Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #2941
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Ladies! Could one of you lovely ladies with an AP do me a favor and see if there is still availability at BC CL for May 15 - 20 with the AP discount???

I would really appreciate it!

Jen
That didn't copy right sorry. Yes BC CL all views available
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #2942
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Now what do I do?

Well after starting out planning on a POR stay booking a POR/BC split stay then moving it to an all BC stay we decided this year we are buying APs and ended up changing our BC standard room stay to BC Club Level! I think that's it. It has to be it as there is nowhere up to go from there for us-lol.

I've booked pretty much all of our ADRs and changed them up several times. We have our Pirates League booked and Albatross Cruise. I purchased some HUGE plush Disney characters and will be getting a couple playsets to ship down and have set up as an In Room Celebration gift for the kids. Have a cake order in mind but they don't like you to do those more than 3 weeks in advance.

So now what? I've been living and breathing Disney all day long since December when we first started planning things and now that it seems everything is set I don't know what to do with myself.

It's a little too early to be planning our April 2014 trip although I already have a few things in mind.

Guess I'm going to have to figure out how to sit back and relax for the next 3 months and wait for our vacation.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #2943
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
That didn't copy right sorry. Yes BC CL all views available
Thank you so much....
Old 02-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #2944
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Hi everyone! Just trying to catch up here. This thread certainly moves fast, but I enjoy reading through the threads and the pictures are great!!! DH surprised me by having a huge bouquet of flowers delivered to me at work on Thursday, needless to say I was very surprised!!! He's always making remarks that it's a "Hallmark Holiday" and the night before had asked me what I wanted, I told him nothing, do not get me anything! Well, I must say, I love the flowers!!!

It's a 3 day weekend for me, thank goodness!!!! I'm going to see if I can figure out how to use photo bucket.

Have a great day everyone!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 02-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #2945
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Melissa I don't think so. My moms cousin is possibly coming. If he is I can upgrade the room because he will pay towards it. If not I'm footing the entire bill and I can't go over budget like I usually do because I'm working less hours and won't be able to save as much. Hopefully I will book a few clients so I can use my commission towards vacation as well.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #2946
pas130
DIS Veteran

Popping in (I am at work) but I managed to have time to make quite a few calls and a NEW TICKER 2 nights at WDW (have NO idea where yet...but me thinks GF) then off to HRH CL and stopping at the beach on the way home...

Janet BFF what can I say...Sam she is beautiful

Ladies~thanks for the virtual wine

and to everyone...nice to see you actively planning sis...
Old 02-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #2947
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Popping in (I am at work) but I managed to have time to make quite a few calls and a NEW TICKER 2 nights at WDW (have NO idea where yet...but me thinks GF) then off to HRH CL and stopping at the beach on the way home...

Yay!!

Might be a few tweaks in my future too...
Old 02-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #2948
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Sorry I missed out on the last night. Sounds like you girls had fun!

Janet - I'm glad Sam had fun at the dance. She sure sounds like an amazing young lady.

pas - Yay for the Castle! You know CSR has that business class now. Sorta CLish, but much more afforable for the two room sitch.

Mousemommy - Congrats on the bonus and the winnings!

Jenny -

I'm trying to plan a quick weekend getaway for next month. It's our 10th anniversary and I'd like to do something special, but . All I keep coming up with is kiddo related ideas like Great Wolf Lodge or something. I wish I had the guts to leave them for a weekend. I'm such a wimp.

Hi to everybody else. Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #2949
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I had a fancy beer in a fancy glass -- but failed to take a pic of it! Doh. Next time, we need to plan our virtual RC Happy Hour.

P.S. (I also think Miss M was very thoughtful in sharing her germs with me ... I feel like I've been stranded on an iceberg. Brrrr. Took some nighttime meds, now it's time to warm up my footsicles on a certain, unsuspecting person's calves. )

G'night my pals!
I hope you don't get the full effects of it. I love I am not the only one who does that to their DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Wookie - don't tell your DH, but I kinda agree with him. TS do take a lot of time and when you pay that money for DxDP you feel like you want to maximize what you paid, so you eat A LOT and it does take a big chunk of park time away. I think your plans sound good to spend the money on luggage and Comic Con tix. Hope you got some rest last night

Oh boy, Sarah is having a tantrum, I'll post this and be back latter.

Melissa
He didn't want to do it last time, because he thought it would be too much food. The thing is, he had lap band several years ago, and he just felt like he was a stuffed pig the entire time. When he put it that way, I agreed to not do the DlxDDP. Maybe when just the two of us go, and I want to do a signature dinner every night, we'll do it again. The DH thinks it took about 2 to 3 hours per meal last time. It wouldn't be a big deal, if we get to the parks a couple of times a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
It's a 3 day weekend for me, thank goodness!!!! I'm going to see if I can figure out how to use photo bucket.

Have a great day everyone!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
We have one this weekend as well. I just have to finish my major project for my legal and ethical issues class by Sunday at midnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I'm trying to plan a quick weekend getaway for next month. It's our 10th anniversary and I'd like to do something special, but . All I keep coming up with is kiddo related ideas like Great Wolf Lodge or something. I wish I had the guts to leave them for a weekend. I'm such a wimp.

Hi to everybody else. Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Happy early 10th anniversary!! We haven't gotten away without the kids since out 10th. I think it's good for couples to be able to do that every once in a while. I worked with a woman that I think did it too often, though. Her mom picked up the kids from day care (the one we worked at) every Friday and brought them in every Monday, so they could have the weekends without the kids. If you have someone willing to watch the kids, then y'all should do something special.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #2950
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Jeanette No more Poly? No more Nov? No more F&W?

That's ok I been looking at late Oct again

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #2951
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I hope you don't get the full effects of it. I love I am not the only one who does that to their DH.

He didn't want to do it last time, because he thought it would be too much food. The thing is, he had lap band several years ago, and he just felt like he was a stuffed pig the entire time. When he put it that way, I agreed to not do the DlxDDP. Maybe when just the two of us go, and I want to do a signature dinner every night, we'll do it again. The DH thinks it took about 2 to 3 hours per meal last time. It wouldn't be a big deal, if we get to the parks a couple of times a year.

We have one this weekend as well. I just have to finish my major project for my legal and ethical issues class by Sunday at midnight.

Happy early 10th anniversary!! We haven't gotten away without the kids since out 10th. I think it's good for couples to be able to do that every once in a while. I worked with a woman that I think did it too often, though. Her mom picked up the kids from day care (the one we worked at) every Friday and brought them in every Monday, so they could have the weekends without the kids. If you have someone willing to watch the kids, then y'all should do something special.
Our 10th was last June, and we dropped the kids off for a sleepover at a friends house and we went down to Foxwoods for the night. We stayed at the MGM Grand, which was pretty nice. Even though it was just a night, it was nice to get away, especially for a milestone like the tenth.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #2952
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Sounds like a good compromise.

Quote:
Good luck!

Quote:
That's the problem. We really don't have options that we feel good about for leaving them overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Our 10th was last June, and we dropped the kids off for a sleepover at a friends house and we went down to Foxwoods for the night. We stayed at the MGM Grand, which was pretty nice. Even though it was just a night, it was nice to get away, especially for a milestone like the tenth.
Sounds like it was great!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #2953
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette No more Poly? No more Nov? No more F&W?

That's ok I been looking at late Oct again
As long as you stay until the 27th!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #2954
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Ok I seriously win the meathead award. I booked a second cabin on our cruise (or should I say tried to?). I was having serious issues getting connecting cabins. I couldn't do it online so I called for help. The guy couldn't access my reservation because it said I was still signed into it (apparently only one of you can be signed in). I call back about an hour later and the lady is having the same problem as I was having. She puts me on hold for a while so she can investigate further.... Guess what the outcome was. I booked the second cabin on a different cruise. So she gets it switched to the correct boat and we now have connecting 4B staterooms on the 8th deck!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #2955
babyberger
DIS Veteran

It's been a long day of baking and cooking, but I did manage a catnap this afternoon so that helped.

Now I officially declare Happy Hour started....

i_heart - we weren't able to get away for our 10th either, like you we didn't have anyone we felt comfortable with.

Wookie - I think using the DxDP for signatures is the way to go, and obviously that would be best with just the two of you.

Jeanette - sounds like you got your compromise, have you decided where you are going to stay in WDW yet

Dani - hopefully your mom's cousin will come and help out with the costs, or better yet you get some nice big commission checks soon

DznyCrzy - how sweet of DH of send you flowers I know a lot of people prefer photobucket, but I prefer Flickr to upload photos for posting.

Jen - so what tweaking have you done?

Hope everyone else is having a great start to the weekend!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: