Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #181
Time Traveler
the best around

I had my phone interview on Wednesday and just got a "pending" email (and that I may be waiting until April 19th for a final decision). Is this normal? I could have sworn that I read that it was a bad sign. Some people have already been accepted so I'm not feeling too confident.

I felt that my phone interview went over fairly well, though I was asked a lot about prior work experience (and I don't really have any). I was able to make some analogies and mentioned some volunteer staff positions I've had on a few websites, though I've never had a "real" job.

My top role choices were concierge, hospitality, and vacation planner, and I made it clear that I am very knowledgeable about WDW. I understand that those 3 are very hard to get, but I had some more common roles like attractions as moderate so I'm hoping that they'd at least consider me for those.

Last edited by Time Traveler; 02-15-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Time Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #182
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Traveler View Post
I had my phone interview on Wednesday and just got a "pending" email (and that up be waiting until April 19th for a final decision). Is this normal? I could have sworn that I read that it was a bad sign. Some people have already been accepted so I'm not feeling too confident.

I felt that my phone interview went over fairly well, though I was asked a lot about prior work experience (and I don't really have any). I was able to make some analogies and mentioned some volunteer staff positions I've had on a few websites, though I've never had a "real" job.

My top role choices were concierge, hospitality, and vacation planner, and I made it clear that I am very knowledgeable about WDW. I understand that those 3 are very hard to get, but I had some more common roles like attractions as moderate so I'm hoping that they'd at least consider me for those.
Pending is neither a good thing nor bad thing. It's Disney's way of hitting the pause button on the process. Never having had a job before shouldn't matter, but it does help that with the positions you applied for to be a hospitality major. Also, your top 3 are roles where there are fewer spots available than, say, QSFB, Merch, or Custodial where they need TONS of CPs because there are more locations and more people needed to staff those locations. Like you said you were open to other roles as well and your interview applies to all roles you applied for. Just keep your head up and remember while Pending does suck, at least it's not NLIC.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #183
jAcKs_x0
Earning My Ears

Hi all!

My name is Jakiee and I am currently a freshman going to school in Boston. My major is pre-med, but I really love disney and just want the opportunity to work in such a magical place before I have to worry about applying to med school or studying for the MCATs. My top three roles are Character Performer, BBB, and Concierge, and Vacation Planner if Character performer is out of the question. My interview is next Friday and I'm really excited! Very impatient though Good luck to everyone!
jAcKs_x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #184
SecondStar2TheRight
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I had my phone interview on Wednesday and just got a "pending" email (and that I may be waiting until April 19th for a final decision). Is this normal? I could have sworn that I read that it was a bad sign. Some people have already been accepted so I'm not feeling too confident.

I had mine yesterday in the morning and was pended this morning. It seems about 80 gazillion (okay, yes an exaggeration, just seems like a lot ) got pended today. But hey, we're still in this! We haven't been NLIC'd right away like some people. They must feel some potential.
Also, I've never had work experience either. I had a CNA internship, but I'm not sure how much effect that has :P
SecondStar2TheRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #185
o0junebug0o
Earning My Ears

Just finished my interview!

I'm really not sure how I did. I was feeling really calm up until the interview, then the phone rang and I got really nervous and never really calmed down- I stumbled on my words a lot. My interviewer was hard to understand, like she was staticky. I didn't even catch her name!

Some of the questions I think I had very strong answers to, but there were a couple of curve-balls she threw at me and I'm not sure how I answered those.

Hopefully I did well.

My fingers are crossed for those of you waiting to hear a response or have yet to do the phone interview! I'm rooting for you!!

Every day is Any Thing Can Happen Day - IF you work at it." - Lonnie Burr
o0junebug0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #186
singitalto
Can't wait to stay at the Beach Club Villas!
Just loves 'OHana!

My daughter had her phone interview on Wednesday. She felt it went well. She received an email today saying she wasn't accepted. We are so disappointed!!! She has wanted this for so long. I just wonder what she could have done differently to have be accepted. She was very flexible, basically said she would work anywhere. She has job experience - 3 years as a shift leader at a local smoothie joint, she is very responsible. I feel so bad for her
AS Sports Oct 2000,HIFS & Sheraton World Feb 2001,Courtyard WDW May 2001, POFQ & CSR & Dolphin Sept 2001, Courtyard WDW, CI&S,& Hard Rock Hotel Sept 2002, BCV April 2003, HIFS May2004, POP Aug 2005(free dining), POP Aug 2006(free dining), POP Dec 2006, ASMovies Sept 2007- (girls trip-free dining), Pop Century Dec 2007, OKW Feb 2009, POR Aug 2010(free dining), Girls only 50th Birthday trip to VWL Oct 2010, BV April 2011, AoA (Nemo suite) (free dining) Sept 2012, AKL Concierge Jan 2013, Saratoga Springs October 2013, POP 2014, AKL Concierge Jan 2014, ASMovies March 2014, CBR May 2014
singitalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #187
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by singitalto View Post
My daughter had her phone interview on Wednesday. She felt it went well. She received an email today saying she wasn't accepted. We are so disappointed!!! She has wanted this for so long. I just wonder what she could have done differently to have be accepted. She was very flexible, basically said she would work anywhere. She has job experience - 3 years as a shift leader at a local smoothie joint, she is very responsible. I feel so bad for her
Unfortunately there is no way to know what may have triggered the NLIC. Maybe if her top 3 were positions where very few are accepted that hurt her chances?? But that's just speculation.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #188
Time Traveler
the best around

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
Unfortunately there is no way to know what may have triggered the NLIC. Maybe if her top 3 were positions where very few are accepted that hurt her chances?? But that's just speculation.
I don't see why they would deny a good applicant based on that; from what I read, it's fairly common to get your medium/low interest roles. Otherwise, what would be the point in allowing you to apply for more than 3?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #189
littlelionsam
Earning My Ears

since they sent out e-mails the past 2 days, do you think there's any possibility they'll send out more e-mails tomorrow?
littlelionsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:10 AM   #190
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelionsam
since they sent out e-mails the past 2 days, do you think there's any possibility they'll send out more e-mails tomorrow?
I sure hope so!

WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | August 2014: POP/Cabana Bay | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:42 AM   #191
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I don't see why they would deny a good applicant based on that; from what I read, it's fairly common to get your medium/low interest roles. Otherwise, what would be the point in allowing you to apply for more than 3?
I didn't mean that was the only reason just that it could have contributed. The point of applying to more than 3 is to increase the odds of getting in but if you have two people applying to the same role one lists it as high interest the other as low I'd be inclined to choose the person with a higher interest as long as they had a good interview. With something like 25,000 applicants and only around 5000 acceptances there are going to be many strong candidates that don't make it, just ask my friend Sarah. The only thing I can suggest is try again next semester.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #192
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelionsam View Post
I got an email this morning - pending email. I interviewed Thurs night and can't believe that I received an email so quickly! I understand they are moving fast this time around so hopefully pending status turns into acceptance status just as quick! Good luck everyone!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #193
SheerKahn24
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229

I didn't mean that was the only reason just that it could have contributed. The point of applying to more than 3 is to increase the odds of getting in but if you have two people applying to the same role one lists it as high interest the other as low I'd be inclined to choose the person with a higher interest as long as they had a good interview. With something like 25,000 applicants and only around 5000 acceptances there are going to be many strong candidates that don't make it, just ask my friend Sarah. The only thing I can suggest is try again next semester.
Wow, I never knew that..

So, a question.

If you get the internship are there usually living arrangements or do you have to find your own?
SheerKahn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #194
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheerKahn24 View Post
Wow, I never knew that..

So, a question.

If you get the internship are there usually living arrangements or do you have to find your own?
If you are talking about the College Program, yes there is housing. (Although you can live offsite if you want to)

If you are talking about Professional Internships, sort of. There is limited housing available and if you have a Management Internship you cannot live in the housing. Most PI's choose to live offsite.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #195
jobro912
Mouseketeer

Son had his interview today at 4:15...said it went well...When asked why DCP he shared some stories about his experiences re CMs and parks...She asked about transportation which he is pretty sure he didn't indicate interest on...if so it would have been low...Also discussed custodial...he was planning on doing character auditions, but decided to not, and asked her to not place him on the list. Now...we...wait.
jobro912 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: