Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Dress code for Cabanas dinner

Just wondering if short were allowed at Cabanas for dinner. We are considering going there one evening.
OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The dress code is listed as "cruise casual." You will not be denied entrance in shorts. We can speculate all day as to whether or not this should be considered one of the dining rooms in the evening.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMD13 View Post
Just wondering if short were allowed at Cabanas for dinner. We are considering going there one evening.
The DCL website says:

Question
What should I wear to dinner?
Answer
Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual"—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements. Here's a breakdown of these events by cruise itinerary.

On 3-night cruises:
•One cruise casual night—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
•One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
•One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

On 4-night cruises:
•First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
•One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
•Final night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

On 7-night cruises:
•First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
•Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
•One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

Dress code at Palo on all cruises:
•Men: dress pants and shirt or jacket
•Women: dress or pantsuit
•Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

Dress code at Remy on all cruises:
•A tuxedo or jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required with dress pants for men. Ties are optional.
•A cocktail dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse is required for women.
•Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

For cruises that request formalwear attire, Guests can pre-order tailored formalwear rentals and have it delivered directly to their staterooms upon arrival.

The only specific locations with specific dress requirements are Palo & Remy. The rest of the "dress code" seems to address meals, not locations.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

If you look up each restaurant on DCL's website it tells you the dress code for each place. Here's the link to Cabanas on the Dream: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...ining/cabanas/

Dress Code
The dress code for dinner at Cabanas is cruise casual. However, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts at dinnertime.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Don't judge me but one day we were having a child-related issue (I think a last minute super poopy diaper change in the cabin) and so I went to the dining room first.

My DH (who is super absent minded) came in about 10 minutes later wearing cargo shorts into Animator's. I glared at him, but no one said anything at all. He sat down and stayed down so no one noticed. So yea, I think generally you "can," but it's not polite since others will not be wearing shorts. It was Pirate Night so also more casual. I can't speak for Cabanas.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
ericw
Earning My Ears

I'm not proud of it, but I wore shorts, sneakers and an "Outlaw Apparel" T shirt (from Storage Wars) to dinner on formal night at Enchanted Garden on the Dream last April. That was the day we were in Nassau and got a little delayed because I wanted to check out the local Grocery store. I am fascinated by foreign grocery stores.
We hemmed and hawed about "do we have enough time to change" but in the end just decided to go right to dinner from the pier. No one said anything and I really didn't feel that out of place. People weren't staring or pointing....
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: