Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #76
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampCorp View Post
I have not received an email, but I have not given you mine The system will not let me message you- can you message me and Ill reply with the addtl info?
I have added your info to the FE list. Will send out a new email shortly. Until then here is the online link. FE LIST updated 04/03/2013

Thanks,
Julie

Disney Wonder Alaska August 10, 2015
Disney Dream Bahamas July 13, 2014
Disney Magic Galvastan Apr 16, 2013
Disney Dream Bahamas Aug 16,2011
Disney Wonder Alaska June 7, 2011
Disney Magic Baltic Cruise 2010
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 2008
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2007
Disney Magic Eastern Carribbean 2005
Disney Magic Western Carribbean 2004, 2006

Last edited by jarudinski; 04-03-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Updated FE List
jarudinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #77
TheOwensFamily
Earning My Ears

We are in Little Elm, very close to Frisco if you know where that is My sister is in haltom city though! How old are your kiddos?!

I will look into the FE bag...I just didnt want to drop $50 on something we wont use again probably...

Also will look into the magnets this weekend!
TheOwensFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #78
CampCorp
Sailing Away April 16, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOwensFamily
We are in Little Elm, very close to Frisco if you know where that is My sister is in haltom city though! How old are your kiddos?!

I will look into the FE bag...I just didnt want to drop $50 on something we wont use again probably...

Also will look into the magnets this weekend!
We are coming from Prosper, we're neighbors my son will be turning 5 on the trip.

I made his FE bag out of felt sheets from hobby lobby, it's super cute and didnt cost much!

Michelle
CampCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #79
Ptelang
Earning My Ears

Hi! We are first time cruisers! We are extremely excited and so is our 4.5 yr old son!
Ptelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #80
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptelang View Post
Hi! We are first time cruisers! We are extremely excited and so is our 4.5 yr old son!
Welcome!

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #81
Ptelang
Earning My Ears

Thanks!! So, being totally new I have a few questions. We booked our cruise through Expedia and don't have a stateroom number yet as it is a guarantee room. Anyone else used Expedia? What has been your experience with this?

Also, we would love to do the fish extenders but how do we do that w/o a room number?

Any special advice for first timers?

Thanks!!! So excited!!!!
Ptelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #82
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks!! So, being totally new I have a few questions. We booked our cruise through Expedia and don't have a stateroom number yet as it is a guarantee room. Anyone else used Expedia? What has been your experience with this?
Welcome

Never used expedia before, but they should have given you a reservation number. You use this to log into disney's website to do the online checkin and excursions. Since it is past the booking window, you should be able to book your excursions as long as you are PIF (paid in Full). You will also see on the reservation if your stateroom has been assigned yet, I don't think they send any notice out once hey assign it (never used a GTY room, always picked the room so I am not sure here) so I would just keep checking the website.

To join the FE .. Just send me a PM or send an email at julie@thecoyotesden.net or post the info on here to sign up for the FE and then let me know as soon as you get your room number and I will update the list. The details needed can be found in this thread FE Signup Details

Quote:
Any special advice for first timers? Thanks!!! So excited!!!!
There is a lot of info on the boards, so I would start by looking through the forum. I love the passporter books they are wonderful. I am not sure if they cover the Galveston cruises yet as this is a newer cruise, but they do have a lot of info, so you might be able to find an older/used one for cheap =). But most importantly .. have fun =)

If you think of any specific questions .. please be sure to aske. There seem to be a lot of first timers on this cruise But there are a few repeat cruisers on here that can answer your questions =).

Julie

Old 02-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #83
Kathyfaul
Earning My Ears

Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarudinski View Post
There is not a boutique on board. The last time we were on the Magic, back in 2010, they did a princess makeover for the kids. They closed down the Mickey Mates shop early and allowed the girls (2 at a time, get makeovers.) However this was in Russia on the night of the ballet and princess excursions, so I am guessing this was a one of a time occurance and not a new feature on the ship. This is also something they most likely will not offer on a 4 night cruise. There are a few offerings for mini manicures for pre-teens offered in the spa. They usually have hair braiding services offered ob the top decks.

When my daughters were younger they enjoyed dressing up. They got lots of extra attention at dinner and from the princesses. So this is really not out of the norm to see kids in princess dresses and pirate gear during pirate night.

We have done fishe extenders on our last 2 cruises. The kids love them and keep asking me if we are doing them again this year. My older daughter (14) wants to help me make something, since I am kinda crafty and enjoy making gifts. But I have not seen any mention yet. Maybe that is due to so many firest timers on board, so I will explain it and if that is someone folks are interested in I will be glad to manage it.

Basically a fe (fish extender) exchange is a small gift exchange. Those who chose to particpate are assigned a night (or some prefer to give anytime during the cruise) and leave a small trinket/gift to the other participants. The gifts can be store bought or hand made. There is a huge variety of want can be given, we have recieved things such as stickers & candy. As well as location gifts, such as a bottle of sand from the florida folks, small bottles of rum and tobasco. Picture frames, notepads, ornaments, magnets for the door. The list goes on and on (There are several threads dedicated to gift ideas). You can give gifts as Kids only, Adults Only, whole family, each individual. The opions vary as much as the gifts. The idea is mainly to have fun as it is not meant to cause to much stress of worry.

Julie
I would be interested in doing the fish extender.
Kathyfaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #84
Kathyfaul
Earning My Ears

I would be interested in doing the fish extender. How does this work?
Old 02-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #85
Kathyfaul
Earning My Ears

I am also interested.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #86
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyfaul View Post
I would be interested in doing the fish extender. How does this work?
Hi there To signup for the FE, please either PM or email me your information. Please see the following post for what is needed http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=63. I will create another post shortly with all the instructions incase others have questions, I can just refer them all to one post. =).

Julie

Old 02-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #87
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

FE Rules

Since I have quite a few folks asking, I am going to try and have one thread with all the FE info. I will update this post if I forget to cover something

To signup: You can post, PM jarudinski or email julie@thecoyotesden.net the following information. Family Name (last name)
*DISname:
Email
*Cabin #
* # in party
* # of Adults
Ages
* # of each genger (adults)
*# of children
Ages
* # of each gender (kids)
celebrating any special occasion, first time, additional notes, etc.

I will keep an online version which you can access here ...FE LIST updated 04/03/2013

For those that do not yet have staterooms assigned, I will leave that blank and you can email me the # as soon as you get them. If anyone gets upgraded at the port just let me know once you get onboard and I will post a list of cabin changes on my stateroom door.

Rules: It is pretty simple. You can make or buy a gift for the cabin. You only give 1 gift per cabin per cruise. You can choose to give multiple gifts if you so desire. You can give either a gift for the cabin, a gift for the individuals, a gift for the kids, a gift for the adults .. The possibilities are endless. Please be aware however, not all cabins have kids so just make sure every cabin gets something =).

You drop off the gifts in the FE sometime during the cruise. The gifts can either have your name on them or be completly anonomous .. your choice.

The most important thing is to have fun with this =)

To Be considerate of those making gifts and for travel times, we do need to have a cutoff date. I am thinkin April 1st. We can do this earlier if everyone desires.

Door Magnets: Here are some l inks to some door magnet threads. I will add more as I see them
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...02&postcount=1

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I will keep this post updated to have all the information consolidated in one place for reference and new comers =)

Julie

Last edited by jarudinski; 04-03-2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Added links for door magnets
Old 02-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #88
cturner0628
Earning My Ears

This will be my family's first Disney cruise! I am so excited but totally lost. I have a few friends who have gone who talk about trading gift items with other cabins, decorating their doors, etc.... anyone have any advice for a first timer?? Really looking forward to this trip for my 3 and 10 year old - want to make the most out of it.
cturner0628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #89
cturner0628
Earning My Ears

I want to sign up to do the gift exchange...but I am totally new at this. Do I post here?? Please let me know what info you need from me. Thank you.
cturner0628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #90
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cturner0628 View Post
I want to sign up to do the gift exchange...but I am totally new at this. Do I post here?? Please let me know what info you need from me. Thank you.
Welcome aboard. =) For the fishe exchane either post here, PM jarudinski or email me at julie@thecoyotesden.net. Whatever you feel comfortable with =). I need the information found in this thread .... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=87

Once I have your information I will update the spreadsheet. The Spreadsheet link in the post above will b e kept current and I try to send weekly updates via email if I have you email address.

You will also find a link to the Mickey ears door magnets. There are many other doormagnet threads. Do a search and/or look under the Creative Disigns thread.

I have founf the passporter cruise travel books a great source of information. They update it yearly for the latest excursion/port information. It may yet be to early for the Galveston cruises, so you may be able to get an older book for a discounted price as it still has a lot of useful information.

There are too many tips/ideas for one thread, but if you do a search you will find lots of info on this board for tips and first time cruisers.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask =). There are a lot of first time cruisers on this thread but there are a couple of veteran cruisers here as well that should be able to help out.

Julie

Last edited by jarudinski; 03-04-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: