Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #61
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Here is a theme song for you ladies from my favorite comedian Tim Hawkins

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sC-8B...%3DsC-8BjWPGWM
Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #62
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking View Post
Here is a theme song for you ladies from my favorite comedian Tim Hawkins

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sC-8B...%3DsC-8BjWPGWM
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #63
minnie1012
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
I too love yoga pants, but I just wear them around the house. I think they look great on me, but I struggle with what to wear for shoes with them so I don't wear them in public. I'm definitely not a sneaker type of gal.

Maybe that's why people think they look a little sloppy or messy? Because you can't wear a nicer shoe with them?
I agree I sometimes struggle with shoes. I have these black Merrell slip ons (with fur inside) that I wear with them but in the spring and fall I struggle to find a shoe that looks ok to wear out in public with them.

I also sometimes struggle to find what type of top to wear with them (outside of the house). Sometimes mine aren't long enough or they just don't look right.
minnie1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #64
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie1012

I agree I sometimes struggle with shoes. I have these black Merrell slip ons (with fur inside) that I wear with them but in the spring and fall I struggle to find a shoe that looks ok to wear out in public with them.

I also sometimes struggle to find what type of top to wear with them (outside of the house). Sometimes mine aren't long enough or they just don't look right.
I wear flip flops with mine when I'm not wearing my Uggs... Some people might think that's sloppy though.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro, #20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #26- Relic Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #65
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

I love yoga pants too. I'm avg ht & wt according to the charts, but I'd like to be on the lower end. I wear longer fitted t-shirts with them (to cover my butt) cause that's my thing and tennis shoes. I run errands dressed like this and feel fine about it. The outfit is clean and fits nice. I'm not going to go home and change if I'm near the places I need to go after working out! I'm low maintenance and practical. Workout wear has come a long way. Most people I see in workout wear look fine.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #66
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Yoga pants are the greatest things ever for new moms. You can wear them like pajamas, but they can still go to Target or storytime at the library. They are a godsend for that awful time when your maternity clothes are too big, but your regular clothes too small (which is where I am at currently )

As for shoes to wear with yoga pants, its always flip flops in the summer time, and in the winter I wear these which pretty much are closed toe flip flops.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #67
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAnnie View Post
I love yoga pants too. I'm avg ht & wt according to the charts, but I'd like to be on the lower end. I wear longer fitted t-shirts with them (to cover my butt) cause that's my thing and tennis shoes. I run errands dressed like this and feel fine about it. The outfit is clean and fits nice. I'm not going to go home and change if I'm near the places I need to go after working out! I'm low maintenance and practical. Workout wear has come a long way. Most people I see in workout wear look fine.
...you are my long-lost TWIN!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #68
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Yoga pants are the greatest things ever for new moms. You can wear them like pajamas, but they can still go to Target or storytime at the library. They are a godsend for that awful time when your maternity clothes are too big, but your regular clothes too small (which is where I am at currently )

As for shoes to wear with yoga pants, its always flip flops in the summer time, and in the winter I wear these which pretty much are closed toe flip flops.
....cu-u-u-u-ute! And CONGRATS!
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #69
OceanAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...you are my long-lost TWIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....cu-u-u-u-ute! And CONGRATS!
Ditto. Love the shoes!

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #70
minnie1012
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAnnie View Post
Where do you find the longer fitted tee shirts?
minnie1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #71
disneyfans95
DIS Veteran

Yoga pants look good on about 10% of women.

The rest should NEVER wear them.. They show off all your flaws and lets be honest, we all got them..

Why in the world would women think wearing something skin tight is a good idea??

Long shirt? Nope, still see all the muffin or bubble butt..

Short shirt, lol no way...

Basically if you need yoga pants bigger then size 2, stop, turn around and get something else..
disneyfans95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #72
OceanAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie1012 View Post
Where do you find the longer fitted tee shirts?
I've gotten some from the Gap, some from Penny's, and a few from Wal-Mart. Often times I have to go up a size for the length (I'm 5'4") depends on the shirt. I find many of the fitted Ts are realllyyy fitted. I don't go for that. I'm not into skin tight. So going up a size works for me. Fitted enough and long enough makes me happy.

HTH.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #73
OceanAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfans95 View Post

The rest should NEVER wear them.. They show off all your flaws and lets be honest, we all got them..

Why in the world would women think wearing something skin tight is a good idea??

Basically if you need yoga pants bigger then size 2, stop, turn around and get something else..
I wear the longer shirt because I like it. I'm not hiding anything. If I were stick thin, I'd still have a longer shirt. I don't like my butt showing in stretchy pants. Not because I don't have a nice butt, but because I'm not an "in your face" kind of gal.

ETA- I'm not saying anyone that does wear yoga pants with their shirts not over their butt IS "in your face", it's just how *I* would feel. That's just me.

Last edited by OceanAnnie; 02-17-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #74
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfans95

Um we'll I'm a size six and my bubble butt looks just fine in yoga pants thank you very much.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro, #20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #26- Relic Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #75
OceanAnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier's*Sweeties View Post
Um we'll I'm a size six and my bubble butt looks just fine in yoga pants thank you very much.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: