Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
SixUnderSix
Earning My Ears

Has anyone done a MAW trip with a lot of children??

Hi all - we just found out last Friday that our 2 year old adopted son was going to be granted a wish through the MAW foundation.

He is terminally ill and has several circumstances that I am researching to see what he can do and can't (he's on a feeding tube, in a wheelchair, and has a pulse ox monitor and is sometimes on oxygen).

My question is, we have 6 children (3 bio children - ages 8, 7 and 5 our adopted son aged 2 1/2, and our two foster daughters - ages 17 months currently and 7 months).

My question is, how have other large families with a child with so many needs managed at WDW. My husband and myself will be with all the children and we have gone before we adopted our son but this trip is obviously going to be a bit different.

Thoughts? Experiences? Anyone else with a child that had a feeding pump or other tubing - will I have time to get on and off rides with his equipment - I know they slow most of them but I'm scared of not making it on and off in time...

Thanks so much - we are so excited for him that I'm already having dreams of his trip :-)
SixUnderSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: