Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #151
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

I'm not exactly new, but I just realised that I've never introduced myself

Family : Live with my fiancé

WDW History : Went to WDW for the first time in 2006 for a year to work in Ecpot as an International CM in the Norwegian pavillion (I'm Norwegian). When I went, I'd hardly even heard about Disney World and didn't really know what it was :P Long story short, I got hooked. I went back on a holiday about 6 months after I went home to Norway with a fellow former CM. Then I went back to work for another year in 2008 and still loved it, I would actually work there full time if I only could get a green card :P I went on another vacation in 2010, with a friend that had never been before, and we mostly had a good time. She didn't want to go to MNSSHP or Cirque though, which was a big disappointment. Then I met my fiancé, and despite that he'd sworn he'd never go to the US, I managed to get him with me again last september, and now he's hooked too It was actually on that trip that we got engaged We didn't think we'd be going again for a long time, because we obviously have to save up for the wedding next year. But we've been going through our finances and put ourselves on a strict budget, so we're able to save up for a Disneymoon next year. It won't be right after the wedding though(getting married in the end of june), because we want to go in November so we can see all the Christmas stuff.

Favourite WDW ride : How can I pick just one? Soaring in Epcot, EE in AK, TT in HS and I think I'll go with Philharmagic in MK.

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #152
Laszkowicz
Mouseketeer

x

Last edited by Laszkowicz; 02-08-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: na
Laszkowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #153
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszkowicz View Post
Name - Richard
Town - Doncaster
I was in Doncaster last week (Sunday 10th) came down to watch Batley Bulldogs vs Doncaster at the Keepmoat stadium, what a dump of a stadium No grass on the pitch, looked like a sandpit.
£4 to park the car and full price for DS, no student discount. They don't encourage you to return.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #154
Laszkowicz
Mouseketeer

x

Last edited by Laszkowicz; 02-08-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Laszkowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #155
thestevied
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjessebellex View Post
Name: Jess (24)
Home town: Berkshire, England
Hi jess, I'm in Berkshire too, maidenhead. We're going in September and we're both soooo excited. That feeling never gets old.
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club, 17th trip - September 2014, Dolphin Resort

thestevied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #156
thestevied
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
I'm not exactly new, but I just realised that I've never introduced myself

Family : Live with my fiancé

WDW History : Went to WDW for the first time in 2006 for a year to work in Ecpot as an International CM in the Norwegian pavillion (I'm Norwegian).
That would be my dream job I think.. Working at Epcot in the world showcase! Don't think I'd want to be based at the uk all day though, I'd want to be able to move around all countries!
1st trip - July 1989 WDW, 2nd trip - Aug1993 WDW, 3rd trip - July 1997 Tokyo Disneyland, 4th trip - June 1999 WDW, 5th trip - Sept 2002 WDW, 6th trip - Sept 2003 WDW, 7th trip - Feb 2004 Euro Disney, 8th trip - Jan 2005 WDW, 9th trip - June 2005 WDW, 10th trip - Sept 2006 WDW, 11th trip - Sept 2007 WDW, 12th trip - Oct 2008 Disneyland, 13th trip - Sept 2009 WDW, 14th trip - Sept 2010 WDW AKL, 15th trip September 2011 - Dolphin resort, 16th trip - September 2013, Yacht Club, 17th trip - September 2014, Dolphin Resort

thestevied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #157
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestevied View Post
That would be my dream job I think.. Working at Epcot in the world showcase! Don't think I'd want to be based at the uk all day though, I'd want to be able to move around all countries!
Well UK people aren't necessarily stuck un the UK pavilion. Students can go there on their college program, and they're on a different visa, so they can work anywhere in the parks or hotels.

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #158
Lucys dad
Mouseketeer

Name : Gordon.

Wife : Louise;

Daughter : Lucy ( age 11 )

Home Town: Carnoustie ( north east of Scotland ) ,

Likes : Football, still play the odd game and follow Dundee United and Scotland. ( not an easy task these days )

WDW history : pretty much the only foreign holiday we go on as my wife has a terrible time flying and would only 'suffer it' for WDW. Always stay onsite and have stayed at WL, OKW, BC, POR, CB, ASM. We now consider WL our favoured resort and should be back there in 2014.

Lucys dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #159
Lucys dad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
Well UK people aren't necessarily stuck un the UK pavilion. Students can go there on their college program, and they're on a different visa, so they can work anywhere in the parks or hotels.
My nephew worked 2 summers in WDW while he was studying at St Andrews Uni. Got some great stories from him. Long hours but he loved every minute of it and worked in a variety of roles including working behind the scenes on the Toy Story Mania ride and Monsters Inc Laughter Show.
Lucys dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #160
Kilted_Yank
Mouseketeer

Real name: Bill... and as my screen name implies, I'm not from the UK... but I post at the UK board more than I do on the US side.... why? Because I love our British friends.

Family: Married to Susan (19 years on July 4th!) 2 daughters, Crystal who is 23 and on her own, and Olivia, who is 14.

Occupation: I am a tactical firearms instructor for a federal law enforcement agency. which means I teach our agents how to fight with guns. My background in firearms comes from having spent eight years in the Marines as a machinegunner.

Home town: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA... which is in Prince William County. The county is NOT named for your current Prince, but for the Prince William Augustus, the Duke of Comberland.

Favourite park: EPCOT. Hands down. We love pretty much everything about it. While my youngest prefers Future world, my wife and I love World Showcase... even if we are just walking around watching people.

Favourite resort: We haven't stayed on-site in quite a few years now (we bought into the Hilton Grand Vacation Club sveral years ago), but, our favorite on-site resort, comfort-wise, remains Coronado Springs!

Favourite attraction: Carousel Of Progress. I love so many of them, but this is my enduring favorite. Of course, I wish Disney would spend some time and money to update it.

Favourite restaurant: We have a new contender... Be Our Guest in the newly expanded Fantasyland is really great! We also love Cosmic Ray's, and Columbia Harbor House, in Magic Kingdom, and The "new" Italian restaurant in Italy at EPCOT. We also love the Japanese walk-up as well.

Hobbies: I design and make custom Mickey Mouse ear hats!

Favourite thing about Disney: Don't be silly. EVERYthing.

Kilted_Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #161
Shocking Hocking
Mouseketeer

Shocking Hocking

Newbie from Sheffield
Name : Sam aged 43 hubby Gary 48 and son Joe aged 12

Will be our first time to Disney in October 13 for 2 weeks . Really can not wait , lots of planning to do . Looking forward to seeing the parks at Halloween , Epcot food and wine festival just don't know how I'm going to fit it all in but sure we will be fine . Joined a gym to get holiday fit for all the miles we will walk . Think I will also be enjoying a few cocktails at the end of the day too ! Live for today because life is too short, so got to make the most of it . Love my holidays and I'm sure that we will get the Disney bug and will be back for more .
Shocking Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #162
Shocking Hocking
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted_Yank View Post
Real name: Bill... and as my screen name implies, I'm not from the UK... but I post at the UK board more than I do on the US side.... why? Because I love our British friends.

Family: Married to Susan (19 years on July 4th!) 2 daughters, Crystal who is 23 and on her own, and Olivia, who is 14.

Occupation: I am a tactical firearms instructor for a federal law enforcement agency. which means I teach our agents how to fight with guns. My background in firearms comes from having spent eight years in the Marines as a machinegunner.

Home town: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA... which is in Prince William County. The county is NOT named for your current Prince, but for the Prince William Augustus, the Duke of Comberland.

Favourite park: EPCOT. Hands down. We love pretty much everything about it. While my youngest prefers Future world, my wife and I love World Showcase... even if we are just walking around watching people.

Favourite resort: We haven't stayed on-site in quite a few years now (we bought into the Hilton Grand Vacation Club sveral years ago), but, our favorite on-site resort, comfort-wise, remains Coronado Springs!

Favourite attraction: Carousel Of Progress. I love so many of them, but this is my enduring favorite. Of course, I wish Disney would spend some time and money to update it.

Favourite restaurant: We have a new contender... Be Our Guest in the newly expanded Fantasyland is really great! We also love Cosmic Ray's, and Columbia Harbor House, in Magic Kingdom, and The "new" Italian restaurant in Italy at EPCOT. We also love the Japanese walk-up as well.

Hobbies: I design and make custom Mickey Mouse ear hats!

Favourite thing about Disney: Don't be silly. EVERYthing.
Hi , my hubby and son would just love your job !! They are planning on visiting the Orlando gun club when we holiday in October after seeing it on trip advisor . I might just check out the shops that day !
Shocking Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #163
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Hi all
Just said I would say hi as its first foray onto this side of the Dis. I'm a regular visitor to DLP. So thrilled to be planning for WDW.

Name: Kizzy

From: Ireland - hope its ok to post here as we don't have a forum but we are very close neighbours!

Family: DH (Shane - married a year, together 9! Not remotely into Disney or flying and so is rarely spotted in DLP but will never venture to WDW ) DD (Jemma - 7) > loves the less thrilling rides and a rainy day under the duvet with loads of Disney dvds!
DS (James - 4) > thrill lover, cried over being too short for ToT at DLP!
I must also mention my cousin Elaine as she comes on most of our trips and will be coming to WDW with us!

History: I've done 7 trips to DLP since 2010 (DH has been 3 times, DD 4 times, DS has been twice and my cousin has been 4 times) and we have one booked for October (Myself, DD and DS at SF) and May 2014 (Myself, Mom, DD and DS at the DLH).
This will be our 1st trip to WDW and originally I thought it would be May 2016 which is forever away but we tweaked some budgets and we can manage October 2015 for two weeks
I'm looking forward to researching and planning this holiday and getting all your great help and advice.

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #164
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Enjoy your planning Kizzy.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #165
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Enjoy your planning Kizzy.
Thanks Wayne! Studying the Unofficial Guide at the min. Its €10 very well spent

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: