Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Shaden
DIS Veteran

If Jiko costs 2, do you get more ?

Hey all, if Jiko costs 2 meals off the DP ... do you still only get the Entree, desert and Non-alcoholic drink ???

I can't see how thats worth it looking at the prices there, entrees are 35-45 ish ... if Regular DP is roughly $50/person/day (a little more actually) burning 2 meals there is burning $100/person on a meal thats like 40 ??? ?

Thanks all
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
MariDisney
Learned a difficult lesson about eating chocolate in the dark!
Had to admit to eating bird poo to get what she wanted
Fully open=cool. Fully closed=cool. Half way=no can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Hey all, if Jiko costs 2 meals off the DP ... do you still only get the Entree, desert and Non-alcoholic drink ???

I can't see how thats worth it looking at the prices there, entrees are 35-45 ish ... if Regular DP is roughly $50/person/day (a little more actually) burning 2 meals there is burning $100/person on a meal thats like 40 ??? ?

Thanks all
I'm not sure of the daily cost since we haven't been in about 18 months. But, when you calculate the daily cost of the DDP also factor in your QS meal (let's say $12) and your snack (let's say $4). So, the cost of the TS would be roughly $34. Jiko's entrees average a little over $40. Dessert averages $9.50. A soft drink will be about $3. Tax is included. So your TS will actually be "worth" somewhere in the $55-60 range.
Mari...A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is Just a Dream Away...7/98 Carribean Beach ... 1/03 All Star Movies ...9/03 All Star Music ... 6/04 Port Orleans Riverside Honeymoon ... 1/05 Port Orleans French Quarter ... 1/06 Carribean Beach ...9/06 Pop Century ... 8/07 Port Orleans Riverside...9/08 Port Orleans French Quarter...9/09 Coronado Springs...9/11 Port Orleans Riverside
MariDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariDisney View Post
I'm not sure of the daily cost since we haven't been in about 18 months. But, when you calculate the daily cost of the DDP also factor in your QS meal (let's say $12) and your snack (let's say $4). So, the cost of the TS would be roughly $34. Jiko's entrees average a little over $40. Dessert averages $9.50. A soft drink will be about $3. Tax is included. So your TS will actually be "worth" somewhere in the $55-60 range.
Appreciate the break down, and I think its roughly accurate, but even by that we sould still be "losing" 10-15$ "worth" of the DP ... Thought maybe if it included an App or one of the wine pairings that would explain it ...

We still want to do Jiko, just disappointed that this seems like anexample of Disney putting the squeeze on and the DPs being worth less and less ...
Old 02-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
MariDisney
Learned a difficult lesson about eating chocolate in the dark!
Had to admit to eating bird poo to get what she wanted
Fully open=cool. Fully closed=cool. Half way=no can do

Quote:
Appreciate the break down, and I think its roughly accurate, but even by that we sould still be "losing" 10-15$ "worth" of the DP ... Thought maybe if it included an App or one of the wine pairings that would explain it ...

We still want to do Jiko, just disappointed that this seems like anexample of Disney putting the squeeze on and the DPs being worth less and less ...
Actually if you figure in the 2nd day's QS and snack you'd break right about even. The DDP may or may not be a good value for you (or anyone else). But I think in this scenario you're about flush for those 2 credits assuming you use the QS and snack.
Mari...A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is Just a Dream Away...7/98 Carribean Beach ... 1/03 All Star Movies ...9/03 All Star Music ... 6/04 Port Orleans Riverside Honeymoon ... 1/05 Port Orleans French Quarter ... 1/06 Carribean Beach ...9/06 Pop Century ... 8/07 Port Orleans Riverside...9/08 Port Orleans French Quarter...9/09 Coronado Springs...9/11 Port Orleans Riverside
MariDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Most of the 2TS places are not very good values on the DDP unless you order the most expensive entree and dessert, and even then you are coming close.

What could make it worth it is for one of you to use the DDP and one to pay OOP. You can share the dessert and the OOP person could order an app to share.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
Most of the 2TS places are not very good values on the DDP unless you order the most expensive entree and dessert, and even then you are coming close.

What could make it worth it is for one of you to use the DDP and one to pay OOP. You can share the dessert and the OOP person could order an app to share.
yea, I think thats the option I was considering as well. The person getting the lowest cost meal pay OOP, split a desert.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
ascardino
Mouseketeer

Quote:
yea, I think thats the option I was considering as well. The person getting the lowest cost meal pay OOP, split a desert.
So that brings up a question that has probably been answered but it has been awhile for us: can you use your DDP for some members of your party and pay OOP for others? So, we are a family of 5 and we do not pay for the 2yr old. My DD who is 12 eats like a bird and it would not make sense to eat at a signature dining restaurant if I had to use 2 credits for her as an adult. We do enjoy dining at several signature dining restaurants over the course of an 8 day vacation so I would love to be able to use cash for her and credits for my DDH and myself. Or, am I breaking the rules?

GF-11/01 (Honeymoon), 3/03, 10/02....BLT - 6/12
CR - 8/99, 4/06............OKW - 6/09......AKV - 5/13
Poly - 6/02......................S&D - 8/05, 2/10, 6/10, 1/11
BCV - 6/02, 4/07......................POR - 12/04
BWV- 12/08, 4/09, 5/13, 12/13...HBC - 6/10, 3/11, 6/12
SSR (1st trip Home) & BCV - 4/05, 12/06, 1/10
Many others before our family!
ascardino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Nope, that's totally OK.