Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
CPA_ESQ.
Mouseketeer

Photo Connect Information

Just got back from IOA/ US this weekend.

Was walking out of MIB and noticed a new sign that said something like ask about adding photo connect to your annual pass. So I asked and the manager told me for $37 I could add photo connect to my AP and receive all of the pictures in the park uploaded to the photo connect site for me to download.

- This includes pictures taken by the photographers in the park
- Excludes Rip Rocket and Potter pictures (on the rides only)
- You get a photo card with your account info on it, or can use your AP bar code
- I got home yesterday and downloaded the pictures today we had about 50 pictures and they were all great quality.
- you receive one free 3x5 print

Overall this was a great deal for us. We spent 2-3 days finding all the photo spots and having them take our pictures, morning, sunset, in the rides, around the park - What a great deal

The woman said this package used to cost $85 but they recently lowered the price to under $40!!!!

Just wanted to let everyone else know about this.

Last edited by Metro West; 08-17-2013 at 10:00 PM.
CPA_ESQ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 AM   #2
idgy
Mouseketeer

Thank you for that info! We plan on signing up for that. We love making crazy faces on the ride photos but don't want to spend an arm and a leg to buy them...this way we can get as many as we want!

Are you going to post any of your pix? I'd love to see some!
idgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

That's great to know. We will add it this next trip.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

Still going on?

Does anyone know if this is still going on?

TIA!!

July 2006 DD6 & I ASMO,OKW,BWV
Dec. 2007 DD B-day Trip POR
Nov. 2010 Set Sail on the Wonder!!
March 2013 AoA
kimkarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkarli View Post
Does anyone know if this is still going on?

TIA!!
I think it's still going for $39. I did not pay attention to it today in the parks, but I did use ours a lot.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #6
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how much it costs for photo connect if you don't have an annual pass? We ended up purchasing it towards the end of our trip last year but it was all very confusing.

August 2012: Highlands Reserve ~ August 2013: High Grove ~
October 2013: DLRP Hotel Cheyenne
~ October 2014: WDW Art of Animation?

newlittleminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
muffyn
"hmmm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlittleminnie View Post
Does anyone know how much it costs for photo connect if you don't have an annual pass? We ended up purchasing it towards the end of our trip last year but it was all very confusing.

$49.
i found this out 2 days AGO...... WISH I KNEW THIS a week ago. dang. somehow i missed this subject on this board. & i have an annual pass!!!
could have had a gazillion pics.
we never buy pics except the occasional one, from miB. well went to buy that & they told me of the offer.

shoot if they would have told me about the annual passholders discount. i would have pounced. oh well.. next trip is in 2 years.

btw anyone know what the most pics they ever had on one of these? & what the length of time they can span for?
muffyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I have to go through our receipts, but we are AP holders and it was more than $36. And the TM told me that the next day it was going up by $10 even for AP holders. I'll check receipts later (just realized one of our ride photos wasn't automatically put on the account so I ahve to go through them anyway) but I know it was over 40. We were just there the 10th to the 12th by the way.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #9
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I have to go through our receipts, but we are AP holders and it was more than $36. And the TM told me that the next day it was going up by $10 even for AP holders. I'll check receipts later (just realized one of our ride photos wasn't automatically put on the account so I ahve to go through them anyway) but I know it was over 40. We were just there the 10th to the 12th by the way.
Subbin' to see how much it is now...kinda a shame it's not on Rocket-n-Potter though.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeev View Post
Subbin' to see how much it is now...kinda a shame it's not on Rocket-n-Potter though.
It is on FJ now, though. Newly added!

And the one missing is HRRR, which the TM definitely indicated should be put onto my account/card. It's just not. They gave me receipts with numbers on them each time I went on a ride with a photo, so I have to find that one and enter it, see what happens. Hope I didn't lose that one!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

Yes, please let us know how much it is now for AP holders. I am so excited to hear that it includes FJ now!!

March 2013 AoA
Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #12
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Found my receipts.

Annual Pass Package: 39.95 plus 2.60 tax = $42.55 on 2/10/13. I've remembered better now; a TM the following day said that it had just gone up by $10 that day, meaning I bought it just before a price increase.

I don't know if that is true or not, but it's what a TM told me.

It does now include Forbidden Journey, and I just found my slip from HRRR. It didn't work when I went to universalphotoconnect.com (which takes you to photoconnect.amazingpictures.com), but I used the exact same login I had created for that website over on hrrr.amazingpictures.com (the website given on the download retrieval code slip) and my HRRR picture showed up available to download at no cost, so it's included, too.

The two rides that were most newly added I can honestly say gave me the WORST pictures. Maybe someday I'll be strong enough to post them.

I don't know if it's new or not, but they also give an 8x10 print with the AP package. They initially just gave me a plain print of Spiderman alone (this was done at the Spiderman ride, which, confusingly does NOT have an actual RIDE picture they told me), but said I could trade it out until I found an 8x10 I really wanted. Thankfully, we went from there over to meet Spidey, and I got a great shot of the kidlet with Spiderman, which Spidey then signed. Yay.

ETA, with the AP package you can also get a personalized picture on the card. We chose our picture on the bridge with Hogwarts in the background, a nice family shot. We did that at the MIB photo place, but we didn't have to use the MIB shot.

I do have to say it's awfully confusing. It's not automatic like at WDW; the pictures are uploaded through the day as the photographers do it manually, and then a TM at a photo place has to add in stuff like ride surroundings, or the "magic" things, like Woody Woodpecker lying on the ground as we point at him. To have that done you do have to go at the end of the day to a photo shop so they can do it. I didn't do that for one at the entrance to IOA, so we have an otherwise REALLY nice picture of us putting our hands out, with nothing in our hands. I don't even know what was supposed to be there.

Last edited by bumbershoot; 02-23-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

Thanks Bumbershoot!!! I hope the TM was mistaken and it is still 39.99 and not 49.99, but will probably get it either way!

March 2013 AoA
Old 06-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #14
MomToPirate&Princess
Mouseketeer

Pics without borders

If we order the Universal Photopass can you get the pictures without fancy borders/dates etc? We have gotten the Disney Photopass before and you have the option of adding borders or no borders. Usually I prefer no borders and was curious before buying the Universal version if you could save/print pictures at home with no borders.
Thanks.
MomToPirate&Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #15
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran

We purchased the AP PhotoConnect last Aug. used it again in April. An awesome deal.

Now they also have a deal where for $25 you can have every picture taken in a 5 day period printed as a 5 x 7. We ended up with over 85 prints. The downloads are also still included, this is just an extra option.

And I tended to stop several times a day and have my photos edited. Saved time at the end of the day as well as avoided the lines.

And yes, for your downloads (and prints) you get the original picture plus any extras. For instance you would get a picture with your hands empty. Then one holding Woody, and if you want, holding a dragon, etc. one photo, several edits.

Hint: try and have a girl edit your pictures if you want them to be creative, etc. they seem to just be better at editing the pictures. And no, I am not a sexist - a TM actually told me this

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: