Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #1306
LiseG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyKThompson View Post
No . . . It was a big and unpleasant surprise to me that ANYTHING at the bar has a charge.
I had assumed "there is a charge for drinks from the bar" meant alcohol and that virgin versions would be free. (well, included in cruise fare- certainly NOT free)

NO- ANYTHING at the bar (even stuff that's free elsewhere- soft drinks, smoothies, drinks both "leaded" and "unleaded"-) incurs a charge with automatic 15% gratuity.
Here's something I didn't know until we read about it on the DIS before our our 4th cruise... DCL is the only lines I'm aware of that allows guests to bring their own alcohol on board (to consume in private). Wine, beer and hard liquor are all OK. You may also bring your bottle of wine to dinner and simply pay a $20 corkage fee.

We're partial to Vanilla Rum and Coke. We generally stop in Orlando on the way to the ship. Last cruise our cabin attendant noticed the bottle and magically a bucket of ice appeared.

Alcohol purchased in duty-free is not available to consume on board. It is delivered to your cabin in time for packing.

Respect the policy and we can continue to enjoy this unique DCL privilege FAQs Preparing for your cruise - Alcohol onboard policy

Magic 4-Day Cozumel only - Sept 2004 (Booked as 7-Day Eastern - Thanks Hurricane Francis) . . . . . . . Magic 7-Day Western - Sept 2009 (Ms. Mary's Wedding)
Magic 7-Day Semi-Western - Sept 2005 (Booked Eastern again - went West due to Hurricane Rita) . . .Wonder 7-Day Pacific Coast PIXAR- Sept 2012
Magic 7-Day Eastern - Halloween 2006 (Finally made it to Eastern!) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy 7-Day Western - Sept 2014 (20th Anniversary)
LiseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #1307
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryCam View Post
Darn. I thought it was 1 per person.
We leave in 4 weeks and I have 3 things to sign.
I'll ask and if they say no, I'll be prepared to take one away.
Rules are rules.
Definitely ask. When I was on the Wonder this summer, I brought our two items to the desk and asked how many items were allowed and I was told *three* items were allowed per cabin. (I still only had two items though.)

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 AM   #1308
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisSarahK

Definitely ask. When I was on the Wonder this summer, I brought our two items to the desk and asked how many items were allowed and I was told *three* items were allowed per cabin. (I still only had two items though.)
They are pretty lenient. They just don't want people coming in with towns of stuff. 2-3 items is the standard but they will allow more especially if you have more guest in your room.
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #1309
LDevereaux
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellensfamily
Hi there

I would like to go to GS when we get on the ship becuz we need to at least TRY for a cabana, and there are none left online

Is GS the place where I shd be going when I get on the ship or should I be going somewhere different? I welcome any aid..
Thnks
Ellen
I think my friend is cruising with you. Your name looks familiar because we are doing our FE gifts together and I saw her list. Are you on the Dream Feb 24th? Anyways, they want a cabana too but they are sold out online. I would check GS first thing when you board. Did you get an early arrival time? You can choose your boarding time.
LDevereaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #1310
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDevereaux View Post
I think my friend is cruising with you. Your name looks familiar because we are doing our FE gifts together and I saw her list. Are you on the Dream Feb 24th? Anyways, they want a cabana too but they are sold out online. I would check GS first thing when you board. Did you get an early arrival time? You can choose your boarding time.
Hello--- yes I am on the Dream on the 24th! I actually was able to secure a cabana through shoreside concierge services. So grateful!

We shd all have fun!

Ellen

Dream 2/24/13
ellensfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #1311
LDevereaux
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellensfamily

Hello--- yes I am on the Dream on the 24th! I actually was able to secure a cabana through shoreside concierge services. So grateful!

We shd all have fun!

Ellen
Oh, that's great! I will let her know. She is traveling with 2 children (one is infant) and really wanted the cabana for shade. Hopefully she can get one too. Who did you call?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #1312
LDevereaux
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDevereaux

Oh, that's great! I will let her know. She is traveling with 2 children (one is infant) and really wanted the cabana for shade. Hopefully she can get one too. Who did you call?
Nevermind, I found it online. Thanks again!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #1313
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlee

You can also do t-shirts, picture frames, canvas totes, hats and just about anything else that is sign able.
Question... You just take colored sharpie markers with? And how do the items wash, like say you had a shirt signed or a tote? Does it fade?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #1314
buddywesley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

AFAIK, it's 2 items (total) per room. Unless you have 3 (or 4) kids in the one room, then it's 1 item per kid in room.

That being said, there have been reports here that people have had 1 item per person in room signed recently.
We were just on the NYE Fantasy cruise (that was sold out) With the larger ships we were told only 1 item per kid (this was our 6th DCL cruise and we've had 6 items signed before with 2 kids and no problems on magic/wonder)
Guest Services took our 3 tshirts but said they couldnt guarantee more than 2 would be signed. In the end they signed all 3...
Think it depends on who you talk to, how crowded your cruise is and their mood at the time ;-)

Disney Magic MR May 2005, Disney Magic Eastern Dec 2005, Disney Magic Western Dec 2007, Disney Magic Eastern June 2009, Disney Wonder Alaska June 28, 2011, Disney Fantasy NYE Dec 2012-Jan 2013, DVC AKV owners
buddywesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #1315
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbugeye22

I had these made for my girls to have autographed by all the characters. I plan on dropping them off at guest services and surprising them with them on the last day of our cruise!
Bumping this awesome thread and wondering where I can get pillowcases like these made??

Halloween Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #1316
sdjen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Baby View Post
Bumping this awesome thread and wondering where I can get pillowcases like these made??
I would check on Etsy. There are a couple of vendors there that make super cute pillowcases.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #1317
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
Thanks, I did peek at Amazon after I asked and saw what you were talking about. But do you know (or anyone of course) know why there was a DCL Passporter that looks like it was released in late Nov 12 and now this one in March? Weird don't you think?
I love Passporter but they seem to have problems meeting their publishing dates. I waited nearly all year last year for the 2012 DCL edition to be released. It was originally due to be published in like February, which was then pushed to May, and then July, and then September before finally being published in November.

I read that they are coming out with the 2013 edition mostly to update the latest itineraries and ports of call.
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #1318
ellensfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nevermind, I found it online. Thanks again!
That's great, which one is your friend? She's on our FE list? It's our very 1st cruise and we r so excited. Be cuz we r concierge we simply call our shoreside concierge dept & they assist in excursions, reservations or anything we need..

I hope they get a cabana too!
Ellen

Dream 2/24/13
ellensfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #1319
StacyLynn624
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We're on that cruise too and also have an infant. We also wanted to get a cabana for shade. I'm hoping we can get on some sort of waiting list.
StacyLynn624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #1320
ChipNDaleGal
Earning My Ears

Great Idea!
ChipNDaleGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: