Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #361
Simba22
DIS Veteran

So I FINALLY have internet access at home again! Thank goodness too, because if I had to sit here, trapped in the house all weekend with 3 feet of snow outside and no internet, I would go insane!

So as I was reading your update, Lumar is sitting behind me looking at your pictures. He saw the ice cream sandwich and says it looks amazing. I said yeah, it's from the Main Street Bakery. He goes "isn't it the Main Street Starbucks now?" What a jerk.

We were talking about our ADRs for October the day and decided we're definitely going back to California Grill, too! I can't wait!

And BTW, you have my cell number!! If you ever want to talk Disney - TEXT ME!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #362
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Nighttime EMH at MK is the best, and it's even better during the holidays. Your photos of the Castle made me wish I were there with the Dream Lights on! You can never have too many photos of the castle lit up like that.

Sorry you weren't able to make it until 3am, I know that was a goal of yours, but it sounds like you needed the rest. Disney can tire you out, and you still managed to do some favorites.

That ice cream sandwich looks so good!
I love EMH at MK, always so much fun! I'm glad we stayed so late, even if we didn't make it to 3am! I can't get enough of the dream lights, the castle is so beautiful!

I love that ice cream sandwich, I'd like to get one when I'm there next week, but I'll never finish it by myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cali Grill!!!!
I can not wait to go back there someday and see all the changes/improvements!!!!!

I almost ALWAYS get the pork and polenta! It is heaven and delicious and AMAZING!!!!!
OMG that polenta is THE BEST!!!!

I LOVE your castle pictures!!!!!!
Makes me want to teleport to DisneyWorld RIGHT NOW!!!!

And FYI I am COMPLETELY JEALOUS you will be in WDW in around 9 days!!!!!!! You are going to have such a wonderful time!!!!!!
Me too! I hope they menu doesn't change too much, but since they are keeping my polenta, that's all I really care about!

Thank you! Me too! I just wish it was December!

5 days!! I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane D View Post
Our next trip is planned for this November 16-23. Our group will include 3 young girls (2, 5 & 9) who love to swim. Was the weather warm enough for swimming??
It was definitely warm enough to swim a few days, it got up into the 80's during the day, and it was cooler at night! I love going in November, warm during the day, and cool at night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I want to eat at California Grill! It always looks so good but now it is closed. I am actually going to back to Disney in April with a Dis'er and we are staying at a Royal Guest Room. I am so stoked and looked at your Royal Room pictures again for entertainment
It is SO good, don't worry, it will be open again someday, so you have to try it! You are going to LOVE the Royal Guest Rooms, they are so perfect! What DIS'er are you going with, sounds like a fun trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
You can NEVER overdo Disney Christmas pictures.
Yay, I totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
So I FINALLY have internet access at home again! Thank goodness too, because if I had to sit here, trapped in the house all weekend with 3 feet of snow outside and no internet, I would go insane!

So as I was reading your update, Lumar is sitting behind me looking at your pictures. He saw the ice cream sandwich and says it looks amazing. I said yeah, it's from the Main Street Bakery. He goes "isn't it the Main Street Starbucks now?" What a jerk.

We were talking about our ADRs for October the day and decided we're definitely going back to California Grill, too! I can't wait!

And BTW, you have my cell number!! If you ever want to talk Disney - TEXT ME!!!
Woo hoo!!! Ugh, that snow was INSANE! You would think I would have been on the DIS all weekend, since I was trapped until yesterday, but I didn't do anything except shovel and then lay around and whine about how much pain I was in from shoveling all day! That was some CRAZY snow, and it figures our snowblower would break!

Aww, I'm going to miss the Main Street Bakery! But don't worry, you can still get that ice cream sandwich at the Plaza I think! I know it's somewhere in MK!

Yum, I need to go back to CA Grill, it's SO good!

Haha, I will don't worry! Expect some texts next week while I'm there!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #363
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Boma Boma Boma!!!

Hi guys! Before I start this update, guess what? I'm going to Disney World in 5 DAYS!!! I'm so excited, I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun, I can't wait to see how different it is going with someone other than Brandon! My sister made all of the ADR's for this trip, and she gave me the list of where we are eating, but I have a feeling some changes will probably be made up until the day before we leave so I'll just tell you all about it when we get back! And did I tell you guys where we are staying? Well, you know we're staying at Bay Lake Tower for the last few days of our trip, but did I ever tell you where we'll be the first few days? Originally we were going to be staying at Pop, but my sister changed it and now we will be at

Animal Kingdom Lodge!!

I can't wait, I've wanted to stay there for so long, and now I finally have the chance to check it out! Brandon has wanted to stay there forever, and I always end up telling him I don't want to because I keep thinking it's so far from the other parks, so now I will finally know!

So I'm going to do an update right now and then I'm going to hopefully do another one before I leave because again, in 5 days I'm off to Disney World!

Sunday, 11/11

After our late night at the Magic Kingdom, the last thing we wanted to do was get up early and go to breakfast. But we had an ADR for Boma at 9:00 (which was late for us, considering I usually make it for like 7:45!) so we got up and headed out the door and made it to Animal Kingdom Lodge by 8:30!

We walked around for a few minutes to look at the beautiful resort

(I can't believe I'm staying there in 5 days!!!)

and then we took the elevator down to Boma. We were a little early, but we checked in and we were seated right away!

(Sorry for the dark picture, but I think it's kind of pretty!)

I wasn't really happy with where we were sitting, we were against a wall, where the booth against the wall was one big continuous booth and then there were tables for 2 all along the booth. They were crammed together so close, and 2 other couples sat on either side of us, so it was kind of claustrophobic. The people to our left were nice, but the people to our right were really grumpy, they didn't talk to us or each other or anything. Oh well. Grumpy in Disney.

I LOVE Boma so much, which is why it's the title of this chapter, it's definitely my favorite place to have breakfast! I could drink gallons of that juice, yum!

We didn't waste any time going up to the buffet! I loaded up on the scrambled eggs instead of getting an omelet this time, because those eggs are just SO good! I also got some sausage and I think that other stuff on my plate is bread pudding? But I'm not sure...

if it's not, I know I definitely went up and got some of the bread pudding after, because I remember it being really good! The stuff in the picture actually looks like banana bread or something.

Our server was great, they always are at Boma, she kept telling us her name was Bob that day because she forgot her name tag and she had to borrow one that said Bob. Then she was telling us how they asked her if she wanted to transfer to Be Our Guest, and she tried it for the AP previews, but she didn't like it because she had to work so late, so she went back to Boma. Nice life...from one amazing restaurant to another! So jealous of Disney CM's!

We finished eating, paid our bill and hopped in the car to make the short drive over to

Animal Kingdom! While AK is not my favorite park, I do love it, and I get excited whenever we go there, because we always spend the least amount of time there!

I love the Christmas tree in the entrance area, it's so pretty! I wonder what it looks like at night? I'm sure it's amazing!

We went in and went straight to Camp Minnie Mickey, because I wanted to make sure that we saw Festival of the Lion King again. It's annoying to try to plan around shows, so we figured we would do it first and then just do everything else after.

We were pretty early for the first show (I think it was the first show, we wanted to see the 10:30 show, so maybe there was one before that?) so we decided to meet some characters that we've never met before...Chip and Dale! They had no line, and all of the characters in that area had cute little Christmas outfits on! I wanted to meet Minnie, but her line was so long, and Chip and Dale had like, 2 people in line!

Chip and Dale were SO cute! When we went up to us, they were just running around, being silly, and then they pointed to Brandon's shirt and acted afraid of it (he had on a shirt with the devil from Fantasia on it)! I loved meeting them, I was hoping our picture would come out ok, but guess what? It was awful! Brandon looks ok in it, but my head is tilted all weird, and I'm like, in mid laugh because I didn't know we were actually taking the picture yet! Ugh, I'm so annoyed! But still, it was an awesome meet and greet, so I'm happy we met them!

Finally it was time for the Festival of the Lion King! I can't remember what section we were in, but it was a good section! We had a great view of everything!

I love the Tumble Monkeys! That must be the best job in WDW, it looks like SO much fun!

There is just something about the Lion King soundtrack that makes me cry every time I see the movie, and watching the Festival of the Lion King is no different, I was crying during the whole thing! It is definitely my favorite show in Disney!

Once it was over, we made our way out of Camp Minnie Mickey and walked all the way over to Asia!

It seemed like such a long walk, because it was hot out that day! It's always so hot in Animal Kingdom, no matter what time of year you go!

We headed straight for Expedition Everest to check out the wait time, I was hoping it wouldn't be too long!

Up next...more Animal Kingdom!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #364
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I always think Boma food looks really good! But I always wonder if I'm too picky to eat there.

OMG FOTLK IS THE BEST EVER AHHHHH!!! Hope the line for Everest wasn't too long!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #365
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]

I love this picture! Great perspective.

Your Boma breakfast looks so yummy - definitely one of of my favorites!

Yeah for 5 days!!!!!!!! It's so exciting that you are staying at both AKL and BLT. I think you are going to have a wonderful time. Girl's trips are so fun!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #366
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

LOVE Boma for breakfast!!! I think it's my actually my favorite Disney breakfast!

Yay for going to Disney SO soon!!! And staying at AKL, that's awesome!!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #367
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I knew you were staying at AKL but I can't remember if you posted that on here or twitter! LOL. You will love it there. And don't worry, it really isn't that far from all of the other parks. Atleast I don't think it is.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #368
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

How fun that you will be staying at AKL! That is one of the resorts I have been wanting to visit but we haven't made it there yet. Maybe one day.

Breakfast sounds great! Bread pudding for breakfast sounds really awesome right about now.

Yay for AK! Not my favorite park either, but it is really so well themed and fun to walk around and take it all in. Plus FotLK is one of my favorite Disney shows EVER! That music gets me every time too. And the acrobatics are so fun! And Camp Minnie-Mickey is where we have had some of our best character interactions too.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #369
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

You'll get a chance to see the AK Christmas tree at night in my TR.

Chip & Dale are so much fun! So are the Tumbling Monkeys!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #370
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I always think Boma food looks really good! But I always wonder if I'm too picky to eat there.

OMG FOTLK IS THE BEST EVER AHHHHH!!! Hope the line for Everest wasn't too long!
I'm really picky too, but I LOVE Boma! I'm too scared to try it for dinner, but breakfast is pretty normal, they have chocolate chip pancakes, bread pudding, and bagels and stuff if you get too intimidated!

I love FOTLK!!! I'm so glad we went there first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love this picture! Great perspective.

Your Boma breakfast looks so yummy - definitely one of of my favorites!

Yeah for 5 days!!!!!!!! It's so exciting that you are staying at both AKL and BLT. I think you are going to have a wonderful time. Girl's trips are so fun!!!!!
Thank you, I love that Asia entrance, that whole area of the park it's so beautiful!

I love Boma, we always have to go there before AK!

I can't believe I'm going so soon! It doesn't seem real! I'm so excited to finally stay in AKL, I've wanted to for soooo long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
LOVE Boma for breakfast!!! I think it's my actually my favorite Disney breakfast!

Yay for going to Disney SO soon!!! And staying at AKL, that's awesome!!
It's probably my favorite Disney breakfast too, although Kona is pretty awesome! Maybe it's a tie between those 2 places!

I can't believe I'm going back so soon! I cannot wait to finally stay in AKL, even if it is only for a few nights, it's going to be amazing!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #371
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I knew you were staying at AKL but I can't remember if you posted that on here or twitter! LOL. You will love it there. And don't worry, it really isn't that far from all of the other parks. Atleast I don't think it is.
I do remember posting it on twitter when I found out, but I don't think I posted it here! Maybe I did, I can't keep up with everything lately! I'm SO excited to stay there, I love visiting there, and hello, 24 hour access to zebra domes? YUM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
How fun that you will be staying at AKL! That is one of the resorts I have been wanting to visit but we haven't made it there yet. Maybe one day.

Breakfast sounds great! Bread pudding for breakfast sounds really awesome right about now.

Yay for AK! Not my favorite park either, but it is really so well themed and fun to walk around and take it all in. Plus FotLK is one of my favorite Disney shows EVER! That music gets me every time too. And the acrobatics are so fun! And Camp Minnie-Mickey is where we have had some of our best character interactions too.
You should really visit AKL, it's beautiful! We always try to walk around when we eat at Boma (we didn't get to on this trip because I wanted to get to AK, but we usually do!) and it's just such a pretty, peaceful resort!

I can't believe some places in WDW have bread pudding for breakfast, I love it!

AK is definitely my #4 park, but I still love it! It's so pretty, and it has FOTLK and Everest, 2 of my favorite things in Disney! Chip and Dale were so adorable, I hope we get to meet them again on a future trip so I can get a good picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
You'll get a chance to see the AK Christmas tree at night in my TR.

Chip & Dale are so much fun! So are the Tumbling Monkeys!
Yay, I'm sure it's beautiful! I love that tree!

They were really fun, I loved meeting them! And the Tumble Monkeys are so cool, I wish I could do all of those acrobatic moves!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #372
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

LOVE LOVE LOVE BOMA!

We have family that still talk about going there for dinner even after a few years! LOL
Never tried breakfast there, yet.. Dinner is SO delicious!

FOTLK is Amazing! LOVE IT!!!!

And I'm with ya- Animal Kingdom is a quick park to get through for us too!
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV&GFV

Old 02-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #373
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Boma...yumm-ohhhhhhh! I need to go there now!

Oh, FotLK, so dear to my heart...I don't think watching it would ever get old!

Yay for your trip being so close and for staying at AKL and doing Disney with someone other than Brian! Wait, that doesn't sound very nice...of course you love doing Disney with Brian...open mouth, insert foot!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #374
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I love Boma for breakfast! I'm excited about staying at AKL in October just because I'll be able to wake up and walk downstairs to get there! When don't have your own car, getting there is pretty annoying so we don't go very often! How cool that you guys are staying there NEXT WEEK!

BTW new Vinyls at the Disney Store! Whiskers and Tales! SO CUTE!! We got 4 yesterday and the first one I opened was the mystery one! Although seeing the empty RFC was sooo sad! I seriously almost cried.

And YES!! Please send me pics from Disney!! It will help my work days go by!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #375
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE BOMA!

We have family that still talk about going there for dinner even after a few years! LOL
Never tried breakfast there, yet.. Dinner is SO delicious!

FOTLK is Amazing! LOVE IT!!!!

And I'm with ya- Animal Kingdom is a quick park to get through for us too!
YES Boma is amazing!!!

Haha that's funny, because I've never had dinner there! I'd like to someday, but breakfast is just so good!

AK is a great park, but we just spend the least amount of time there! I should try to go there more, but I can't tear myself away from Epcot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Boma...yumm-ohhhhhhh! I need to go there now!

Oh, FotLK, so dear to my heart...I don't think watching it would ever get old!

Yay for your trip being so close and for staying at AKL and doing Disney with someone other than Brian! Wait, that doesn't sound very nice...of course you love doing Disney with Brian...open mouth, insert foot!
I want to go there now too! I can't believe I'm staying at AKL and NOT going to Boma! Seems kind of crazy!

FOTLK is so wonderful, I can't wait to see it again!

Haha, I had to laugh at your last paragraph, not just because of what it said, but because you called my DH Brian! (It's Brandon, but it's just funny that you said that because when we were first together, SO many people made the same mistake! ) But yes, it will be fun to go to Disney with someone other than him, although I'm starting to feel weird about leaving him alone for a week! It's been SO long since we've spent a week apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
I love Boma for breakfast! I'm excited about staying at AKL in October just because I'll be able to wake up and walk downstairs to get there! When don't have your own car, getting there is pretty annoying so we don't go very often! How cool that you guys are staying there NEXT WEEK!

BTW new Vinyls at the Disney Store! Whiskers and Tales! SO CUTE!! We got 4 yesterday and the first one I opened was the mystery one! Although seeing the empty RFC was sooo sad! I seriously almost cried.

And YES!! Please send me pics from Disney!! It will help my work days go by!
I thought you were staying at the Boardwalk in October? You switched to AKL?

I can't wait to stay there! I am nervous about not having a car, but since we'll only be there for 3 days before moving, it shouldn't be that bad!

I KNOW!!! I saw the Whiskers and Tales online, I have to get all of them! I cannot believe no more RFC, that is so upsetting! It was always busy, I wonder what happened!

I definitely will!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: