Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
ktc42spike
Earning My Ears

Switching rooms

Quick question...

Because of the way we booked on board the last time we sailed (and reserved two rooms - one for us and one for my inlaws/bro in law), my husband is listed on one room (with his parents) and I am listed on the other (with our kids and his brother). The agent says we have to keep it this way and we already know that Disney doesn't care who sleeps where... but how do we sort this out once we get there? Do we take care of that in the terminal before we board, or do we wait and take care of it at Guest Services once we are on board?

Thanks!
ktc42spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
ktc42spike
Earning My Ears

I should have mentioned that I am concerned about the room keys and room charges being correct from the start.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
MDTerp
Mouseketeer

If your reservations are linked in DCL's system, you will be able to assign different cc information to specific individuals. On my last cruise, we had 3 different "families" (parents, sister and us) in 2 adjoining cabins. The charges were correct w/o further interaction with guest services. If the cabins you have are adjoining, just keep the door between the two unlocked and the hallway access on KTTW card won't matter.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

October 2007 - Western Caribbean - Disney Magic
September 2009 - DVC SSMC - Disney Wonder
September 2010 - DVC SSMC - Disney Wonder
July 2011 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Disney Magic
April 2012 - 5 Night Double Dip - Disney Dream
November 2012 - Bahamas - Disney Dream
March 2013 - Mexico/Castaway Cay - Disney Wonder
February 2014 - Bahamas - Disney Magic
October 2014 - 3-Day Repo Castaway Cay - Disney Magic

DVC Member Since 2007 - AKV, BLT and BWV
Trips to the World...2001, 2003, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Aulani - 2013
MDTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
ktc42spike
Earning My Ears

Good point on the credit card info.

As for the room access, our rooms are not adjoining. I guess I just take care of this part once we get aboard at Guest Services?
Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktc42spike View Post
Good point on the credit card info.

As for the room access, our rooms are not adjoining. I guess I just take care of this part once we get aboard at Guest Services?
Yes, just go to Guest Services and they'll be able to provide extra blank keys to open doors for those who need them. Note that they won't actually change the keys to open the other rooms. So, people who aren't sleeping in the room assigned to them will need to carry 2 keys - their main one for identification and charging, and a blank one to open their own door. We ended up with this situation because we had to book a parent in each room when we booked a separate cabin for our under age 18 teenage children.

Also note for future reference that when booking onboard, you can make a reservation for someone else as one of your 2 cabins booked at full discount, and you don't have to place someone that's currently cruising in each room. I'm guessing that's how you ended up with your current situation.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: