Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Another ADR question!

Hello
I can make our ADRs on Thursday, I know I can go online at 11am and we're only at Disney for 9 nights so I should be able to book them all at once, but I just wondered if I need to go on before hand to create an account or something? I
have a 3 letter 5 digit code that I was given over the phone when I altered my dates so I presume this is the code I should try. Thanks, Claire
Claire Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Oh and I would appreciate any feedback as to whether you think the ADRs we are choosing are ok (We are staying at Yacht club):
Ohana
Yachtsman
Rainforest DTD
Yak & Yeti
Planet Hollywood
Sci-fi
Tepan Edo or Cape May Cafe for character breakfast
Beaches N Cream (I know we can't make this res online)

Thanks everyone
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
chmurf
DIS Veteran

you'll probably need to set up an account on the US website.

You'll need to enter your confirmation number in order to be able to book for your first 10 days (for your 9 days actually)

so I think you'll need to set up an account

and even if you're able to do that without an account (which I doubt), having such account doesn't hurt, and will make it easier to keep track of your ADRs, all in one place, and make it easier for any cancellation or alteration of your ADRs should you change your mind for some of them

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

You do need to sign up on the Disney website as far as I know. Or at least a login was required when I first did ADRs online - but that was a few years ago and much has changed. I don't think it will hurt to have the account in place however.

[Engaged to the man of my dreams at WDW, Summer 2014
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one
Cheer up. You've been tagged by the tag fairie

I would also get the 12 digit number. Several of us who are trying to do ADRs at the moment have not been able to do them online. I know at least one person was able to do online ADRs with the 3 letter 3 digit code, but just in case I would get the 12 digit one as back up. If you booked with WDW UK, you can phone them 08001690730 and request it.

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

I did mine with the letters/numbers code. Did the last one of 15 yesterday. They are all also showing up in the 'My Disney Experience' app without me having done anything, which is confusing because that app does not/will not recognise my hotel booking and will not accept this same code. I'm going to have to call for my 12 digit number and try with that.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one
Cheer up. You've been tagged by the tag fairie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I did mine with the letters/numbers code. Did the last one of 15 yesterday. They are all also showing up in the 'My Disney Experience' app without me having done anything, which is confusing because that app does not/will not recognise my hotel booking and will not accept this same code. I'm going to have to call for my 12 digit number and try with that.
Mine also show up in ''My Disney Experience'' and I've also not set anything up plus I've not been able to do any of my ADRs on-line. Hopefully you'll have more luck than me and it will recognize your 12 digit code. Good luck!

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Nothing like making it easy for us! Why do WDW make it so difficult! Thank you for your help everyone x
Old 02-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

i just went in as a guest without an account and made the reservations.

as for your ADRs, here's my mini-review for what it's worth ..

Ohana - never been
Yachtsman - never been
Rainforest DTD - not a fan
Yak & Yeti - love it - one of our favorite restaurants in WDW...loved the salmon and the dessert (but i can't remember what dessert i had)..
Planet Hollywood - never been
Sci-fi - good burgers and great milkshakes
Tepan Edo or Cape May Cafe for character breakfast - i like both teppan edo and the character breakfast at cape may....sort of comparing apples and elephants....i like them both and can't say which is better...they're very different...
Beaches N Cream - never been (always meant to go, but never made it there - even though we've stayed at the yacht club and beach club numerous times )
Old 02-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #10
RDP
DIS Veteran

Ohana - Good
Yachtsman - Excellent
Rainforest DTD - Good
Yak & Yeti - Good
Planet Hollywood - Never been
Sci-fi - Good
Tepan Edo or Cape May Cafe for character breakfast- Cape May, good, never been to Tepan Edo, but gets good reviews
Beaches N Cream - Excellent

Good Choices! you’ll have a great time!
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Ohana love breakfast really didn't enjoy dinner
Yachtsman really enjoy this especially the onion rolls
Rainforest DTD never been
Yak & Yeti never been
Planet Hollywood wouldn't worry much better restaurants for a TS credit
Sci-fi never bothered as basically burgers
Tepan Edo or Cape May Cafe for character breakfast love Teppan Edo - characters were good at cape may but better choice at others buffets although handy for YC
Beaches N Cream wouldnt waste a TS credit but go for an ice cream one afternoon

I had no problem booking using my 3 letter 5 number code. Sign up for a Disneyworld.com account and it will link them to it so its easier to get a list of all of them.

Apr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #12
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Ooh thank you for your replies. I appreciate your comments. Just not sure whether we want to do a character breakfast or not yet. There's so much choice!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #13
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

If you LOVE Minnie Mouse, I would have to say she was magnificently on form at our breakfast at Cape May Cafe. That said, if choosing between that meal and O'hana I'd do the latter. IMHO, the best breakfast food at a character buffet is a toss up between O'hana breakfast and 1900 Park Fare. But O'hana dinner beats them all.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:12 AM   #14
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Thank you. We're definitely going to try Ohana, I read a lot of reviews and we're thinking of going there on our last night then watching wishes from poly beach.
We might pay oop for beaches n cream and then we can still try Tepan Edo too. I haven't eaten at any Disney TS places before so it's been hard to choose!
Another thing I have been thinking about is what our preferred eating time will be, we were thinking between 6-7pm ish so we can still go to a park with late EMH or go back to swim in SAB but I guess it may be hard to get ADRs at those times. Plus how do you know when you're going to be hungry in a different time zone in 180 days time! Ha.
I am enjoying all the planning though
Old 02-17-2013, 04:30 AM   #15
stevechase
DIS Veteran

Hi Claire that's a very good point ha ha. Nothing to do with Disney but is yr surname really Bear? That is unusual, our daughter is called Ellie and we nicknamed her Ellie Bear years ago. A couple of years ago I met a bloke through work named Mick Bear and when I told Ellie, Josh our youngest said, 'is he related to ellie' ha ha
Steve

1989 - Daytona Beach
1990 - 2001 Various Spanish hols
2002 - All Star Movies
2003 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne
2004 - Tunisia
2005 - Varadero, Cuba
2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - Dominican Republic
2009 - New York & Port Orleans Riverside
2010 - Cancun, Mexico
2011 - Montego Bay, Jamaica
2012 - New York, Washington DC, Fort Wild Resort
2013 - Turkey (April)
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (July/August)
2014 - Benidorm
2015 - USA, NY/California, Florida
stevechase is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: