Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #1
Danny K
Mouseketeer

Do you think I chose good Epcot TS restaurants?

I am doing last minute changes before I make ADR's for my trip. I have thought of each place, and found reasons why not, and why, and then I came down to marrakesh and san angel inn. They are both for dinner, and we are 3 adults and 2 kids (9 and 13)

I will tell you my reasons why not for the other restaurants, and if you disagree with my reasons, or still think I should change some thing please let me know.

Le Cellier: 2 credits, small portions, can get steak anywhere

Rose & Crown: not a fan of british food, and go to the UK it self a lot

Chefs de France: herd too many bad reviews of this place about food and service, and also small portions

Monsieur Paul: 2 credits, menu doesn't appeal to my family

Marrakesh: I chose this one because its hard to find Moroccan food around here, and I love the royal or marrakesh feast, in facet does anyone know if you can get those on the regular DDP?

Teppan Edo: Sitting in groups, menu doesn't appeal to me, and I have a good japanese place where I live

Tokyo Dining: Same as Teppan Edo, just not sitting in groups

Tutto Italia: Can get Italian food anywhere, small portions

Via Napoli: To small pizza, cannot get large or mezzo metro for 1 person on DDP.

Biergarten: sitting in groups, buffet menu doesn't appeal to us.

Nine Dragons: herd bad reviews, and have good chinese place in my home town.

Akershus: Have CRT ADR's, menu doesn't appeal to me.

La Hacienda de San Angel: I think San Angel Inn has better food, also not as romantic as san angel inn.

San Angel Inn: I chose this because, even though I have mexican in my hometown, this seems so much better, and while waiting for food, you can watch the boat pass by, food appeals to me, huge portions, and romantic atmosphere. Does anyone know if you can climb the pyramid inside San Angel Inn?

So do you think I made good choices? Please tell me if you disagree with something I stated, or you think I should still switch?
Danny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
delgrec
Mouseketeer

I personally think you chose well but I am guessing there will be dissenting opinions. We love San Angel. I just made our reservations and we originally didn't have San Angel because we wanted to try something new. At the last minute I switche because we love it so much. The atmosphere is amazing. We chose lunch though because it will be a super got summer day and thought it would be nice to cool off in that atmosphere with the dark and the water and everything.

We also enjoyed Marrakesh when we went a few trips back. This time we chose coral reef. I know that gets bad reviews but we have always enjoyed our meals there am the kids love it.
delgrec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Love the San Angel Inn! Good Choice!
But you can't climb the pyramid!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I am doing last minute changes before I make ADR's for my trip. I have thought of each place, and found reasons why not, and why, and then I came down to marrakesh and san angel inn. They are both for dinner, and we are 3 adults and 2 kids (9 and 13)

I will tell you my reasons why not for the other restaurants, and if you disagree with my reasons, or still think I should change some thing please let me know.

Le Cellier: 2 credits, small portions, can get steak anywhere

Rose & Crown: not a fan of british food, and go to the UK it self a lot

Chefs de France: herd too many bad reviews of this place about food and service, and also small portions

Monsieur Paul: 2 credits, menu doesn't appeal to my family

Marrakesh: I chose this one because its hard to find Moroccan food around here, and I love the royal or marrakesh feast, in facet does anyone know if you can get those on the regular DDP?

Teppan Edo: Sitting in groups, menu doesn't appeal to me, and I have a good japanese place where I live

Tokyo Dining: Same as Teppan Edo, just not sitting in groups

Tutto Italia: Can get Italian food anywhere, small portions

Via Napoli: To small pizza, cannot get large or mezzo metro for 1 person on DDP.

Biergarten: sitting in groups, buffet menu doesn't appeal to us.

Nine Dragons: herd bad reviews, and have good chinese place in my home town.

Akershus: Have CRT ADR's, menu doesn't appeal to me.

La Hacienda de San Angel: I think San Angel Inn has better food, also not as romantic as san angel inn.

San Angel Inn: I chose this because, even though I have mexican in my hometown, this seems so much better, and while waiting for food, you can watch the boat pass by, food appeals to me, huge portions, and romantic atmosphere. Does anyone know if you can climb the pyramid inside San Angel Inn?

So do you think I made good choices? Please tell me if you disagree with something I stated, or you think I should still switch?
San Angel is our favorite place to eat at WDW. I think it's a great choice. But no, you can't climb the pyramid. It's a mockup, not even very high. If you do the ride in Mexico, you'll go right by it and see it's not big at all.

I can say Teppan Edo, however, is really good. It's a must-stop for us. We're not group sitters either, but with a party of your size you'd probably have a couple sit with you and that's not typically so bad. As the couple who gets seated with the larger party, sometime it can ruin the experience if you're seated with twerps.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
newdeal
DIS Veteran

Surf and turf at rose and crown is the best dish in disney for the price.
newdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

I think if you chose menus that appeal to you then you made good choices! I've never eaten at San Angel, but it's on my list the next time I go. I've always wanted to eat there.

KristinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
MissyMouse80
Earning My Ears

The Garden Grill is amazing in The Land pavilion.
Old Key West - 05/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge 11/11 Coronado Springs - 11/11
Corondado Springs -03/12 Fantasy Cruise - 03/12 Beach Club 12/12 Port Orleans French Quarter - 12/12
Bay Lake Tower 4/13 Vero Beach 5/13 Wilderness Lodge 5/13 Grand Californian 7/13 Boardwalk 10/13 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/13
Disney Magic 2/14
[/url]

MissyMouse80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: