Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #46
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
i love to buy funky bowls at the Japan pavilion. i have quite the collection. unless you know they're from Epcot, you'd never think Disney. but they remind me of one of my favorite stores to visit and they make me smile.

my kids love the candy in Japan.
Yes!! We bought bowls with cats in the bottom of them for our two cats. They have matching water and food kitty bowls from the store in Japan

I also bought a small crossbody purse there. I don't use it at home really but it is the perfect size to fit my camera, room keys and a few other little things without feeling weighed down all day
Old 02-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #47
WhateverLolaWants
DIS Veteran

The recycled jewelry is located in the World Showcase in what they consider Africa at a large kiosk.

Trips

October '87, June '91, Summer '93, Summer '97, December '98, July '99, April '00, December '02, August '03, November '03, January - May '07 (College Program),
January '08 (WDW and Disney Wonder), February '08 (DL/CA), December '08, October '09, February '11, January '12, February '13, October '13,
December '13 and on - Florida Resident Annual Pass
WhateverLolaWants is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #48
nannyker
Earning My Ears

The huge handful of the free resort Shampoos and Conditioners!! Every time we wash my daughter's hair with it we both sniff the bottle and say "mmmm Disney....."
nannyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #49
T. Baker
Earning My Ears

My favorite thing is non disney jewelry. About 25 years ago, I bought a georgeous pair of 14K gold earrings at the Contemporary. They are still my all time favorite earrings. A few years later you could not find regular jewelry.

This year I purchased a beautiful necklace at the fine art shop at the Boardwalk. I love it and can see it becoming my favorite necklace.

These things definitely remind me of Disney, but noone would ever know they came from there.
T. Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #50
JasNicMadAl
Earning My Ears

My daughter stocked up on shampoo/conditioner as she uses them at summer camp. She calls them her 'disney candy.'
JasNicMadAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #51
tryplm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamBigLiveGrand View Post
Being annual passholders, we had also have never seen the shop before. They did have this during our October 2012 trip. The cast member told us when we asked that they bring the shop put for Food and Wine as well as Flower and Garden.
We'll be there for F&G, so wish me luck!! Where is it located?

2010- Sports 2012- CBR 2013- POP2013- CBR
]
tryplm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #52
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

I'll tell you one that I once saw in a post on easywdw.com and coveted, but then couldn't find in the parks. It's a ceramic coffee tumbler with the Evil Queen on it that says "Before My Morning Coffee I'm Wicked" on it. It was the #1 thing I wanted, and I looked all over for it on our trip but couldn't find it. It didn't scream Disney to me, and I thought it was hilarious. Alas, it just wasn't meant to be.

I've found them for sale online, but the prices are jacked up.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #53
tenaseewalker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook1099 View Post
My all time favorite souvenir is the plate my step father collected from his first trip to DW.. Every time I see it I think of him and my favorite place on earth. And it is in the museum in DHS. I go in there every year to just look at it.Sorry no pictures, havent taken the time to figure out how to download to page.

Geir cologne from Germany my DH has worn every day for 10 years.Never tire of the scent.

The filet and mushroom risotto we eat every Christmas thanks to allearsnet.

My aloe and clove envira scent that smells just like the Beach Club in my living room.

And the double chocolate chip muffins from MS Bakery that are in my freezer all year round.
Can you tell me where I can purchase the aloe and clove scent? My DH just loves the smell when you open the doors of the Beach Club.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #54
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post
My children!! I spent 2 weeks on roller coasters, eating junk and drinking beer and came home to discover that I was pregnant!
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation

goopysolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #55
Disneyhayes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Lalia from Norway. Every time I wear it I think about the scent as you enter the store in Norway
I am Swedish and named my daughter Layla. When I saw this during our first family trip I thought to myself "why didn't you go with the traditional spelling!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyfun View Post
Pick-a-pearl. My Granddaughter and I have matching rings, so I get to think of both her and Disney everyday!
I have been back and forth on the pick-a-pearl idea. Maybe I will look at it more next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyker View Post
The huge handful of the free resort Shampoos and Conditioners!! Every time we wash my daughter's hair with it we both sniff the bottle and say "mmmm Disney....."
I am usually pretty picky when it comes to my shampoo but I sure would love to be imersed into Disney each time I wash my hair

Sept 2011 - ASMo - MNSSHP**Jan 2012 - POP**Nov 2013 POP
Disneyhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #56
Indio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Lalia from Norway. Every time I wear it I think about the scent as you enter the store in Norway
I wear Laila too! Love, Love, Love it! My youngest son always tells me I smell like Epcot! My sons and I also bought those leather bracelets with our names on them at the exit of Pirates of the Carribean. I wear mine every day - my disney reminder that nobody but me and my boys know!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #57
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

I have a necklace my sister purchased from the Coronado Springs gift shop about four years ago. It has blue, green, and brown beads that look like they're made out of thread. Since it's from CSR, it has a Spanish-y feel to it, and I often receive compliments on it. I actually just wore it yesterday.
nfggirl5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #58
Disneyhayes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indio View Post
I wear Laila too! Love, Love, Love it! My youngest son always tells me I smell like Epcot! My sons and I also bought those leather bracelets with our names on them at the exit of Pirates of the Carribean. I wear mine every day - my disney reminder that nobody but me and my boys know!
We have those leather bracelets too. We got our girls names on them and I wear mine almost daily! I know it's from Disney but no one else does

Sept 2011 - ASMo - MNSSHP**Jan 2012 - POP**Nov 2013 POP
Disneyhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #59
backpacktwang
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDisneyKid View Post
I stole a plate from Crystal Palace years ago when they had Mickey on them. Does that count?
AWESOME!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #60
YankeePrincess
I love Donald Duck

I just bought a shirt at the Poly that has a picture of a Dole Whip on it. Love it!

Bay Lake Tower Owners Since 2009
Waiting on the Poly DVC!
YankeePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: