Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
mevans0000
Earning My Ears

Welcome Back Aboard 10% Off Transferrable to different cruise?

Hi,

Booked cruise for summer 2013 using a "Welcome Back Aboard! 10% off Prevailing Rates" Coupon I received in the mail 30 days after we got back from our Fantasy cruise in the Summer of 2012. Booked a 2013 trip (only had 30 days to use) but now we arent going to be able to make that. Hoping to cruise in 2014. Does anyone know if I cancel and rebook for 2014 if I can get that discount applied? Thanks for any insight.
mevans0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
ImNarek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevans0000 View Post
Hi,

Booked cruise for summer 2013 using a "Welcome Back Aboard! 10% off Prevailing Rates" Coupon I received in the mail 30 days after we got back from our Fantasy cruise in the Summer of 2012. Booked a 2013 trip (only had 30 days to use) but now we arent going to be able to make that. Hoping to cruise in 2014. Does anyone know if I cancel and rebook for 2014 if I can get that discount applied? Thanks for any insight.
I know we were able to rebook the cruise we booked while on our last cruise. We booked a holding date while were were on board, because the cruise we wanted wasn't available yet. And more recently, we discovered we wouldn't be able to make that cruise date work, so we rebooked yet again, for this fall. And we kept the discounts through all the rebookings.
Sept 2005 - 7N DM Western Caribbean
Sept 2006 - 7N Special Western Caribbean & Port Orleans
2011 - Inaugural Alaskan Cruise, Disney Magic
Trips to WDW - too many to count
Feb 2012 - Disney's Aulani resort
Dec 2012 - Grand Family Gathering & 1st trip to our new 'home' resort AKV
May 2013 6N DM Western Caribbean out of Galveston
Sept 2013 B2B Eastern & Western Caribbean, Disney
Fantasy
ImNarek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

There is a difference between the rebooking on board (which can be moved as often as you need) and the Welcome Back promotion. You'll need to call DCL to see if they will allow you to move the cruise booked with the promotion card. I think the fine print said no, but they can always make an exception.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
LeslieG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
There is a difference between the rebooking on board (which can be moved as often as you need) and the Welcome Back promotion. You'll need to call DCL to see if they will allow you to move the cruise booked with the promotion card. I think the fine print said no, but they can always make an exception.

I usually rebook on board, and I can't remember if I've ever received the promotion in the mail after my cruise. Does everyone get that mailed promotion, even if you've already taken advantage of the OBB discount?
LeslieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
erinfarber
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I usually rebook on board, and I can't remember if I've ever received the promotion in the mail after my cruise. Does everyone get that mailed promotion, even if you've already taken advantage of the OBB discount?
I have only been on one Disney cruise. We sailed the Fantasy last August. We also received the 10% promotion in the mail. We used that 10% off for our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy this May. I am also curious to know if I would have received this 10% mail promotion had I booked a cruise on the ship and used that 10%. Has anyone ever booked there next cruise on the ship receiving 10% off and also received the 10% mail promotion?
erinfarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieG View Post
I didn't get a postcard last year when we booked on-board. My theory at the time was that they must not send them to those of us that already booked on board. Because I know other passengers from our same sailing who didn't book on-board and they got this above mentioned postcard. Now at the time of that sailing, when I booked on-board they gave me a code to use if I had any family members or friends back home that wanted to join us and they'd get the 10% off as well. I have heard since that they discontinued that perk as well.

Also as a disclosure if you don't book on-board in the future, I'm not confident that they are still sending out these postcards. I didn't take advantage of the OBB option on our last sailing which I am now kicking myself over and I never received any offers in the mail. I assumed that I would and they never came.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

Between us and family members, we have been on upwards of 20 Disney Cruises going back to 2001 and we have never heard of or seen this offer before. Do not count on it being offered. Book your next cruise onboard if you want to ensure you can get the discounts and onboard credit.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
Mtinkerbell5189
Mouseketeer

I got this after my march 2011 cruise. They said it would only work till 2012 so I booked a 2012 cruise I knew I wouldn't go on and then when 2013 dates came out I transferred it, thinking the 10% went away. However I recently found out it was still attached to the main reservation and the price I was paying included the discount. I only found this out because I could not get the Disney visa obc with the 10% off welcome back pin.
Mtinkerbell5189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
BlakeandMaddysMomma
Mouseketeer

FYI- we sailed in January and we received this offer in the mail today! Question though, is it 10% of the whole price or just the deposit?
BlakeandMaddysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
LeslieG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeandMaddysMomma View Post
FYI- we sailed in January and we received this offer in the mail today! Question though, is it 10% of the whole price or just the deposit?
If it's the same as booking onboard, it's 10% off the total. Did you also book onboard, or no?
LeslieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #11
tweis
DIS Veteran

We received this offer after sailing last June on the Dream. We did not book onboard and received this offer a few months after our cruise. The only problem was with ours, we had to book within a very short time frame and it just was not feasible at the time. Our offer expired within 2 weeks of receiving it in the mail.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
BlakeandMaddysMomma
Mouseketeer

We did not book on board. We also have a very short time frame. Only until March 20th. For us it won't happen, DH won't budge that our next vacation NOT be on a boat! He was pretty uncomfortable the first 3 days. Looks like its Jamaica for us next!
BlakeandMaddysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #13
wdwlovin'family
Mouseketeer

We did not book on board during our Jan 6th cruise and we received one of these 10% off pins. My sister did book onboard and she did not receive one. The clincher to this offer for us is that the new cruise needs to be booked by March 7th. I don't know if we will be ready for booking by then. I am pretty sure you still have to put the 20% deposit down.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #14
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Welcome back is not the same as OBB. I believe is only 10% off and has restrictions on dates. OBB is 10% off, 10% deposit and 100/200 on board credit depending on length.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
xmansmom
Mouseketeer

Was the discount a small postcard or large? Our cruise last month was only 4 days and we never stopped and checked into booking another. I'm really hoping I receive this discount and want to be sure I don't miss it in the mail.
Last minute trip to Disneyland July/Aug 2007
Spring Break @ WDW - March 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea - July 2010
Disneyland to check out Radiator Springs July 2012
First Disney Cruise on the Magic! Feb 2013
4th of July at WDW 2013 Are we crazy??
WDW - July 2014

First trip to the dark side - July 2014

xmansmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: