Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #16
ryankelli
Mouseketeer

Thanks.....good luck with your ADR. We have Dinner booked for the 27th

Ryan Kelli Olive Plum Zena

ryankelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orsino View Post
We got in line just after 10:30AM and waited 30 minutes to order our food (January 28th-ish).
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
I would recommend having one of the adults get in line shortly after 11am and wait it out, then when he or she is close to the front of the line (about to enter the castle) have that person notify the rest of the group to rejoin. This is perfectly all right and the CMs will be happy to let you join your party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Barbie View Post
We went twice last week. Loved it! I got in line about 9:45 and held the spot. When the restaurant opened, we were among the first to get in. The CM at the gate said it was best to either do that, or come back about 2:15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
We went early in January on a Tuesday - got in line at 10:15 and were about 1/2 way over the bridge (just over that actually). Got in and were sitting down by 10:40 (opens at 10:30)

No offense, but I guess I don't get it. I'm one of those that don't like to eat lunch that early, unless I didn't have breakfast. Don't see the need to get in line at 9:30-10:30 unless you want to that eat early. I mean, either way, you're gonna have a ~20-30 minute wait time. We got in line a little after noon on a 6-7 crowd day and was ordering 25 minutes later.

JMHO and YMMV......

Last edited by Herfnerd; 02-14-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Herfnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #18
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeltdisneygirl View Post
I was able to snag an evening reservation, and I booked just about 80 days out from my trip in April. I kept looking every day, and actually have seen 2 open up in the time I have been checking.
Good to hear, sounds like things might be starting to move into a more normal state.

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015)
DLR (July 2014) - DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herfnerd View Post
No offense, but I guess I don't get it. I'm one of those that don't like to eat lunch that early, unless I didn't have breakfast. Don't see the need to get in line at 9:30-10:30 unless you want to that eat early. I mean, either way, you're gonna have a ~20-30 minute wait time. We got in line a little after noon on a 6-7 crowd day and was ordering 25 minutes later.

JMHO and YMMV......
I don't normally eat that early either (we got in line at 10:15) but for us it just timed out well. We were done with Fantasyland (new and old) at that point and wanted to eat at BOG so we hopped in line. Ate went and did more MK before park hopping.

Dh is a photographer so he had fun taking pictures of the gargoyles etc; DD made friends in line and pin traded everyone was happy.

Our original plan had been to aim for a late lunch 1:30 /2:00 as I had heard the lines were shorter then but for us it worked out just fine this way.

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: