Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
bcinohio
DIS Veteran

Food court at Art of Animation resort?

DH and I are taking a trip Dec 4-9 and was wanting to stay at the AoA resort. We have stayed at all the other value resorts and have liked them all. Wanted to try the new resort. My question is about the food court. I looked at the menu for the new resort and it looks a lot different than the other value resorts. I am a picky eater and stick to what I think of as standard food. I eat pizza, hot dogs, chicken fingers, tacos, etc. No seafood. The menu at the AoA doesn't look like it serves the basics compared to the ASMu or ASMo. For anyone who has stayed there do they offer these items like the All Stars or is it a totally different menu?

I know it is crazy but it will make the difference in where we stay.

Thanks.

bcinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

We toured AoA and had lunch there one day. There were burgers and a variety of pizzas. Not sure about chicken fingers but I think there was chicken on the kid's menu. It's also easy to walk across the bridge to get to Pop but it is kinda far to their food court, especially if you are in the LM section of AoA.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
NYUBwayBaby
Mouseketeer

I'm a picky eater, as well, and we stayed there marathon weekend. I didn't see chicken fingers, but they have the standard cheese and pepperoni pizza. The burgers are made to order, so you can get it plain if you want. They also have a little pasta station, and you can get plain pasta there, too. They have the typical Disney breakfast items.
Overall, I didn't have a problem with the food.
NYUBwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

As others have said, they have pizzas, a variety burgers and a create your own pasta station that will allow you choose as simple or deluxe of a pasta dish as you'd like. I think I also remember a meatball sub.

Something to keep in mind is that you're a short walk away from Pop where you can easily go to get a lot more options.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcinohio View Post
DH and I are taking a trip Dec 4-9 and was wanting to stay at the AoA resort. We have stayed at all the other value resorts and have liked them all. Wanted to try the new resort. My question is about the food court. I looked at the menu for the new resort and it looks a lot different than the other value resorts. I am a picky eater and stick to what I think of as standard food. I eat pizza, hot dogs, chicken fingers, tacos, etc. No seafood. The menu at the AoA doesn't look like it serves the basics compared to the ASMu or ASMo. For anyone who has stayed there do they offer these items like the All Stars or is it a totally different menu?

Thanks.
Their menu is completely different than any other food court on property.
They do have pizza, burgers, create your own pasta. They have have bbq pork sandwich and a couple other sandwiches. They have a daily soup as well.
When my daughter gets off work tonight (she works in the food court there) I'll ask her if they have kids chicken fingers/nuggets on the menu - last I heard they didn't serve them.

As others have said, it's a short walk over the bridge to Pop to eat there.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
cmsb
Earning My Ears

We have picky eaters in our family and everyone was still pretty happy with the food. There was pizza, made to order burgers, made to order pasta (my boys stuck with tomato sauce and meatballs), made to order salads, mac and cheese, meatball sub, and a variety of other sandwiches. There weren't any chicken fingers, hot dogs, or tacos, though.
cmsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

I got the kid's meal options: Chicken drumstick, chicken thigh, mahi mahi, turkey sand, pasta, pizza, chicken or beef burger, mac and cheese.
Within the next couple of weeks they are getting corn dog nuggets, chicken parm and kids size bbq pork.
They definitely do not have hot dogs, tacos or chicken nuggets/strips for kids or adults.

OP - it's going to be a guessing game for you as to what the options will be when you go on your trip. The menu has changed several times since they opened last May - some items added and others taken off.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #8
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

From what I understand, being at AofA, you could also walk over the bridge to eat at the POP food court. They may have different options there.
1989 Off Site-2003 Contemporary Resort-2006 Old Key West-2008 Caribbean Beach Resort-2010 Contemporary Resort-2012 Disney Cruise Line Magic-2013 Contemporary Resort-2013 Beach Club -2014 POP Century with Dance the World

buzzrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #9
blueberrypancake
Earning My Ears

I am staying at AoA next week and am excited about the "not standard" fare available there as we are vegan! So to each his own , right

I do want to walk over to POP and see what they have as well, Does anybody know if POP has Burritos still? ( this might be an option , like tacos, for OP) "a make your own" type deal
blueberrypancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberrypancake View Post
I am staying at AoA next week and am excited about the "not standard" fare available there as we are vegan! So to each his own , right

I do want to walk over to POP and see what they have as well, Does anybody know if POP has Burritos still? ( this might be an option , like tacos, for OP) "a make your own" type deal
I just looked at a menu from Dec. and don't see burritos listed.
http://allears.net/menu/menu_popct.htm
Old 02-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
DanaMark3boys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcinohio

Thanks.
I feel like I could have wrote your post!! This is exactly our dilemma with Aoa. I know most people love the "different" menu aoa has but it is totally putting a kink in my plans to stay there. My hubby would love it, but me and the kids are very plain and stick to the same foods you mentioned. It's making our booking very tough- we want I try aoa but were leaning on going back to all star movies mainly Bc of the food options:/
DanaMark3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMark3boys View Post
I feel like I could have wrote your post!! This is exactly our dilemma with Aoa. I know most people love the "different" menu aoa has but it is totally putting a kink in my plans to stay there. My hubby would love it, but me and the kids are very plain and stick to the same foods you mentioned. It's making our booking very tough- we want I try aoa but were leaning on going back to all star movies mainly Bc of the food options:/
Keep in mind that Pop Century is a very short walk across the bridge to their food court. You could enjoy the best of both.
DAAR is a fun resort and their pool is the largest on property.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
lemonpan
Mouseketeer

I stayed at AoA in November (LOVED IT!).

One night, after a long day at the parks, I was in the mood for a hot dog. I'm gluten-free, so Disney is one place I can order a safe hot dog with a bun. A HUGE deal for me.

I wandered over to AoA food court and was really surprised that they did not have hot dogs. Since the craving was strong, I headed over to Pop and enjoyed my hot dog.

A few nights later, my mom (who is also gluten-free) wanted a hot dog. Her words, "That hot dog looked so good...." Well, she was not up for walking to Pop after we'd walked all day. Luckily we had a car. So I drove her over. No problem.

However, I can see if you don't have a car or if not much on the AoA menu appeals to you, staying there might not be as fun---especially if you plan on eating at the food court on a regular basis.

I know it's just a little thing BUT I really could see the menu turning into a big thing if you don't like the food.

Good luck deciding!
lemonpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: