Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
mjmcnns
Earning My Ears

Napa lodging recommendations?

Hello - My fiancee and I are considering a cross-California wide trip (sort of) for our Honeymoon that will go from Napa to Anaheim. I was wondering if some of the local experts might be able to shed some light on great places to stay in Napa. The trip will be in mid/late November, if time of year has any bearing on your ideas. Cost isn't a huge factor, but I would say that the really upper tier places are less likely.
mjmcnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
rms123
Mouseketeer

Are you set on Napa? We much prefer the Sonoma Valley side. Better, less touristy wineries, less crowded, etc. Over there, I like Applewood Inn, Sonoma Orchid Inn, Farmhouse Inn, Hotel Healdsburg.

If it needs to be the Napa side, the Napa Valley Lodge, Bardessono (friends have stayed here and liked it), and at a better price, the Best Western in Calistoga (Stayed here quite a while back so I don't know if it is still nice).
rms123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Google the Four Sisters Inns -- there are properties throughout California, including Napa and Sonoma. We have friends who honeymooned at several Four Sisters inns. I think there is a special deal if you stay at more than one inn during a specified time frame.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Be aware that, while it's called Napa Valley, the city of Napa is at the very southern end of it, and rather built up. The valley stretches from there to Calistoga. The towns of Yountville and St. Helena are more in the middle of the wine country there. Personally, I like staying in Calistoga. Cute little town with natural geothermal springs. If you look around and splurge a little, you can get a room with the hot spring water piped in to an in-room spa. But, as we found out, the natural geothermal water has a high sulfur content. Rotten egg smell in the room - phew! There are also mud baths and natural spas in town; you can pay for the full treatment.

Agree that Sonoma Valley is a nice alternative. More laid back than most of Napa Valley (other than Calistoga).

-Bob

ETA - Of course, if you really want to splurge, there's always the Silverado Resort in Napa. Plush!

Last edited by GrandBob; 02-11-2013 at 10:54 AM.
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #5
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Try the Meritage, very nice, they often have specials and you usually get some discounted tasting coupons for staying there. They have an on-site spa, a good restaurant and the rooms are quite nice.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
bcla
DIS Veteran

No specifics, but the area has a lot of bed and breakfasts.

If you're on a budget, the actual city of Napa or American Canyon may be less expensive, but they're sort of the population centers of Napa County and not really the wine country per se. However, if you're in Napa, the Oxbow Public Market is actually quite nice.
bcla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Cottage Grove Inn in Calistoga - we LOVE it!!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

We visited Napa over the summer and stayed at the Napa Valley Lodge in Yountville. Great location, nice hotel, and a good value compared to other options in Yountville. We visited Napa proper one day and couldn't get out of there fast enough. Yountville is a much slower pace, and of course, you can't beat the food

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
deej696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #9
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

Right staying in Yountville or Healdsburg near the square means you can walk to and from dinner. Very nice if you like wine with dinner.

We usually stay a week in Napa at a time share place called Riverpointe Napa Valley. Near a walking trail along the river, about a mile from downtown, cutest bungalow type trailers with kitchens and the most comfortable beds. Pretty reasonable on Orbitz etc.

Last time we stayed 3 nights at Camelia Inn in Healdsburg too. Very central and very nice with amazing breakfasts. It was about $250 a night. If you go there, eat at Scopa!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #10
lablady
Mouseketeer

The Vintage Inn in Yountville is very beautiful! I worked there years ago and everyone loved the property. I was a poor college student and couldn't afford to stay there, but the rooms are amazing and it's very close to excellent restaurants and vineyards.

<Shawna>
lablady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: