Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #901
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I sure hope that the hospital food there is better than it is here in Louisiana. Maybe he's trying different foods because nothing tastes good.

It sounds like the best bet would be to have the IV meds while at home. At least that way, he may stay still.

Hum, maybe you need to gather up a bunch of farm books before you go visit him. Do they have farm books that can be downloaded on the Kindle?
The food is actually pretty good there. he has a menu and can just call whenever he wants. We ended up going to visit him today and he ordered 2 bags of chips and 2 bags of pretzels while we were there.
Of course Claire grabbed on bag immediately.
They have a really good cheesecake and if I was staying there I would be ordering it about once an hour. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Farm books? So NOW who's boring?
I know. Talk about snoozer there. When I visited today I really worked at talking and I kept telling him he needed to chat back because I was updating him like he wanted.

I think I might work on a update tonight. I have been working on work off and on all day and I am just so ready for a break from it.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #902
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Sept. 28,2012 Day 8

Navigators of the day.

I believe I actually tried to sleep in a bit today. Which might mean I slept till 7. I think by 7:30 this was the view from our balcony.

That Carnival ship was still out there in the distance.

We still had a full sea day left, but it was kind of sad that we were heading home.

Lisa and I got some breakfast.

Rumor is that when the Magic goes in dry dock they are going to take this aft seating out or at least make it smaller. That saddens me. This was our favorite spot to eat every day. It was just beautiful and peaceful.

After we ate we headed to the adult pool area and just sat around and watched the guys work.

We decided to head to the guest service desk and check our accounts. We both paid ours off with cash. I wasnt sure if I would add anything more to my account, but it was nice not to have it all go on my credit card.

Then of course we headed to the shops.

Lisa was looking for something here, but I dont remember what or if she found it.

We browsed around and I had been looking at a sweatshirt. It was on sale. Not screaming Disney, but did say Disney cruise line on it. I decided to get one for myself. I dont have pictures of it. At least not that I remember taking any. Its blue and pretty basic with an Anchor on it, but I liked it and the price was good. I also found one in Claire's size, also on clearance and grabbed it. Then I thought .....hmm , my niece Abby just had her b-day and her family party was going to be the day after I got home (Sunday). I hadnt gotten anything yet for her besides a small purse in Cozumel, so I got one for her as well.
And I also had been looking at the frame. I bought a few prints last year on the Dream and some were on odd size and I have yet to find a frame to fit them. So I took the plunge and bought one that would fit the picture. I immediately framed it when I got home.

I also debated on getting Abby a Disney gift card. They had the cutest one with a DCL theme on it. But I only wanted it for $10. Just a filler gift. The minimum had to be $25, so I passed on it.
I got some candy and a few other small things for Claire and her cousins and added right back to the account I had just paid off.

We then headed back to the room and put away our purchases and went to the pool.

I sat under my favorite spot, the waterfall for a bit.

The other gals were out there again too. The water was a bit cooler today, but still nice and not as high either. We bobbed around in the pool again for an hour or 2 and chatted away. This is the life. I am not a swimmer, but I dont mind bobbing around and talking on a hot day.

After a while we got hungry so we headed off to Topsiders.

It was a seafood buffet today and also a BBQ on the back deck.

We headed back to our favorite spot and found a table.

MMMMMM! Crab legs!

We enjoyed our meal and as you know, when eating crab legs, it takes a bit to crack them, but it is so worth it. These werent the best I ever had, but they were still good.

We never got anything off the BBQ grill, but I did take a couple of pictures.

We then headed back to our room.

Last edited by jenseib; 02-15-2013 at 10:29 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #903
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I got changed. I wanted to go to a towel animal class. No one else had seemed interested, which was OK by me. I think Lisa went back to the pool.

I found a seat quickly. I seemed to have a good view from what I could tell. We were given some towels and a sheet with some directions.

While I was waiting for it to start, a Mom came in with her 2 sons. They sat down in the row in front of me, but luckily they were not blocking my view. But I found them kind of annoying. Mostly because the Mom was a loud bragger talker. You know the kind, they talk really loud so you canít help but hear every word they say and then itís about things they are sort of bragging about and then you see them kind of look around to see if others heard and wanting a reaction. I really canít stand those kinds of people. I can take them in small doses, but she just kept going on and on and on about things. Things that had nothing to do with the class.
So she bragged away and I played around with my camera and then all of a sudden the Dad of the family surprised them and walked in. Well she got even louder then. She was so excited that Dad chose to come to the class, and blah blah blah, but we ALL heard about it. And of course he sat right in front of me and his head was totally blocking my view, so I ended up moving my chair so I could see better.

Soon our host arrived and he brought up another helper who just kept making towels for show.

He told the kids to go out on the floor where you would have more room and loud talking Mom went out as well, but she still never shut up.

We were instructed on a few towels. I thought it was fun.

My elephant.

My dog.

Working on a monkey.

I had the most trouble with the monkey, but I am sure with practice I could master him.

After we were done, I went and took some pictures of some of the sample animals.

After the class I just went around and took more pictures on the ship.

I was trying to get Mickey from every angle.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #904
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

A few more pictures around the Atrium.

The port excursion desk was empty now that we were heading back to Galveston.

And walking down the hallway.

I decided I needed more pictures of the Promenade Lounge.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #905
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The Lounge had a ton of these mirrors all over and I tried to get pictures of most of them.

There is also an internet cafť located here.

I made my way out and took more pictures along the way.

I headed out towards the pool. I think I found Lisa on the top deck catching some rays.

And look who else I found.

I went down and sat along the edge and chatted with them.

I took a couple of pictures while sitting there too.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #906
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love your pictures as usual. You did a lot better on your towel animals than I did during my only attempt in 2008.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #907
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love your pictures as usual. You did a lot better on your towel animals than I did during my only attempt in 2008.

Corinna
Thanks. I thought it was a fun thing to do.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #908
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

OK, I just showed Katie your towel animal class photos. She's totally on board with a Disney cruise now! Too bad my husband isn't!

I knew she'd love that though. The server at Be Our Guest showed the girls how to fold the napkins into roses and every meal of ours from there on out was a rose folding competition!

How can it even be possible that you're on your way back already!

Did you get Skip to sign off on your next cruise before agreeing to take him home from the hospital?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #909
vleeth
I heart Disney

Wow, missed so much in so little time.

So sorry to hear about Skip. Dave had a detached retina last spring and I remember all too well the stress of it all and having to take care of him. Try to remember to take care of yourself too!

I keep seeing things in your trip report I missed on my cruise. We never made in the adult pool and I totally missed the waterfall. We ate outside several times and didn't ever see them grilling. But awesome tr as usual.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #910
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

The towel class looks like fun. I also like to fold napkins which I do if I'm trying to be fancy at holiday dinners.

On our cruises I would come back to the cabin to find my nightgowns on the bed in animal shapes. It was fun waiting to see what kind of creature was next. Now it seems creepy! LOL

I like how you can go off on your own, not have to be together all the time. I like to be off alone at times.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #911
Beth D
DIS Veteran

THey have since blocked pictures on this site when i'm on at work, so no more lunch hour TR reading!

I hope the patient is doing better! Thoughts for a speedy recovery!

DH and I did Palo dinner on our cruise and loved it, especially that balslamic vinegar on the antipasto cart! However my dad is Italian, so much more was familiar to me! The only thing wrong with my chocolate souffle - I was too full to eat it all, and a little queasy from first night and motion!

Maybe next time we'll try brunch with my parents...

Again - love all your pics!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #912
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
OK, I just showed Katie your towel animal class photos. She's totally on board with a Disney cruise now! Too bad my husband isn't!

I knew she'd love that though. The server at Be Our Guest showed the girls how to fold the napkins into roses and every meal of ours from there on out was a rose folding competition!

How can it even be possible that you're on your way back already!

Did you get Skip to sign off on your next cruise before agreeing to take him home from the hospital?
You could always got to WDW for like 3 days with Drew and then when he goes home head over to the port and cruise for a 3 or 4 nighter.
I did mention to Skip yesterday that since he missed out on my b-day that I was working on my gift and had a good idea in mind. He didn't even ask what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Wow, missed so much in so little time.

So sorry to hear about Skip. Dave had a detached retina last spring and I remember all too well the stress of it all and having to take care of him. Try to remember to take care of yourself too!

I keep seeing things in your trip report I missed on my cruise. We never made in the adult pool and I totally missed the waterfall. We ate outside several times and didn't ever see them grilling. But awesome tr as usual.
Men are not very good patients at all. I may go insane before this is all over with.
You can read about the same trip by 3 different people and get totally different aspects of it. I bet if Brook wrote about her experience you would learn a few other things I didn't mention. Plus she did different things at different times too.
They only grilled that last sea day that I know of. I know years ago when I sailed on NCL they almost had a grill out daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The towel class looks like fun. I also like to fold napkins which I do if I'm trying to be fancy at holiday dinners.

On our cruises I would come back to the cabin to find my nightgowns on the bed in animal shapes. It was fun waiting to see what kind of creature was next. Now it seems creepy! LOL

I like how you can go off on your own, not have to be together all the time. I like to be off alone at times.
The class was fun. I agree though I am not really sure I want them using my personal clothing as part of the art, but I heave heard it is done as well.
I do love going off on my own. And Lisa was good with doing her thing too. Thats one reason we travel well together. I have another friend that I think would've followed me everywhere, even if it wasn't something she wanted to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
THey have since blocked pictures on this site when i'm on at work, so no more lunch hour TR reading!

I hope the patient is doing better! Thoughts for a speedy recovery!

DH and I did Palo dinner on our cruise and loved it, especially that balslamic vinegar on the antipasto cart! However my dad is Italian, so much more was familiar to me! The only thing wrong with my chocolate souffle - I was too full to eat it all, and a little queasy from first night and motion!

Maybe next time we'll try brunch with my parents...

Again - love all your pics!
The patient is still sleeping this morning. So I have a little quiet time.

I don't think the antipasto cart is my thing. I know lots of people do love it though. I really enjoyed brunch on the Dream though. That was darn good!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #913
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Again there you are with pictures with NO people in them on the cruiseÖ yet that PERFECT shot on facebook from EPCOT you get some random kids??? Clearly, you are just meant to take pictures for the DCL!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #914
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Again there you are with pictures with NO people in them on the cruiseÖ yet that PERFECT shot on facebook from EPCOT you get some random kids??? Clearly, you are just meant to take pictures for the DCL!
LOL.
that picture at Epcot is just too cute. I wish I knew who the kids belonged to and I would send them a copy
Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #915
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After chatting with the girls by the pool, I made my way back towards the room. We were going to meet a little later and go on the Art of the Theme Show Ship tour.
As I was walking I took a few pictures once again.

This totally cracked me up. This little girl was getting her hair braided and was sound asleep.

Toy Story was playing on the big screen.

I headed back to the room and freshened up. I believe Lisa came back for a bit too. She wasnít in the mood for a tour, so she was just going to go off and do her own thing.

The tour was to meet outside of Palo. I was one of the first to arrive.

And while you wait, you take pictures Ö.right?

Brook and the others arrived. Brook took this picture. I have the stupidest look on my face. LOL

This was our guide. I believe his name is Andy.

One of the last to come in for the tour was Jazzy! Remember her, the lady who can dance. We are such dorks, but we acted like we had a celebrity joining us.

Andy started up. He was really good. He was fun and informative. We learned about the book Palo has. Everyone who dines there is supposed to sign it. Something we did not know, and I had planned to go back later and sign it but I never did.

He also told us about the glass in Palo, and for the life of my I donít remember its importance anymore.

We also learned about the guy that watched the ship being built and made this mask as a gift.

We moved on making stops here and there and learning different things like the carpets and how some have different meanings and the different signs on the ship. Many of it you notice, but not really, more subliminal.

Andy made a joke about the wave phones. He said he had been with Disney since Feb (it was now Sept) and he still couldnít figure out how to use the dang things. Which was pretty funny as they are horrid. I canít figure them out to save my life.

While standing here Lisa comes walking down the hall. We tried to get her to join us, but she left shortly after. It was kind of funny as Andy had said something about Fluffy. I canít even remember what, but I looked up and saw Lisa, and Fluffy is her nickname. Back in our bar days she always had a ton of fluffy hair and people just started calling her that.

We made a stop near the nursery. I didnít know this, but originally the ship was not built with one. This was an extra kitchen area. After a few months of sailing they realized this was a must for Disney and they gutted it and converted it. The Wonder was built the same way and on her transatlantic crossing she was gutted and redone into a nursery as well.
Also I did not know the glass was on one way mirror so parents can come and look in, but the kids donít see them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: