Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Must admit we found the seat reservation system with virgin very frustrating. We reserved seats as soon as it opened up and booked a sensible formation iykwim, not leaving odd seats etc. When we got there we had been moved to the back on the plane in a different formation. We were told it was to accommodate other parties who were being split up. Now I can understand people needing to sit together but it is horrible for those who get their done early. Where you sit on the plane does matter to some people especially with children on a long flight. We have not yet been on a virgin flight and got the seats we requested so what's the point in allowing people to prebook? Why not just allocate everyone the day before when the passenger details are known?
ScotsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #17
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Sorry you have experienced this. We have been moved once and I nearly died when they told me as it was in a 4 but we had two in each row!!!!! Luckily it was from the back right to the front two rows behind PE as my mom had a wheel chair.I agree that if you reserve early and they move what is the point but they do say they have the right to move people due to customer requirements disabilities and plane change. I booked ours for out trip in 7 weeks at 90 days 3 at the back on the airbus and 3 upstairs cmg back on the jumbo BUT I await with baited breath lol.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 01:55 AM   #18
sammie1884
Mouseketeer

I have to say I am really confused about the skycot thing. DD will be 22months when we go in November. When we booked with Virgin they asked if we would need a sky cot, I said yes not really knowing too much about them. Then a a couple of weeks ago we got a message on the home phone to say they were just letting us know that our skycot had been booked for our flight. So does this mean we will deffo have bulkhead seats? Have they already allocated us seats? There will be 5 of us in seats and we will all want to be seated together (as in 2 rows one behind the other)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: