Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 01:35 AM   #1
diddldonna
DIS Veteran

Virgin flight vs15 delays?

I am checking the virgin Atlantic app and it says that the vs15 was 80
Minutes late yesturday and going to be 155 late today? Anyway of finding out why and the likelihood of my flight being delayed on Monday.

Past WDW Vacations: 2013 OKW, 2010 OKW, 2007 ASM, 2005 ASM, 2004 off site.
diddldonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
queendisney
DIS Veteran

very likely!!! We have NEVER EVER left on time with VA! Last September we left 3 hours late and the year before 2 hours! Also they took us off the early flight and put us on the later flight. I thought it was just because we were going off peak and the planes were empty-ish and they were combining the flight, but no..the early flight took off on time with somebody else sitting in the seats we'd booked and we took off several hours later on the later flight which was also late!!!

Another time they took our allocated captain and co for another flight to Barbados as their captain was ill. It then took them a good few hours to get in another crew from standby so we took off a few hours late again...The Barbados flight was as good as on time!

So good luck...

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.

Last edited by queendisney; 02-16-2013 at 05:16 AM.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #3
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

I wouldn't worry, often when there is a delay they will maket up in the sky. I am not convinced I have ever flown on time long haul but have landed early/on time/made up a chunk of time in the air

Nothing you can do it about so its not worth stressing, you are on your way to disney!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:28 AM   #4
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

On the opposite to the above post We have never been delayed but saying that the gatwick flight was 3 hrs delayed. Im going in 52 days and u watch we will be delayed now. Lol
Going on the 11.15 flight so will be getting in earlier. After reading ur post I will prepare for a delay lol
Old 02-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
On the opposite to the above post We have never been delayed but saying that the gatwick flight was 3 hrs delayed. Im going in 52 days and u watch we will be delayed now. Lol
Going on the 11.15 flight so will be getting in earlier. After reading ur post I will prepare for a delay lol
We just sort of expect it now and take it in our stride..our 3 hours was the worst its been (last year) especially as it was the later flight anyway as it meant we really did just arrive at Orlando and basically go to bed as opposed to going out. If they hadn't moved us off the flight on a previous trip to that we would have been on time.

But hey ho better late then not at all...!

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
diddldonna
DIS Veteran

I have flown the same route 4 times and never been delayed but have always been on the earlier flight. This time we went for later flight due to big price difference. What will happen is going to happen, I am just curious to know why it's a delay on the later flight only.

Past WDW Vacations: 2013 OKW, 2010 OKW, 2007 ASM, 2005 ASM, 2004 off site.
diddldonna is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: