Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
dskib
DIS Veteran

Atlantis Beach Day vs. Blue Lagoon

Can anyone tell me which one is better? It will be me, my dh and our 5 year old. Honestly, the only reason I was considering Atlantis is that I read there are more return shuttles back to the ship than there are at Blue Lagoon. But if Blue Lagoon is better, and less expensive to boot, I'm still open to it.

Thanks!
dskib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
ash901
Mouseketeer

Interested in the responses. We are contemplating the same thing for the same reason.
ash901 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
MCO mama
Mouseketeer

We went to Blue Lagoon January 2012 -- me, dh, and our daughter who had just turned 4. Because the lagoon is protected, it is very calm water -- great for little ones in my opinion. There is a section you can pay extra for with climbing things & trampolines in the water (think "Wipeout") that looked fun for older kids. We would be happy to go back.
MCO mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

We haven't been to Atlantis (yet), so I can't offer a comparison of the two. Since you're talking about the Atlantis Beach Day, though, and not the Aquaventure, you need to decide what is more your family's "speed." Do you want to relax on the beach, or do you want to have an interaction with dolphins or sea lions? My DH and DD did the dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon Island last year, and it was an incredible experience. People on the Disboards seem to have had great experiences with the dolphin and sea lion shallow water interactions as well. We hung out at the beach for awhile afterward and enjoyed it, but I don't know that we'd go to Blue Lagoon Island just for the beach.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

We did Blue Lagoon last year when we were on NCL. Had 5 16 year olds that got to interact with the Dolphins and really enjoyed it. The island is really nice very laid back. Food was ok drinks VERY strong!!!
tnkrbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer

Considering the same thing only we have 3 teenagers. Last time we did the Aquadventure, which was a huge success with my kids. Unfortunately, we cannot afford to do it again. I had never heard that there were some water activities for older kids at Blue Lagoon. Does anyone know how much it costs? Also, is there anything like this at the Atlantis beach?
luvdmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

I would post some pics of Blue lagoon but not sure how to do it,
tnkrbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know about the inflatables located at Blue Lagoon? Is there an additional charge? Enough to keep teens content? Pictures?
luvdmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #9
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdmouse View Post
Does anyone know about the inflatables located at Blue Lagoon? Is there an additional charge? Enough to keep teens content? Pictures?
Here is a link to Blue Lagoon's web site, where you will find pricing info and photos. Personally, I don't think there is enough there to keep teens occupied for more than an hour or two unless they are content to lounge on the beach. If they were participating in the dolphin swim and then heading over to the beach, that would be another story.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/island-all.php

Here is the best photo I got that shows the inflatables:

ETA: This is not a photo of one section of the beach/swimming area -- it is the whole area.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
dskib
DIS Veteran

Thanks! Has anyone been to either one recently? I booked Atlantis today and have since read some bad reviews about the beach and the food.
dskib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: