Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #31
Holly324
Mouseketeer

My pick-a-pearl from Japan is one of my favorite souvenirs. It is in a pretty necklace, and it reminds me of Disney every time I wear it!

Holly324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #32
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

My ring with two mickey heads facing each other....

It's small, but every time I look at I just love it!

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #33
tryplm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamBigLiveGrand View Post
Being a fan of World Showcase shopping, at the entrance of World Showcase during Food and Wine, there was a bath and body shop. We were intrigued by the lotion on a stick.
Did they have this at F&W 2012? I must have missed it, as I have never heard of such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
The jewelry they sell at Epcot that are made from recycled park maps. I bought a purple bracelet two trips ago that I love.
I bought a couple of these on our last trip as well. I also got those elastic bracelets that look almost like a hair tie for my BFF & I. They have inspirational sayings & a tiny Mickey head. I also have a Dios de Los Muertos shirt I got from Mexico that makes me think Disney when I wear it. Oh, and we have a beaded chameleon figurine.

2010- Sports 2012- CBR 2013- POP2013- CBR
]
tryplm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #34
Disneyhayes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The jewelry they sell at Epcot that are made from recycled park maps. I bought a purple bracelet two trips ago that I love.
Oh where did you get these at? That would be a great present to bring back for my co-worker as she loves all things recycled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
My ring with two mickey heads facing each other....

It's small, but every time I look at I just love it!
I have been looking at those for awhile! I wear a mothers ring and my wedding rings so maybe I will get one that fits my thumb.

Sept 2011 - ASMo - MNSSHP**Jan 2012 - POP**Nov 2013 POP
Disneyhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #35
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Lalia from Norway. Every time I wear it I think about the scent as you enter the store in Norway

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #36
indimom
Are We There Yet?

OP, Great Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
there are too many to count... I love my 3 scarves from Disney,no one ever notices they have Mickeys all over in the patterns....I wear a couple of different silver pendants, both have mickeys in them, most people don't see it....
Oooh, Mickey Scarves!!! I Want! Where did you find these? Are they light weight, year round scarves??

Quote:
Are these the type where they roll the paper to create beads? I have a necklace, bracelet and earrings I bought at a kiosk once and I really like them. I think mine were made in Africa as a way to raise funds for an orphanage. They were really unique. I would love to get some that are Disney-inspired...
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #37
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Not exactly hidden souvenirs but I keep baskets of body parts under my coffee table!

No...not THAT kind of body parts! I collect the Mr. Potato Heads. There's a shelf of them in our media room with all the Star Wars ones (and the KISS ones and the Wizard of Oz ones etc) but in the baskets are the ones you can play with and there's a plethora of Disney exclusive parts (and holiday ones and super hero and others). So there are three wicker baskets under the coffee table that contain the bodies and assorted arms, legs, eyes, mouths, ears and assorted accessories. They're tall enough that unless you pull them out you'd never know they're full of toys.

All my nieces and nephews know about the cache and love to play with them because the collection is pretty vast and different from what they usually see. Heck, many adults come and pull it out and play just to put together a Darth Tater holding a Mickey balloon and wearing a pin lanyard.

We used to keep the basket in the bathroom before it grew too much and it was kind of funny to see what guests would create when they visited but even though I kept a can of Lysol nearby I decided maybe it would be better to put it in a less germy location.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #38
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I've gotten scarves from various places,one from WDW,one for DL,and one was a gift from someone who went on a discruise...they're all lightweight,and I wear them all year round! WDW has a LOT of scarves now,I noticed in December...my fave is a black and white pattern I got in DL,it matches my phone case!
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #39
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
I've gotten scarves from various places,one from WDW,one for DL,and one was a gift from someone who went on a discruise...they're all lightweight,and I wear them all year round! WDW has a LOT of scarves now,I noticed in December...my fave is a black and white pattern I got in DL,it matches my phone case!
Oooh, I wonder if it would match my Hidden Mickey bag.
I forgot to post my favorite souvie. It's a white bag with black handles and a black hidden mickey print.
Thanks for the info., I'll be on the lookout this July!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #40
jenfromjersey
Mouseketeer

Add me to the pick a pearl group! I have it set in a ring I wear every day
jenfromjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #41
scooffer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
OOHH!! Details please! I would love this, where in Epcot would I look?

We did the pick a pearl at DTD on my first trip with my kids. I let each of my boys pick a pearl, and then my husband. I ended up with matching earlings and a necklace with pearls picked from my "boys". Everytime I wear them I am reminded of the magic on that trip!

April 2014 - Family Gathering Lake Buena Vista Village and Spa 7 adults 5 kids
April 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2012 - Port Of Orleans French Quarter (perfect in every way!)
May 2011 - Cypress Pointe Grande Villas (loved it!)
scooffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #42
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhayes

Oh where did you get these at? That would be a great present to bring back for my co-worker as she loves all things recycled.

I have been looking at those for awhile! I wear a mothers ring and my wedding rings so maybe I will get one that fits my thumb.
They were at DTD.. In huge disney store with stitch on it.. ( the name slipped my mind) world of disney maybe?

I only saw maybe 3-4
They only had 1 in my size!! You may have to check back a few times.. It only cost something like $35.. I think it sliver plated
I didn't expect it to last as long as it has.. But I do love it!

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #43
kpmdjm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooffer

OOHH!! Details please! I would love this, where in Epcot would I look?

We did the pick a pearl at DTD on my first trip with my kids. I let each of my boys pick a pearl, and then my husband. I ended up with matching earlings and a necklace with pearls picked from my "boys". Everytime I wear them I am reminded of the magic on that trip!
My daughter bought a braclet made from recycled park maps in animal kingdom.
kpmdjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #44
Judyfun
Mouseketeer

Pick-a-pearl. My Granddaughter and I have matching rings, so I get to think of both her and Disney everyday!
Judyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #45
DreamBigLiveGrand
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryplm

Did they have this at F&W 2012? I must have missed it, as I have never heard of such a thing.
Being annual passholders, we had also have never seen the shop before. They did have this during our October 2012 trip. The cast member told us when we asked that they bring the shop put for Food and Wine as well as Flower and Garden.
DreamBigLiveGrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: