Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #17
CoopTroop6
Dreaming of Dole Whips...

We live about 1 1/2 hrs from Disney, and I know of quite a few things going on that may be affecting crowds:

#1 - There is an awesome FL resident deal going on right now ($119/3 day 0r $129/4 day & 15%-35% off rooms) that they are advertising the HECK out of on every local media outlet. It's good until June 3, w/only a couple of blackout dates. Combine that w/tax return season and you'll have an increase in crowds. It's why we're going, and I know of a bunch of other "locals" who are taking advantage of it too.

#2 - Most of the local school's have a 4-day weekend this week, so I'm sure there will be larger crowds because of this (which is why we're going next week lol).

#3 - Starbound's Orlando dance/talent national competition is March 2 & 3, which is drawing ALL the local dance teams Dd's studio's competition team is taking almost 30+ girls, plus parents, teachers, etc and they are planning on doing Disney. There's a bunch of other studios going too.

#4 - While our district doesn't go on Spring Break for awhile (end of March), when I called to request a room w/a view at our hotel I was told they're already getting Spring Break-ers!

#5 - As others have said...Brazilian Tour Groups

Just a few things that I personally know of that are probably drawing larger-than-normal crowds...

CoopTroop6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: