Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
gweninwb
Earning My Ears

Speculative FD and ticket purchase question

I am starting to plan my October 2014 Disney vacation. I know it's a bit early but I had a question about purchasing a moderate hotel package in (hopeful) anticipation of free dining being offered. My question is...to get the free dining deal must one purchase park tickets for each day/night they are staying? We are going to stay 7 nights but spend the last two days at Universal. Thanks for your input!
gweninwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

In the past year or two, you had to purchase a minimum of 2 day MYW tickets with the free dining promotions. There's no way of knowing for sure if that'll increase or not but I personally doubt it.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweninwb View Post
I am starting to plan my October 2014 Disney vacation. I know it's a bit early but I had a question about purchasing a moderate hotel package in (hopeful) anticipation of free dining being offered. My question is...to get the free dining deal must one purchase park tickets for each day/night they are staying? We are going to stay 7 nights but spend the last two days at Universal. Thanks for your input!
You would have to have 2 separate reservations. The first would be your dining package for 5 nights, then room only for the last 2 nights. You would have to check in a second time, and there is a small chance you would have to change rooms. It is easy as pie to do!
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
You would have to have 2 separate reservations. The first would be your dining package for 5 nights, then room only for the last 2 nights. You would have to check in a second time, and there is a small chance you would have to change rooms. It is easy as pie to do!
Why would they need 2 different reservations? They can have a 7-night stay with DDP and only a 5-day ticket. It just means they'll have to plan their meals around their days at Universal so they don't have credits left when they leave.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
Why would they need 2 different reservations? They can have a 7-night stay with DDP and only a 5-day ticket. It just means they'll have to plan their meals around their days at Universal so they don't have credits left when they leave.
That is why I was thinking they would need two reservations. So they didn't have to try and plan to use up all the credits. They could always book some multiple credit meals or do two meals a day while at WDW, but using those credits on days they go to Universal would be a pain. Not to mention they would then be limited to resort meals on those days where they don't have a park pass.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They can do some 2 credit meals to use up those credits...less problematic than moving. It's assumed they want to continue to stay at wdw and go to Universal from there. I'd suggest they look into a Universal resort for the last 2 days though.

And there isn't anything wrong with eating at resorts...many of the resort restaurants are better than the park ones.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: