Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
RosiePA
Mouseketeer

Existing Reservation to OBB?

This is probably somewhere else on the boards, buying couldn't find it, so I apologize if it's duplicative. I currently have two reservations, one that is an OBB and just another standard one. When I am on the OBB cruise, can I transfer the other reservation to an OBB to take advantage of the discount and OBC?
RosiePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
tink,too
DIS Veteran

When onboard, get a new quote and if it's cost effective, they'll cancel your original booking and re-book so you can get the OBB. I was told we couldn't just do a transfer, but this was still a quick and easy process.

We did this last year on the Fantasy for our cruise we'll be taking this summer.
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
RosiePA
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!! I will definitely do that
Old 02-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
chateau
DIS Veteran

If it is a concierge booking, though, your deposit will not be refundable.

I moved a previously booked concierge to a little cruise to use it up (only $100 more than my concierge deposit... imagine that!)
Old 02-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

If your current reservation is with a TA, be sure to have the TA's contact information with you so the OBB agent can confirm with the TA that it is okay.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
If your current reservation is with a TA, be sure to have the TA's contact information with you so the OBB agent can confirm with the TA that it is okay.
This will sometimes work....we've had it happen and have the onboard agent tell us it was impossible. What you CAN do is to make a second reservation for the cruise with all the benefits of onboard booking and name the same TA. Then, when you get home, contact the TA and ask them to "reconcile" the reservations. They can recapture your original cabin number, etc. and cancel the less financially desirable reservation. It is easier if the onboard agent can do it for you (they have to contact the agency for permission to do it), but our more recent experiences have been that they will not.

IF the price of the cruise has increased significantly, it may not be in your best interest to rebook. Bring a copy of your current reservations (I know my mind gets hazy while cruising).
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
This will sometimes work....we've had it happen and have the onboard agent tell us it was impossible. What you CAN do is to make a second reservation for the cruise with all the benefits of onboard booking and name the same TA. Then, when you get home, contact the TA and ask them to "reconcile" the reservations. They can recapture your original cabin number, etc. and cancel the less financially desirable reservation. It is easier if the onboard agent can do it for you (they have to contact the agency for permission to do it), but our more recent experiences have been that they will not.

IF the price of the cruise has increased significantly, it may not be in your best interest to rebook. Bring a copy of your current reservations (I know my mind gets hazy while cruising).
The reconciliation described above involving making a new reservation onboard and then working with the TA after the cruise was our experience also on the Magic Nov 2012.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #8
RosiePA
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! I think we'll avoid the TA since we have had two bad experiences in a row. I hope the prices are still the same so we can save some money and get the OBC!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: