Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #76
smiles33
DIS Veteran

OK, I think I'm changing our dining plans to:

Thursday: straight to DLR (not worth going to DCA when RSR FP will be out by 3:30). Dinner somewhere inside the park to maximize our time. Maybe Cafe Orleans?

Fri: DLR until DCA opens, then I'll head over to get FP for RSR. Minnie's breakfast at 10 am

Sat: Magic Morning at DLR and then a runner to get FP for RSR.

Sun: Breakfast at Goofy's and then go home.

I also need to remember to check in with the chef when we arrive at both buffets, since DD3 has peanut and fish allergies and DLR already wrote back and told me that they can prepare fresh food due to the risk of cross-contamination. He actually wrote, "I would recommend that your daughter not take any food from the buffet. Buffet foods can become cross contaminated. When she arrives at these restaurants, she should ask to meet with the Chef on Duty. The Chef will meet with her and go over meal options."
smiles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #77
smiles33
DIS Veteran

I'm rethinking whether to get 3 day PH or just 3 day 1-park passes. If I did the latter, we would do DL Thursday afternoon (4-9?), DCA on Friday (though on-site guests will have early magic hour access), and then DL on Sat (when we have MM access and fight with on-site EMH guests to get FL rides done before the hordes hit).

I definitely want to get pressed pennies, silhouettes of my girls, the BBB makeovers, etc. and other non E-ticket stuff that is in DL on Sat, when the crowds may be busy on rides. So I may try for the Fantasy Faire shows/M&G on Thursday afternoon, the day we arrive, which will presumably have lower crowds than on Sat. Then on Sat we do the less urgent/less crowded activities like BBB makeover, pressed pennies, etc.

Friday is my DCA day, but I have a Minnie's breakfast that day planned and we may just hop that day. Then again, Goofy's Sky School was DD6's favorite ride on our first visit. So who knows what will ultimately happen?

Well, my MO has always been to research everything so I can have a great grasp of my options (even come up with a tentative plan) and then go with the flow on the day-of. It worked well last time!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #78
Riahsha
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry, I didn't catch when you were planning on going. I'm wondering if we'll be there at the same time.

Riahsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #79
Mainemama
Mouseketeer

I enjoyed your tr. We are hoping to extend a family trip to No. CA this summer to include a couple of days at dlr, so I was browsing for a family lens. I look forward to hearing about your April trip! What prompted me to make a comment (I am more of a lurker was your mention of the buffet and food allergies. We had a trip to wdw (our 2nd) in April. My odd (7) has multiple allergies... To dairy, eggs, chicken, turkey, sesame, beans, peanuts, and tree nuts. The only place she had a reaction was at a buffet. I have been mystified as to what caused it, as the chef prepared a special plate, BUT we did get a few things from the buffet.We have been so impressed with Disney's approach to allergies, but your post gave me another bit of information that may prevent more discomfort for my odd in the future, so thanks! In the end, I was also impressed by how kind the cm were when it happened, nothing life threatening, but could have been very embarrassing, and they managed to assure us everything was okay!
Mainemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #80
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riahsha View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't catch when you were planning on going. I'm wondering if we'll be there at the same time.
Hi Riasha! I think we will be. We will be in the parks 2.5 days starting Thurs afternoon, April 11. We'll be there all day Friday and Saturday (with afternoon nap breaks for the girls and DH while I SR the big rides) and then we will have brunch at Goofy's Kitchen outside of the park and then drive home. I have a loose plan right now, but will see how the girls react to make day-of decisions.

Mainemama: Thanks for "de-lurking" and sharing your story! I'm glad to hear the CM were so understanding and helpful. I was actually a little worried they would think it's a big hassle to special cook stuff for our DD3. She didn't have diagnosed allergies when we went 2 years ago and pretty much lucked out (we had corndogs, Ariel's Grotto, and Big Thunder BBQ--no fish or peanuts at any of those locales, to my knowledge!).
Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #81
Riahsha
Mouseketeer

We'll be getting there Friday afternoon, the 12th. We bought annual passes, so we can't go into the park on Saturday. Our first real day in will be Sunday the 14th. Friday night we are planning on going into Mad T Party. The kids will have their Glow With the Show hats and are looking forward to it.
Any chance you'll be there so we can say a quick hello?

Old 03-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #82
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riahsha View Post
We'll be getting there Friday afternoon, the 12th. We bought annual passes, so we can't go into the park on Saturday. Our first real day in will be Sunday the 14th. Friday night we are planning on going into Mad T Party. The kids will have their Glow With the Show hats and are looking forward to it.
Any chance you'll be there so we can say a quick hello?
Aww, I think we will miss you entirely! We aren't planning to go in on Sunday, as we leave that morning after breakfast at Goofy's. Friday night will probably be an early night since my girls are 3 and 6. Have a GREAT time, Riasha!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #83
Riahsha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
Aww, I think we will miss you entirely! We aren't planning to go in on Sunday, as we leave that morning after breakfast at Goofy's. Friday night will probably be an early night since my girls are 3 and 6. Have a GREAT time, Riasha!
Thank you and you have a great time too!!! It's coming soon!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #84
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Only 2 more days!!! Plus, I just learned from perlster that Warrior MULAN (not the princess one) and MUSHU are at the Long Lost Friends meet & Greet! I'm SO EXCITED for this.

This is perlster's photo:

Old 04-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #85
Riahsha
Mouseketeer

Woo! The boys love Mulan...even as Ping.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #86
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Less than 12 hours until we leave!!!!

Riasha: are you there now?!?!?1
Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #87
Riahsha
Mouseketeer

Leave in the morning for California!
Have a safe trip!

Old 04-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #88
smiles33
DIS Veteran

We are driving down the 5 freeway and are about 4 hours away now. The girls watched Cars to get ready for Carsland!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #89
smiles33
DIS Veteran

April 2013 Trip Report starts NOW.....

We just got home earlier tonight, and I've spent the past 3 hours unpacking, cleaning, and sorting. But I just have to start on my TR or I know I'll forget details.

Table of Contents:

Day 1: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - arrived a little before 4 pm
* Picked up 2 Soarin' FP (DD3 is too short so I thought I'd save 2 tickets to grab other rides' FP) with 5:10-6:10 pm return and Photopass + pick-up
* Princess Fantasy Faire (Aurora, Ariel & Cinderella)
* Beauty & the Beast show at Royal Hall (with churros I picked up from the Tomorrowland cart on my way to get Star Tours FP since the carts by Fantasyland were all closed!)
* Meet & Greet with Goofy in front of DL Mickey Mouse floral
* Pixar Play Parade with cotton candy and popcorn snacks (so we missed our chance to use Star Tours FP!)
* DH rode Soarin' with DD6 but got a child swap pass so I could each ride later with DD6, too)
* Little Mermaid
* Dinner at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen (lackluster meal, weak cocktails and the biggest insult: their beignets were terrible, like a chewy dense cake!)
* Soarin' using the child swap pass with DD6 while DH took DD3 back to HoJo
* Walk-through Carsland before taking DD6 back around 9:45 pm

Day 2: Friday, April 12, 2013 - arrived at Esplanade at 8:15 am for 9 am opening (light snacks before our 10 am breakfast)
* Toy Story Midway Mania (while DH grabbed RSR FP)
* Tried to ride Screamin' but DD6 too short
* Donald Duck Meet & Greet at Paradise Pier
* Breakfast at Plaza Inn with Minnie and Friends at 10 am
* Picked up 4 Star Tours FP (and then kicked myself, realizing I should have just got 2 so I could get 2 Space Mountain FP!)
* RSR via fast pass and got a child swap
* Went back to DL for Pixie Hollow
* Picked up Space Mountain FP while DH was at Pixie Hollow with the 2 girls
* Went to meet Long Lost Friends at Thunder Ranch Jamboree and DH got us frozen strawberry lemonade drinks
* Picked up Splash Mountain FP while they were at Long Lost Friends M&G
* DH took DD3 back for a nap and DD6 and I met Woody (right outside BTMRR)
* Rode Star Tours with DD6
* Space Mountain with FP (DD6 LOVED it) and got child swap
* Rode Space Mountain a second time and it broke down on us with us just 20 feet from the end (waiting about 15-2 minutes) so they gave us a "front-of-the-line" pass
* Picked up Splash Mountain FP
* Dole Whip Float break
* Rode Winnie the Pooh to burn 10 minutes
* Used our Splash Mountain FP and requested child swap
* DH and DD3 came back and rode Dumbo while they waited for us
* Watched Soundsational Parade and enjoyed corn dogs from the Little Red Corn Dog Cart
* Rode Autotopia with them
* Picked up a turkey leg for DH to save for breakfast and then he and DD3 went back to the hotel
* DD6 and I used the front-of-the-pass line on Space Mountain and brought a family of 3 with us (since it was good for up to 6 guests)
* Rode RSR two consecutive times at night using child swap pass
* Took DD6 to Mad T party as she really wanted the glow-in-the-dark ice cube drink but the drink bar was closed! Luckily, a CM cleaning up took pity on us and pulled an "ice cube" out and just gave it to us!
* Left at 9:50 pm or so (DD6 and I couldn't make it to 11 pm closure!)

Day 3: Saturday, April 13, 2013 - Magic Morning day! At DL gates at 7:20 am for 8 am open
* DD3 slept in so DH stayed with her
* DD6 and I made it to the front of rope drop, right side so we could go to Space Mountain, only to find out from a CM in front of Astro Orbiters that Space was closed; then we rushed to Matterhorn, only to learn it, too, was closed.
* At this point, I was flustered and just rushed to Peter Pan, which already had a 15 minute wait. Argh! Magic Morning was practically wasted. Once we got off Peter Pan, we went on teacups as DD6 doesn't care for dark rides and we already rode Dumbo. Then as we walked out to head toward DCA to stand in line for RSR FP, I noticed people at Pixie Hollow. There wasn't a Photopass photographer, but we got Fawn's autograph and took another photo with Tink.
* Grabbed RSR FP with a return of 12 noon (but only 2 FP, since DH was with DD3 at HoJo)
* Walked on to Goofy's Sky School
* Tried to walk on to Screamin' but it broke down, too!
* Went on Toy Story for the 2nd time (had a 20 minute wait or so by 9:20 am)
* Headed back toward DL when DH texted at 10:15 am to say he and DD3 were on the way so we waited at the RSR FP machines and we got a 7:25 pm return time
* Headed to DL for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeovers for both girls at 11:10 am
* Got there early so we rode Dumbo
* While DH watched them at BBB and Photopass photographer took photos, I ran to get Bengal BBQ skewers (Banyan beef and Bacon-wrapped asparagus) and Mickey Beignets from Mint Julep Bar as a snack before our 1:20 pm lunch reservation
* Picked up 2 Splash Mountain FP
* After BBB, took some Photopass photos in front of the castle and then rushed back to RSR for our FP only to learn it was closed, too!
* Wasted about an hour in Bugsland (Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Flik's Flyers, M&G with Flik) before going to Ariel's Grotto for 1:20 pm lunch
* Back to RSR where they luckily honored our FP and got another child swap before DH brought DD3 back for a nap
* Grabbed Screamin' FP and headed to Disney Junior show at 3:15 pm
* Headed back to Screamin' at 4:55 but they denied DD6 again (even wearing her thick soled Keen sandals!)
* Got her another churro as a consolation prize
* Headed to Splash Mountain for FP and tried to head back to Long Lost Friends to see the friends we missed the first time but they closed at 5
* DD6 fell asleep for a brief nap while I sat on a bench outside BTMRR construction site while we waited 40 minutes for our FP return window
* Rode Splash
* Went back to DCA for RSR at 7:25 pm to use FP
* Rode RSR again to use Child Swap pass from earlier
* Sadly left the park at 9 pm

Day 4: Sunday, April 14 - not a park day
* Ended the trip with breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen at DL Hotel

Last edited by smiles33; 04-15-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:23 AM   #90
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Here are some ride photos thanks to our awesome Photopass+ package! I'm so grateful DISBoarders recommended buying this in advance. It's totally worth the $69, even for a short 2.5 day trip.

DD's first and only time on RSR with DH:

Subsequent rides were all with me. WOO HOO! We tried to focus on getting a clear shot of her face but folks kept throwing their hands in her face!

SUCCESS AT LAST:

Maybe we should have stopped then, as the very last ride was Saturday night and it was SO WINDY my hair flew into my face!

Last edited by smiles33; 04-15-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: