Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #76
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch
Oh great! Thanks for that info. But based on some earlier posts, it sounds like I'll be limited to only ~$100 in purchases for the initial uses? We usually spend way more than that on our Target trips.
My first purchase had at least $350 limit. That's what he tried and it worked. They allowed me to put the balance on Disney Visa and gave me a courtesy 5% discount on that amount since the limit was low.
mom2jcg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #77
thorphin
DIS Veteran

Like many, I've been reading with interest regarding the invisible limits on purchases. We went in today and purchased $2000 on our Target debit card in one transaction, and there was absolutely no issue. The 5% pharmacy rewards applied, bringing the total to 1900, which the debit card took 5% off of. Transaction was approved quickly and without hassle. I think the team member was actually a bit disappointed that they didn't have to do anything interesting! Immediately afterwards, we did a separate transaction of ~$80 of random stuff -- no problem with the same Target debit card here either.

We use our Target debit card about once a month (and have been doing so for about a year and a half). Our regular transactions are between $50 and $150. Our previous max transaction had been $250.

Prior to the purchase, we had called Target, who had said that there were no transaction limits because the Target card will only authorize transactions that the bank authorizes at point of sale (just like any credit card). I realize this goes against everything that everyone else has been reporting. We also called our bank, who does not have checking account transaction limits, but does have daily limits when using THEIR debit card. The bank assured us that those transaction limits would not apply since we were NOT using the bank-issued card for the Target transaction.

Hope this helps someone!

'83, '84: Fort Wilderness...'84: Golf Resort
'88, '93: Disney Inn..........'95, '98: Off Property
'00: Dixie Landings...........'02: PO Riverside
'05: Beach Club Villas.......'09, '10 PO Riverside
09/2013: Poly!
thorphin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #78
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Nothing indicates that it's going to change anytime soon. Also, if you use the Target pharmacy, they send out 5% coupons at times which will stack with the Red Card 5% savings for a total of 10% off.
Actually, it comes out to a little less than 10%, about 9.75% because they take off 5% and then another 5% off that subtotal, not 10% right off the top. I wouldn't want someone to think they didn't get the full discount. It's pretty close, but not a full 10%.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: