Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 03:45 AM   #106
ColinA
DIS Veteran

I can not figure out what Qantas have made it so hard to get an upgrade. We booked early this week and then find out you need to spend another $2,500 to have the chance to get the upgrade. It confirms we will book the internal flights with AA and pay the extra for first class on the flights from Orlando to Honolulu. On the AA flight we then get free luggage and checkin at the resort.

Might find the business class section is empty on the next flight!
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #107
mumoftriplets
Earning My Ears

Hi - first post here ! I have been a lurker for awhile, but thought I would put it down that we are HOPING to get to Disneyland from the 10th Nov - 14th Nov. Our kids ( we have triplets) will be turning 6 on the 12th November, so what better way to spend your 6th Birthday at Disneyland !!! We will be in the USA from 1st Nov - 15th Nov, visiting San Fran where we have family and also country California to see some close friends. So a quick trip, but a quick trip can be a good one - usually
mumoftriplets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 02:59 AM   #108
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumoftriplets
Hi - first post here ! I have been a lurker for awhile, but thought I would put it down that we are HOPING to get to Disneyland from the 10th Nov - 14th Nov. Our kids ( we have triplets) will be turning 6 on the 12th November, so what better way to spend your 6th Birthday at Disneyland !!! We will be in the USA from 1st Nov - 15th Nov, visiting San Fran where we have family and also country California to see some close friends. So a quick trip, but a quick trip can be a good one - usually
Welcome. Wow, triplets! You are so lucky. I always wished for twins as they run in our family but it seems I missed out both times. Enjoy your trip.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 AM   #109
Franrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumoftriplets View Post
I will lock you in... maybe it will help plans come into fruition

Franrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #110
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Booked our AA flight first class from Orlando to Honolulu via Dallas.

Confirmed arriving at the Boardwalk 13th December and leaving 16th January. Thought we would leave a day earlier to avoid the public holiday weekend and the fares were also cheaper. Staying three nights at Aulani on the way home and arrive home on the 20th.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #111
DizOz
DIS Veteran

Just changed our booking today.

We have removed park tickets from our DL and WDW and added Premier Pass tickets instead.

We now have access to all the parks plus discounts on food, drinks and merchandise. Hopefully later in the year they will announce the AP discounts on accommodation which will save us up to another 35%.

DizOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #112
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

International flights and connections booked and paid for, just waiting to do the 3 or so other domestic internal flights which should be finalised tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #113
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Accommodation is booked, just waiting for Southwest to release their November fares and I'm all organised. 5 nights in San Francisco at Hotel Vertigo and 3 in Anaheim at Del Sol Inn. I'm planning on the early morning flight to Santa Ana that gets in just after 9am so I can leave my bags at the hotel and head straight to the parks!
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - both coasts!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #114
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

All of our internal flights are booked and now I've got to save up more money for some more accommodation bookings

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 03-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #115
Franrose
DIS Veteran

Oooh I need to check internal flights again and see if our preferred airlines have opened up.

In the meantime, we changed our accommodation about a week ago for DL from Paradise Pier to the villas at Grand Californian Hotel. Yippee! Looking forward to having toaster & sink etc for making breakfast easy, and checking out the hotel over Christmas :D

Old 04-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #116
Franrose
DIS Veteran

How's our planning going, Christmas travellers? Let me know if you want any updates on the front page

After reading a few trip reports over the weekend, we have made some decisions about the "unallocated" middle week of our trip, I wasn't sure if we should do a whole week at NY or split it up between a couple of cities. Decided to go just with NY - there's so much to do and we might as well get lots of it done, we can do other cities properly on other trips. I added an extra night to WDW and reduced our NY stay to seven nights rather than eight, mainly because the first Saturday night we could do was coming up as insanely expensive - maybe there's something on in NY that weekend. I was able to add an extra night and two extra park hopper days to our WDW stay for $200 less than I could do that Saturday night in NY, lol. And seven nights will be just fine.

Seeing other people's pictures of the Northern Hemisphere cold has got me grabbing my knitting needles too, I plan to have a stash of warm beanies and scarves for everyone by the time we go, lol! It's a great way to get excited about the trip right now :D

Last edited by Franrose; 04-02-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #117
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

We are only doing about 4 nights in NYC as the time and budget doesn't allow for more on this trip. One day we'll be back for longer
Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #118
mckelvey72
Mouseketeer

We are traveling 11/30 - 12/7.....myself, boyfriend, kids 7 and 13, staying at WL and also trying to the Richard Petty Exotic driving experience this time around (boyfriend is anyway).

Donna

mckelvey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #119
viaggiamo
Mouseketeer

Hi

count us in please. We fly into LA on the 5th December and leave the USA on the 5th January.

We are driving up the PCH from LA-SF after a week at DL and then are debating a week in SF or NYC, then 6 nights in either Santa Monica, LA or San Diego.

We were planning to stay home over Christmas but then those Qantas emails and fare prices I just cannot resist jumped into my inbox.

I am looking so forward to seeing the USA at Christmas time, Halloween was amazing, Christmas will be deliciously spectacular I am sure!

V
viaggiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #120
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckelvey72 View Post
We are traveling 11/30 - 12/7.....myself, boyfriend, kids 7 and 13, staying at WL and also trying to the Richard Petty Exotic driving experience this time around (boyfriend is anyway).

Donna
Quote:
Originally Posted by viaggiamo View Post
Hi

count us in please. We fly into LA on the 5th December and leave the USA on the 5th January.

We are driving up the PCH from LA-SF after a week at DL and then are debating a week in SF or NYC, then 6 nights in either Santa Monica, LA or San Diego.

We were planning to stay home over Christmas but then those Qantas emails and fare prices I just cannot resist jumped into my inbox.

I am looking so forward to seeing the USA at Christmas time, Halloween was amazing, Christmas will be deliciously spectacular I am sure!

V
Welcome fellow Christmas'ers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: