Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #16
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Yeah, it stinks if your kid doesn't eat much. But every 10 year old boy I know eats as much as an adult man!

I feel like 12 would be a more realistic age - right before they hit the teenage years... but I think on average most 10 year olds eat more than a child portion. Even at 12 you'd have people that disagreed.
Yes, I agree. My DS is 11 now, but has eaten more than me since well before he turned 10.

I've heard this complaint from adults who have restrictive diets. Maybe they had a gastric bypass and can't eat much. Maybe they pay the adult buffet price for a salad. It is what it is.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #17
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

We upgraded our kid at 9 to the adult plan (had to pay more for park tickets, too), but he couldn't have survived on Disney kids meals at 9 - he was eating more than me & eating expensive foods - filets, not nuggets.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #18
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

This is why we didn't eat at any buffets once DD turned 10. The last buffet we had when she was 9 was at CP and I watched her play with a bit of mac & cheese on her plate and eat 2 cookies from the dessert table and actually said to her at the time, until she eats something substantial at a buffet, that would be our last one for a while. It's crazy because when we're at home she eats non stop, but take her into a Disney restaurant and all she wants to do is get out and enjoy the parks. Usually within the hour of leaving a TS restaurant (and leaving most of a plate of food behind on the table!) she is hungry! That's kids for you! Fortunately, because I only have one, my decision for now doesn't impact unfairly on any younger children. I understand that this is a big challenge for those with a 10 year old light eater and other little ones who want to have breakfast with Pooh. I don't really see any way around the problem.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #19
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

I agree that 10 is young, and at ten my kids weren't eating like adults. By 12 they were. Once they turn 10 though, it just puts paying OOP for the DDP into a ridiculous category, which is a shame. It would cost me $275 a day for the DDP OOP for the five of us now and there's no way I'm spending that much without appetizers, alcohol and tips. Crossing my fingers FD comes out this year, but I have a bad feeling those days may be over

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: