Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

No I wouldn't want to upgrade the dining plan. The way I worked it out, is that it'll be a little bit cheaper to stay at a value resort with no dining, compared to upgrade to a moderate to get the free dining. Last year we had big problems finishing all our meals. Either I couldn't find a dessert I liked with my meal or I would throw it out because I was too full to have it. And we also had several non park days where we did other stuff, which was part of why it was so hard for us to use all the credits.

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon 2014 Nov 13th - Dec 4th @POFQ and Dec 4th - 6th AoA Little Mermaid room
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #17
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Ahhh I see... I thought from your OP that you were sold on Port Orleans.

If you didn't eat all of your meals (we didn't on the quick service plan) then it may not be worth it for you. We bought a family of 4 lunch on our last day to use our credits up, it was our little bit of pixie dust for another family!

If you don't think you'll eat the meals and you'll be happy in a value, then I would go for that. Personally, we are not fans of the value resorts, mainly because we like a fridge in the room to keep drinks cold and stuff and to add one in a value is $10 a day which just adds to the price when we can get a fridge in a mod at no extra cost.
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #18
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRomance View Post
Ahhh I see... I thought from your OP that you were sold on Port Orleans.

If you didn't eat all of your meals (we didn't on the quick service plan) then it may not be worth it for you. We bought a family of 4 lunch on our last day to use our credits up, it was our little bit of pixie dust for another family!

If you don't think you'll eat the meals and you'll be happy in a value, then I would go for that. Personally, we are not fans of the value resorts, mainly because we like a fridge in the room to keep drinks cold and stuff and to add one in a value is $10 a day which just adds to the price when we can get a fridge in a mod at no extra cost.
Like you, we prefer the mods although I would stay at a value if it was a really good deal. What i have found consistently (and how many are in the room will affect the result) is that it's cheaper when FD offer is on to book a moderate with the dining plan free, than to book a value and pay for it. Just another thing to keep in mind. Also don't forget to factor in food costs if you are not going with any dining plan and paying OOP for your meals. The prices have gone up incredibly in the last few years!

The values now do have fridges in all the rooms but I have not seen them since we last stayed value in 2009. So at least that is one less thing to worry about paying if a value turns out to be the way to go.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #19
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

I was originally thinking of going value and save the money, yes, but seeing that it's our honeymoon and I loved POFQ last time, we'll probably do that. I think we deserve to splash out a bit, so we'll probably do the free dining anyway. We don't eat many restaurant meals and we like eating off property as well, that's why it would have paid off to not do it if we choose a value resort. It's just that having a hot tub to relax in after a long day and being at a nice quiet resorts is much to tempting right now

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon 2014 Nov 13th - Dec 4th @POFQ and Dec 4th - 6th AoA Little Mermaid room
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 AM   #20
duffdo
Mouseketeer

Cash back sites are ones like quidco or top cashback. Would be worth looking!
duffdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #21
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer
I was originally thinking of going value and save the money, yes, but seeing that it's our honeymoon and I loved POFQ last time, we'll probably do that. I think we deserve to splash out a bit, so we'll probably do the free dining anyway. We don't eat many restaurant meals and we like eating off property as well, that's why it would have paid off to not do it if we choose a value resort. It's just that having a hot tub to relax in after a long day and being at a nice quiet resorts is much to tempting right now
Just wanted to add that if you like relaxing in the hot tubs the new Art of animation does not have hot tubs exactly,
but it does have a really warm heated pool in the little mermaid section!
We really enjoy hot tubs too!! It's something about being in them late at night soaking up the Disney atmosphere while winding down in the dark being lovely and hot,..... Well the TLM pool was very quite " people with kids prefer the main pool" and its heated as hot as the hot tubs are this is all year round as we was there in October when it was still really hot out, they hear it even more in the colder months

I found this way more relaxing then a hot tub, I loved being able to swim & float around & pool has little seating ledges, its beautiful with all the little mermaid icons around all lit up in the dark, plus the rooms was beautiful and brand new

Just thought this night help with deciding since you was considering a value, I actually love the values ( well pop & AOA) and we have stayed at AKL and SSR which are both deluxe so it's not like we haven't experienced the higher end resorts.

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #22
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

I reallllly want to stay at AOA and pondering whether to cance our first two nights dvc and stay there.hmmmmmmm decisions

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 AM   #23
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
For a honeymoon I personally think POFQ is a wonderful resort, because of the intimacy and small size. The hot tub is rarely busy in off peak season and you could also take a nice walk to Riverside, have a meal there, listen to Bob Jackson at the bar and use their hot tub if you wanted to
Old 02-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #24
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
For a honeymoon I personally think POFQ is a wonderful resort, because of the intimacy and small size. The hot tub is rarely busy in off peak season and you could also take a nice walk to Riverside, have a meal there, listen to Bob Jackson at the bar and use their hot tub if you wanted to

and a lovely carriage ride

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #25
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post

and a lovely carriage ride
Oh yes! How could I forget the carriage ride! Or a lovely moonlight boat ride to DTD for a nice meal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: