Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #2611
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

I went out early Friday morning because it wasn't raining too hard. I had my usual breakfast at IHOP and stopped at Walmart, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Target and Kohls. It was really raining hard by that time so I was glad to get home.

I got to Chucks about 5:15 and Karen brought the kids home a few minutes later. The kids were so happy to see me and that just makes my day.

Jesse had to print out 31 Valentines for his class and one for his teacher. Karen asked if I would help him with that and said she would be happy if he just did 5. Well, Jesse was doing well, so I didn't stop him. I would spell out the names and he would print them. Some of the shorter names he could do all by himself. Half way through I asked him if he wanted to stop and do the rest after dinner. he said, "I don't want to quite". and that was that. He did all the Valentines. I was quite proud of him. Of course Zoey had to sit in my lap the whole time. She doesn't want to be left out of ANYTHING!

Chuck and Karen left for dinner and shopping. After the kids finished their dinner we went down the basement to play for a while. It was getting close to their bedtime so I told them they could each watch one cartoon. I told Jesse that if he watched a cartoon, he would have to go right to sleep. No playing with his Leap pad or reading and he agreed. (Insert Twilight Zone music here)

We had, a lot of "But Grandmom's" and some crying which I would not allow. After getting them into their jammies and making sure they brushed their teeth it was into bed. I tucked in Zoey first. It was one more kiss and one more hug goodnight. After three I said GOODNIGHT! She went right down.

After a bit more arguing I tucked in Jesse and told him he had to go to sleep.

About a half hour later, he came down and asked if he could sit with me. I think he was mixed up thinking it was nap time instead of night time. I told him it was night time and way past his bedtime. I tucked him in again.

A few minutes later I hear noises upstairs. Yep, he had his light on and was reading. sighhhhhhhhhhhhh Closed the book and tucked him in for the third time.

I had some peace and quiet for about an hour and then Chuck and Karen came home. Don't you know that Jesse was STILL up? He's not usually like that. So lesson learned Grandmom. No cartoons at bedtime. Straight to bed so he can do his Leap pad and then go to sleep.

We talked for a few minutes after Karen put Jesse to bed again. Then I left.

It had started that sleet/snow mix and was just covering the windshield. I brushed that off and drove home. Thankfully the roads were fine. It was still 35 degrees. But I was still very glad to pull in my driveway.

This morning I was happy to see that we only got an inch of snow on top of some ice. I brushed the snow off my back porch and off the car. Later I got out the scraper and did my windshield and back window. I needn't have bothered. The sun melted most of the ice and snow this afternoon.

I had a great two days withe the kids and today I just vegged most of the day. Tomorrow I will do some grocery shopping and get some Valentine cookies for Jesse's class. I will be helping with their party. I may even get to sample those cookies.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #2612
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Well, my California kids living way out on Long Island (near Southampton) now know what a blizzard is like. We'll be skyping with them on Sunday morning, so we'll be able to see it. My biggest concern is that my daughter-in-law starts a new job on Monday and I hear they're getting rain which means ice! My son works from home and travels some. Since he just got home on Thursday evening, he probably doesn't travel again too soon.

Snapppyd, your picture of NY was amazing. You have that view from your home? Hope the snow gets cleared quickly for you.

Angelrose, I love hearing about your adventures with your grands.

We're having fresh dungeness crab for dinner! (I love living near San Francisco!)

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #2613
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

minniecarousel, I hope the roads aren't too bad for your DIL on Monday. Hopefully some of it will melt tomorrow. I hear they got over a foot of snow.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #2614
Angelrose

I don't know what is the matter with me. I can't stop EATING. Sunday I picked up some Valentine cookies for Jesse's daycare party. I also bought a box for myself. WHY??? There were 10 cookies in the box. They were more like little cakes with nice thick icing. On Sunday afternoon & evening, I ate 8 of the 10. That wasn't bad enough, but I ate regular food all day too.

Monday Jesse was sick to his stomach and I had to babysit. Thankfully he was feeling much better. He ate crackers and drank Gatorade all day. We watched cartoons and played basket ball, colored and played hide and seek. Back to cartoons. He was getting rather antsy around 4, but he was good.

When Chuck came home, I gave Zoey a hug and a kiss goodby. He was fine all night.

When he woke up this morning, he told his dad that his stomach hurt. UHOH! He was still OK to go to daycare. The teacher said he didn't do anything except lay around all day. When he got home he was sick at both ends. Poor kid. So I will be babysitting again tomorrow.

I had to tell Chuck that it wasn't a problem or an imposition to babysit. I love to take care of my grandbabies anytime. I just wish that he wasn't sick.

Today I didn't do much of anything. Most of my muscles ache, but at least I have stopped binge eating. I think I might be fighting something. At least I can rest with Jesse tomorrow. Thank goodness for my Kindle. I think I would go crazy watching cartoons all day without it.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #2615
Angelrose

Oh yes, I forgot. My bottom oven died. The top one died years ago. Now I have to try and find a double oven that fits in the space.

My ovens are from the early 70's. I guess they don't owe me anything. I've looked at a few online. EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK They are expensive. And none of them are magnet friendly. They are either glass or stainless which I hate with a passion. So I guess I will have to go with the glass and put my magnets on my extra freezer. DRAT!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #2616
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan

ugh....Mary, I hope you don't get whatever Jesse has.

Our weather is beautiful this week. Rather cold in the AM, but warms up to mid-60's in the afternoon. My son in NY said the snow plow plowed right up to their dumpster and he was able to dig out their cars. Haven't heard how the new job went, but I know she didn't go in on Monday because there was no power at the office building.

ovens: we had to replace double ovens in our last house and found a floor model that was a few inches shorter and the contractor was able to build up the bottom with oak, like the cabinets. And yes, I think you got your moneys-worth out of those!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #2617
Angelrose

Jesse was fine today. Chuck just wanted to make sure that he didn't get sick at school. We played and watched cartoons all day. I dozed off for an hour this morning while he was watching cartoons. I did the same this afternoon. I just couldn't stay awake. All my muscles ache but other than that I have no symptoms.

As I was leaving at 5:30 it was starting to sleet a little. I was glad to get home. We're supposed to get snow between 12 and 2am. So not a problem.

Tomorrow I get to help out at daycare for their Valentine party for Jesse's class. I can't wait. It's usually only an hour and then I can come home and relax until my WW meeting. That will not be fun I'm sure. Oh well, I will try again next week.

My friends you must get so tired of hearing me complain about my weight struggles. I know I get tired of hearing me. I will try and do better.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #2618
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #2619
Angelrose

HAPPY VALENTINE'S Day to all my friends.

Well, my meeting wasn't as bad as I thought. I stayed exactly the same. I'm proud of myself for getting back on track as best I could.

Today at daycare was fun. Zoey saw me first and ran over to give me a big hug. Then she wouldn't leave my side when I went over to Jesse class. He didn't see me at first and then he ran over and gave me a big hug too. It was so cute.

I handed out goodies to put in their bags for them to take home. Oh my goodness there was so much candy. Then Miss Donna, asked me to read three stories to them.

I had their attention (mostly) for the first book. It was a short one. I had three little girls that stayed right by me and did pay attention. The next book I had their attention for about 3 minutes. I gave up on that book. The last book I had their attention not at all. They wanted those cupcakes and cookies. So I handed out the cookies I brought and other mothers handed out other goodies. There were pretzels, Doritos, cheese curls, potato chips and more of the cookies I brought. Another man brought fresh strawberries and someone brought fruit cup. A lot of the children loved the strawberries and a bit of the fruit. Not Jesse of course. But he ate four cookies, a cupcake, cheese curls and potato chips. I hope his stomach holds out.

After that I headed over to Zoey's room. Jesse wanted me to stay the whole day which made me feel great.

Zoey 's class was still eating so they were quiet when I read the three books to them. They were all short books and I think they enjoyed them. One little boy just laughed at everything I said. I have no idea why. But he enjoyed them.

Zoey didn't want me to leave either. I must be doing something right!

Now I will read to Jesse's class again on Dr. Seuss birthday on March 1. I'm all set for that. I have the hat and a t shirt that I got at Party City on Sunday and pj bottoms from last year.

Thought you would like to see the Valentine pictures of Jesse and Zoey.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #2620
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan

Oh my! They are so cute! How nice for you to be able to help out in the classroom. Jesse really looks like his Dad.

I hope you get to rest tomorrow.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #2621
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

They are growing up too fast! Beautiful pics!!

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #2622
Angelrose

Thank you minniecarousel. I really love to read to the kids. Most of the time, they will listen to me read, but the call of cupcakes was to strong. Yes he is the spitting image of Chuck.

Thank you snappyd. It seems like just yesterday I was holding Jesse for the first time. I still have the picture of when he fell asleep in my arms. And how we were concerned when Zoey was born because her heart rhythm wasn't normal. Thank goodness she is fine.

I get to see them again on Monday for a couple of hours while Karen goes to the gym. That makes me happy.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #2623
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Belated Happy Valentine's everyone ! Hope you enjoyed the day, ours was very enjoyable!

AR, always love Jesse n Zoey's photo updates. My, they are both as cute as can be and know they bring you much love and joy.

Wonderful you got to both their classes to read and have Valentine's Party - know they enjoyed Gma's visit. Sorry to hear Jesse was sick, so glad he is feeling better. Two of our DGS's have been under the weather too, but thankfully better now. So much going around the schools it's hard to keep them well.

Busy week here, last Sat. DD's took me shopping and Valentine's lunch, Monday was fun upper & lower scopes , Tues and Thur were Jazz your Joints aqua therapy, Tues was also DGS Scout pancake dinner, Thurs spent day celebrating Valentine's day w/dear Mom and exchanging Valentine goodies w/grands, Valentine's day brought yummy luncheon outing and dinner was 'order in' Italian . I was lucky to get spoiled w/flowers, candy, cookies, and jewelry.

BTW....our DGS, a high school senior/PT college, has been accepted to 3 colleges thus far...was rewarded some healthy scholarships. He's very bright, and also talented soccer player. Now comes decision time, says he may just stay local community college where he takes some classes.

snapppyd, love your NYC photos ~ sure hope you're feeling better.
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....Priceless!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #2624
Angelrose

Thank you 4nana. You certainly had a very busy week. So glad you had such a wonderful Valentine's day. Congrats to your DGS! That is quite an accomplishment.

Chuck came over on Friday to look at wall ovens online at Best Buy. There was exactly ONE that fit the dimensions on my old oven space. It has a convection oven on the top and a smaller oven on the bottom in white glass.

Today after I came back from grocery shopping, Chuck called to tell me that is now on sale and I should hop on over to Best Buy and order now. So I printed it out and the sale price and I did order it. The girl there was very nice, but she had to call someone over to help with ordering. He is helping her and then he asks me if I want it delivered. No, no, I'll just pick it up here and carry it home in my purse. sighhhhhhhh Then he asked if I wanted it installed. The thing weighs 250 pounds and has about 5,000 wires. Let me think. Yes, I think that would be a good idea. Of course I didn't say any of those things, but my mind sure was loud. The girl was laughing at the questions and even he had to laugh at himself. So with the sale price, then adding it delivery charge, installation charge and sale tax, I was right back at $2,500 +. I really don't need that expense. But I do need ovens.

Then I asked when they could delivery it. I was figuring a week, two at the most. Nope. March 12th! I'll be without an oven for almost a month.

Now everyone cross their fingers that the darn thing fits. It will be a tight fit. Did you know that all ovens are different dimensions? Yep, even if it says 27 inches. The actual dimensions are all different. A quarter of an inch here or half an inch there. Just HOPE. I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't. They won't do any alterations to make it fit. So please think good thoughts. Ron would be able to make any alterations to make it fit.

I really missed him on Valentine's day. He would always give me the mushiest cards. I read through all of them and it made me feel better.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #2625
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

AR...Happy Sunday ~ haven't seen you around this week, hope all is well, and checking in on you for any fun updates !

Yesterday was a cold, rainy, dreary day, so it was a good day for cleaning. I made a yummy pot of potato w/bacon soup we enjoyed. We haven't had 'real' honest to good bacon in a long time, so it was tasty. It's sure nice to look out the window and see the sun today!!!

I am having some issues w/my oven too, and need to get it checked. I thought about your situation, know you miss having one, and hope all is well when they install.

Good news, my endo/colonoscopy and biopsies were all normal ! I am so thankful, as lost my dear Dad to esoph cancer, my SisIL to colon cancer, and my dear Mom suffers w/Celiac.. Altho the prep is not fun, I try to stay proactive @5yrs., as I truly believe if we all did, we'd really help cut the chances of possible devastating consequences . Now... moving on to my physical and female ck ups we all hate...lol. Celebrated my 66th in Dec., so not getting any younger and need to keep everything in check best an ole' lady can.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....Priceless!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: