Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #316
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Thanks.

Not to cause problems, but if there are any discounts that came out later for your stay: AAA, AP, general public... You can still try to apply them now to your reservation.

Oh, do tell and I'm also sorry for you and DH's loss.
Kook, I'll send you the link to my cruise spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom
Getting caught up on all the great posts !

DH and I also own timeshare at Marriott Kauai Beach and they do give 1st request to home resort owners over folks trading in and those paying cash. I thought our DVC guy told us that was same with Disney. We had a great 1BD BLT villa on the outside curve when we stayed in Oct and no room problems.

DH and I are scheduled to stay next week on atrium level at CR so will be sure to take pics of refurb providing it is finished. Haven't gotten a call yet so keeping my fingers crossed refurb is finished.

If anybody is an airline employee or married to one, they have a GREAT interline discount !
I can't wait to see the pics! All I saw was curtains and hardhats while I was there.

We truly love CR but I think we are going to try BLT when we finally return.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #317
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Getting caught up on all the great posts !

DH and I also own timeshare at Marriott Kauai Beach and they do give 1st request to home resort owners over folks trading in and those paying cash. I thought our DVC guy told us that was same with Disney. We had a great 1BD BLT villa on the outside curve when we stayed in Oct and no room problems.

DH and I are scheduled to stay next week on atrium level at CR so will be sure to take pics of refurb providing it is finished. Haven't gotten a call yet so keeping my fingers crossed refurb is finished.

If anybody is an airline employee or married to one, they have a GREAT interline discount !
Welcome! Unfortunately, WDW resort interline rates were discontinued last month. I believe they still offer them on cruises though.

Can't wait for your lounge and room photos. I wonder how they've changed the lounge? Thanks for posting them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Kook, I'll send you the link to my cruise spectacular

I can't wait to see the pics! All I saw was curtains and hardhats while I was there.

We truly love CR but I think we are going to try BLT when we finally return.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks - that was an amazing suite!! If you loved CR, you're going to love a spacious BLT one bedroom.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #318
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

A check in question

Just rented some points so I can treat DD to a quick MNSSHP trip.
I want to go to dinner at Poly right after arrival and am wondering, now that you check in at BLT, can I also leave my bags there? Can I still check in at CR for BLT and leave my bags there? I am hope to eliminate walking back and forth to the CR to get on the bus as I know we'll be tired and hungry.
May 2011: First Disney Cruise/First Stay at BLT
December 2011: First MVMCP/First WL Stay
September 2013: First Mother/Daughter Trip
April 2014:First Disney Cruise without stop in WDW
December 2014: First Mother/Son Trip

Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #319
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome! Unfortunately, WDW resort interline rates were discontinued last month. I believe they still offer them on cruises .
OMG...glad I booked my trip for the Princess Half Marathon before they stopped. I knew it was too good to last...any idea why?
Old 02-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #320
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
I want to go to dinner at Poly right after arrival and am wondering, now that you check in at BLT, can I also leave my bags there? Can I still check in at CR for BLT and leave my bags there? I am hope to eliminate walking back and forth to the CR to get on the bus as I know we'll be tired and hungry.
Nice to have a nurse around here, just in case

I don't know where they would store luggage at BLT since Bell Services is at the CR. We drove and schlepped our own luggage, but I believe they call for Bell Services form the CR for BLT guests. All BLT guests can always check-in at the CR. The bus stop is practically in the middle of both resorts, but if you're going to the Poly, you'll need to take the monorail - it's stop #2 from the CR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
OMG...glad I booked my trip for the Princess Half Marathon before they stopped. I knew it was too good to last...any idea why?
No, I don't know why they stopped, but I know it surprised another DISer who had booked with the interline discount then had difficulty modifying her reservation after discovering that it had been discontinued in the middle of January, I believe.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #321
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Nice to have a nurse around here, just in case

I don't know where they would store luggage at BLT since Bell Services is at the CR. We drove and schlepped our own luggage, but I believe they call for Bell Services form the CR for BLT guests. All BLT guests can always check-in at the CR. The bus stop is practically in the middle of both resorts, but if you're going to the Poly, you'll need to take the monorail - it's stop #2 from the CR.
It's my day off.
Thank you. As long as I can still check in at CR I'm going to do that and leave my bags there.
I was thinking that the bus to HS stops at Poly after CR, but it would probably be faster if I got the monorail as you never know when a bus will show.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #322
skifast22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On my last stay, our room wasn't ready at BLT when we arrived. They called bell services for us, who came to the BLT lobby and took our luggage. They then take it back to the contemporary for you to store it, and will deliver to your room once it's ready. The also refridgerated some of our groceries that required it, just had to put them in their own bag.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #323
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skifast22 View Post
On my last stay, our room wasn't ready at BLT when we arrived. They called bell services for us, who came to the BLT lobby and took our luggage. They then take it back to the contemporary for you to store it, and will deliver to your room once it's ready. The also refridgerated some of our groceries that required it, just had to put them in their own bag.
I would feel bad to make those guys schlep back and forth. It works out for all of us if I just check in at CR.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #324
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
I would feel bad to make those guys schlep back and forth. It works out for all of us if I just check in at CR.
Initially, you had to check in at CR. It changed to permit check in at BLT which we tried last October. I think it was newer and they were having some difficulties with it at BLT. They may have it figured out by now, but it sounds like you have a good plan already.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #325
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Hey again all! Is there parking at BLT or do you park at CR?
Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #326
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
Hey again all! Is there parking at BLT or do you park at CR?
There is lots of parking at BLT. You still need to go thru the entrance like you are going to CR, but then stay straight/left to roll into BLT parking lot.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #327
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer

There is ample parking at BLT right in front of the building.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #328
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

The Garden Room - exterior entry?

Do the rooms have an exterior or indoor access point? Not the ones in the tower, but the ones to the side of it. I believe that they are 3 stories tall? In other words, are the room similar to the value / moderate resorts with the exterior entry?

Thanks,
Old 02-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #329
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Thanks all! I'm soooo stoked to be staying BLT this time!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #330
carolinamama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'sMom
Do the rooms have an exterior or indoor access point? Not the ones in the tower, but the ones to the side of it. I believe that they are 3 stories tall? In other words, are the room similar to the value / moderate resorts with the exterior entry?

Thanks,
Interior corridors.

15 Trips to WDW since 1981 - Bay Lake Tower (2013), Port Orleans Riverside (2013), Contemporary (2009), Polynesian (2008), Wilderness Lodge (1995 and 2006), Caribbean Beach (1995 and other prior dates), Beach Club (1996), Disney Inn (1986), Disney Villas And now a Disneyland trip as well! Grand Californian (2010)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: