Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #2956
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Ok I seriously win the meathead award. I booked a second cabin on our cruise (or should I say tried to?). I was having serious issues getting connecting cabins. I couldn't do it online so I called for help. The guy couldn't access my reservation because it said I was still signed into it (apparently only one of you can be signed in). I call back about an hour later and the lady is having the same problem as I was having. She puts me on hold for a while so she can investigate further.... Guess what the outcome was. I booked the second cabin on a different cruise. So she gets it switched to the correct boat and we now have connecting 4B staterooms on the 8th deck!
Oh that is too funny Maybe you secretly just want to go on both cruises, lol!

Glad it all got sorted out and you have your connnecting cabins

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #2957
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Oh that is too funny Maybe you secretly just want to go on both cruises, lol!

Glad it all got sorted out and you have your connnecting cabins
The cruise was on the same day for the same number of nights, only it left from Galveston! Imagine if I never found out about the error? What a lovely time we would have had.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #2958
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Ok I seriously win the meathead award. I booked a second cabin on our cruise (or should I say tried to?). I was having serious issues getting connecting cabins. I couldn't do it online so I called for help. The guy couldn't access my reservation because it said I was still signed into it (apparently only one of you can be signed in). I call back about an hour later and the lady is having the same problem as I was having. She puts me on hold for a while so she can investigate further.... Guess what the outcome was. I booked the second cabin on a different cruise. So she gets it switched to the correct boat and we now have connecting 4B staterooms on the 8th deck!
Dani funny story but at least you found the problem and are now all booked

I am looking at 10/20 to 10/27 or 10/21 to 10/28 or.........

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #2959
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Dani funny story but at least you found the problem and are now all booked

I am looking at 10/20 to 10/27 or 10/21 to 10/28 or.........
Oh, good! We get to WDW the 26th!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #2960
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Bottle of water for me at happy hour tonight. Tummy has felt all day...

Jen.....you can't just mention tweaks and then disappear....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #2961
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #2962
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Our 10th was last June, and we dropped the kids off for a sleepover at a friends house and we went down to Foxwoods for the night. We stayed at the MGM Grand, which was pretty nice. Even though it was just a night, it was nice to get away, especially for a milestone like the tenth.
Sometimes, even just a night is all you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
That's the problem. We really don't have options that we feel good about for leaving them overnight.
I'm sorry. Hopefully you can work something out. Even if it is just for one night. The DH and I have gotten spoiled by our families. Both our parents have always lived with in an hour of us. His mom really believes that as long as a couple can afford it, it is important for them to get away once a year together. We have been able to leave them for almost a week with grandparents.

Quote:
I hate to laugh. I only do because that really sounds like something I would do. I'm glad you got it fixed now. I know nothing about cruises. Is the 8th deck a good one to be on?

Quote:
It's been a long day of baking and cooking, but I did manage a catnap this afternoon so that helped.

Now I officially declare Happy Hour started....

I don't even care what's in it, I just want one.

Quote:
Wookie - I think using the DxDP for signatures is the way to go, and obviously that would be best with just the two of you.

Hope everyone else is having a great start to the weekend!

Melissa
That's what I'm thinking. Besides, the crowds should be low enough, that I shouldn't have my normal issues with QSs. Plus there are a couple I would really like to try, like Restaurantosaurus. For some reason, I can not wait to try the Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #2963
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello and good evening, ladies!

I'll try to nab a pic of my drink in a bit... Was that vodka, Melissa?

So, some of you might be there at the end of October?! We''ll be getting there on the 26th. (Although we'll only be staying until the 30th.)

Dani: Oh, I LOVE that story. You know, with some of my family, I'd have booked them on a different ship -- but on purpose!

Jen: Oooooh, just why were you pricing that out, eh?

I_Heart: I'm in the same boat as you. We spent our 10th at Disney World two years ago... with the kiddo, of course! We just don't have anyone we can leave her with... or would feel comfortable leaving her with. (Our first time without her she was already 4... and that was just to go see a movie. Hahaha, oh my.)

Wookie: High-fives to a fellow-calf warmer.

MM: Sorry your tummy's not feeling so good.

Okay, uploaded my pic -- my nice beer in a not-so-fancy glass (with my favorite silly frog blob!):

Old 02-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #2964
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

High-five

I always tell my DH that instead of having blood running through his veins, he has molten lava.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #2965
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Sorry I ran off to work yesterday! It is nothing earth shattering though....calling today to CRO to book with AP rate!

Also, thinking of our Nov trip, it is going to be at CR I think! Yay! I'll be back later!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #2966
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Sorry I ran off to work yesterday! It is nothing earth shattering though....calling today to CRO to book with AP rate!

Also, thinking of our Nov trip, it is going to be at CR I think! Yay! I'll be back later!
Oh boy!!! I thought you had decided against the AP's....I'm always missing something!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #2967
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone!

Hope yall are all doing well. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. It's a long weekend for us...Winter Break. I've been playing catch-up since Friday on different threads.

We had a great mini-trip to POR and MK....of course it wasn't long enough but I'll take what I can get. Faith thought the Royal Rooms were simply beautiful. I think the boys even liked them

Should be a nice sunny day here, just a bit chilly. Of course "chilly" is subjective right?!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 02-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #2968
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh boy!!! I thought you had decided against the AP's....I'm always missing something!
No, we did decide not to. But the more we thought about it, we realized the DD's are well old enough now to handle some park hopping! And if we were going to add PH, then we might as well save a few dollars and get AP's! And I mentioned to DH that we could possibly sneak in a trip next May or late April before they expire and he was sold!

Are you feeling better?

So, I got off the phone and we are good! And I love that now my full payment is not due until check in...that will help us too!

Hi Heather! Sorry I have fallen behind on your Trip Report!

Jen
Old 02-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #2969
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, we did decide not to. But the more we thought about it, we realized the DD's are well old enough now to handle some park hopping! And if we were going to add PH, then we might as well save a few dollars and get AP's! And I mentioned to DH that we could possibly sneak in a trip next May or late April before they expire and he was sold!

Are you feeling better?

So, I got off the phone and we are good! And I love that now my full payment is not due until check in...that will help us too!

Hi Heather! Sorry I have fallen behind on your Trip Report!

Jen
Good for you!!! The AP's really worked out for us. I do think we will end up getting them again....but not renewing...we can buy new ones at the military rate for cheaper than renewal, and then we don't have to start them in July like we would have to with renewals... if we can strategically plan enough trips, we are doing it!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 02-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #2970
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope you're feeling better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Sometimes, even just a night is all you need.

I'm sorry. Hopefully you can work something out. Even if it is just for one night. The DH and I have gotten spoiled by our families. Both our parents have always lived with in an hour of us. His mom really believes that as long as a couple can afford it, it is important for them to get away once a year together. We have been able to leave them for almost a week with grandparents.

I hate to laugh. I only do because that really sounds like something I would do. I'm glad you got it fixed now. I know nothing about cruises. Is the 8th deck a good one to be on?

I don't even care what's in it, I just want one.

That's what I'm thinking. Besides, the crowds should be low enough, that I shouldn't have my normal issues with QSs. Plus there are a couple I would really like to try, like Restaurantosaurus. For some reason, I can not wait to try the Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog.
Oh, I can enjoy a good laugh at my own expense. The CM on the phone was cracking up right along with me! She said I made her day,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello and good evening, ladies!

I'll try to nab a pic of my drink in a bit... Was that vodka, Melissa?

So, some of you might be there at the end of October?! We''ll be getting there on the 26th. (Although we'll only be staying until the 30th.)

Dani: Oh, I LOVE that story. You know, with some of my family, I'd have booked them on a different ship -- but on purpose!

Jen: Oooooh, just why were you pricing that out, eh?

I_Heart: I'm in the same boat as you. We spent our 10th at Disney World two years ago... with the kiddo, of course! We just don't have anyone we can leave her with... or would feel comfortable leaving her with. (Our first time without her she was already 4... and that was just to go see a movie. Hahaha, oh my.)

MM: Sorry your tummy's not feeling so good.

Okay, uploaded my pic -- my nice beer in a not-so-fancy glass (with my favorite silly frog blob!):

I did mention to the CM that perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Quote:

I am thinking we are going to try an EPCOT resort this time. All that's available at BC is CL and I am really trying to avoid CL this trip. (Did I really just say that?!) I don't really want to stay at YC but if we must, we must. I am not interested in BWI this time around.

Today I am buying myself a very expensive present. I am getting a Vitamix blender! I am so excited. I have been wanting one literally for years. Since about 2007 or so. A newer model came out in the fall and I am pulling the trigger on it today!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: