Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
micmacmissy
DIS Veteran

Has Shades of Green been updated?

We haven't been to Disney or SoG since 2008. Planning a trip for next Jan. I'm wondering if they have renovated all the rooms there by now? Last time we had to request a renovated room, the old wing was pretty old.

Have their been any other updates to S0G over the last 5-6 years? At $130/nt, it's still a great value, at least...just want to make sure it hasn't gone downhill!

Thanks!
micmacmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Skatermom23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmacmissy View Post
We haven't been to Disney or SoG since 2008. Planning a trip for next Jan. I'm wondering if they have renovated all the rooms there by now? Last time we had to request a renovated room, the old wing was pretty old.

Have their been any other updates to S0G over the last 5-6 years? At $130/nt, it's still a great value, at least...just want to make sure it hasn't gone downhill!

Thanks!
I don't think there have been any renovations done recently. We were last there in 2008 and are planning a trip in April. I originally made reservations for SOG because you cant beat the price. However, we decided to cancel them and stay at the YC for double the cost! This will be our 25th anniversary trip and we are hoping for a more adult feel at the YC.
Skatermom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Short answer, yes, the old wing was renovated in January 2009. How do i know? well...
The last time we stayed at SOG is the last time I will probably EVER stay there, because they were renovating the rooms directly underneath us. It was by far the worst vacation ever!! Other than the kids catching the january disney stomach bug, the jackhammering started shaking the walls at 7 am and didn't stop until 4. And when we complained we were told there were no other rooms to move us to for the duration of the our visit. So my poor mother opted to stay in the room with the sick ones and had to just deal with it.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #4
gilesmt
DIS Veteran

We were in the old wing in 2010 and they looked great to us, although so many people still write bad reports saying it is out dated. Our rug was clean, our bedspreads looked new. The sofa bed was very comfortable even for an adult with a good mattress. They had flat screen TV's.

We go there as an alternative that cost us half the price or less. We go because we kind of like a little less Disney and a lot less cheerleaders or bands in the moderate hotels. We do not go expecting it to be all Disney. We even think the food is just as good and a lot cheaper than disneys although I guess many disagree, but I don't know how you can say it is worse than disneys, especially if you had a princess meal that was cold, dried out and small and spent $30, or you go to garden grill, it may be cold and it may be dried out but it only cost $10 with no tax and you get to choose how much tip you leave. Actually we find the food just as good as resturaunts like Ihop or Applebee's. just to let you know what our expectations are, so you can judge if this review will help.

So answer is, I think they have been renovated and I find them great for the price. Personally I hate there color scemes, green and sandy pink just look bad even if everything is clean and sparkling it would not look new and up to date because of the colors they choose.
gilesmt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: