Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #16
mare07
Earning My Ears

I will caveat that we never do the dining plan. I actually had to go to the dining plan pdf to make sure everything is correct based on credits, but I may be off on one, sorry if that's the case!

1. Liberty Tree Tavern - We are just a fan of the dinner, atmosphere, etc. Never had a bad meal here.

2. Biergarten - it was really between this and Les Chefs. We usually snack our way around Epcot so we haven't eaten at either lately, but they are both fun with good food. We are eating at Via Napoli in a week and I'm excited to try it after all the good reviews, though!

3. 50's Prime Time - Fun atmosphere, good comfort food. Service is really dependent on the server, but it's usually a great time.

4. No comment as I've never actually eaten at a TS at DAK. Odd, because I worked here for over a year, but we always go to Flame Tree (yum!)

5. Portobello - Good meal, good service, often overlooked. Nothing fancy, though.

6. Earl of Sandwich - Yummy meal. Line can be intimidating, but moves quickly. Real choice? Ghiradelli, but that offers little in the way of nutrition, haha!

7. Boma - The food is always interesting and one of the better buffet experiences overall. Cape May seafood buffet comes in a close 2nd here.
If we do breakfast it's at Kona Cafe for the coffee and Tonga Toast!

7a. We love, love, love Hoop Dee Doo! I have a special place for it because I worked at Fort Wilderness for my CP program, but the show always makes me laugh and the food is typically yummy :-)

8. Norway - We are way out of the character dining experience (my sister and I are the "kids" at 25 and 28 with no kids yet!), but I'm going to go with Norway here.

9. We are bad planners and rarely decide on our trip 180 days out, so the choice of restaurants tends to be limited. We are lucky enough to be able to eat almost anywhere, so Signature dining typically includes many of our dinners (they're a pretty easy get late except for Cali Grill and Le Cell):

Honestly, if you enjoy an experience, wine, and consider yourself open to trying new and amazing dishes then Victoria & Alberts with the wine pairing is completely and utterly amazing. Best dinner I've ever had, hands down. We jokingly called it Vicky & Al's before we went and two courses in my dad said he would never call it that again.

V&A not sound like your cup of tea? I love the Brown Derby and haven't had a bad meal here, though service can be slow at times and I've seen mixed reviews overall. We are also big fans of Le Cellier and Yachtsman. We've eaten at Cali Grill twice but it's been a while and it's hard to get ADR's. If you can get them, GO.

I would say the best thing about the signatures is that the service is typically impeccable, servers knowledgeable and attentive, overall a more leisurely experience, and the food of fantastic quality. We also enjoy sharing a bottle of wine, so the wine lists here are all great as well.

Never done the CRT and never hung out at DTD.

MEd-Arizona State University 2011
Dinoland Attractions/Trainer: 2008-2009
WDWCP: 2006

GO ILLINI!
mare07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: