Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Anyone have experience with Lupus?

What was the diagnosis process like? I understand it can take quite a while and a LOT of testing to get a confirmed diagnosis. Is this your experience? What tests did you (or your loved one) go through?

My MIL tells us that she may have Lupus. I've done some preliminary research on it, but figured I would ask here anyway. She had some bloodtest done last week and essentially told us that the test came back saying she may have Lupus. She's supposed to go see a dermatologist in a few weeks...she's got a rash on her face and arms.

Any input would be helpful.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

My daughter is currently being tested. Her ANA came back positive homogeneous. We had her tested more than once with a month in between tests.

On Tuesday, she will see a rheumatologist. She has had numerous reactive disorders for years. Doctors have always looked at each thing individually. They are finally going to look at everything together. For instance, she has IBS, endometriosis, arthritis, headache flairs, and rashes. Those are the more pronounced symptoms. While I'm not happy with the idea of her having lupus, it will be nice to be able to put a name to things.

We've been told that there will be many additional tests in her future. I'm fine with that if it results in some relief for her.
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
LoriMomx5
Grumpy's Girl

I was diagnosed with lupus 14 years ago. It does often take a while to get diagnosed. There are 11 diagnostic criteria and most rheumatologist will make a diagnosis if someone has at least 4 of of the criteria. I have very high ANA titer with multiple other issues. Lupus is different for everyone who has it and the degree of severity is different. Hope your MIL finds out something soon and feels better.
LoriMomx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
Debbie7452
DIS Veteran

I have discoid Lupus which means I have the skin rashes and positive ANA, but not any systemic involvement(yet). I have thyroiditis, sun sensitivity, and a few other things. I have blood tests once and a while to check for more evidence that things are worsening. Right now, all I have to worry about is wearing good sunscreen, so I'm lucky!
Debbie7452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
LaurLaur04
Mouseketeer

I'm in the same boat! Went to a dermatologist because of a lump on my ear that was caused by a piercing. They did a biopsy showing inflammation so she did the ANA. Came back positive. My aunt has lupus and my mom plus all of her sisters have a type of autoimmune disorder. Going to see a rheumatologist soon. I have IBS as well.

My divorce is NOT the end...it is the BEGINNING!

My September 2010 TR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38382769
LaurLaur04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: