snack, then it's time for our FP return. DD and I went in July/August last summer, peak times, and rode everything in every park, park hopped at least once a day (often twice) and had two days left out of our 7 day trip to go back and just hang at the parks, taking our time and riding our favorites one more time.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #45
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

We've always adhered to the return times and we've never had a problem. We park hopped, too. I don't understand what the big deal is?
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: