Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #16
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina View Post
The multiple CMs who told me, including the hotel manager, did not give me incorrect information. Just because you didn't know doesn't make it false.
You equated this to FP enforcement. I am merely pointing out that this is nothing like FP enforcement. If it was, there would be a sign specifically stating the elevator was for concierge guests only, and the hotel staff opts not to enforce it. Since there is no sign to inform non-concierge that they cannot use it, there is nothing to enforce.
I never said you were not told that information...I just pointed out the problems with your comparison.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #17
larina
DIS Veteran

Yes, it was a bad comparison. I should not have tried to be funny and compare it to FP. Was just trying to lighten a thread about an elevator, which didn't work at all.
Although, you did say it was incorrect information given to me by CMs which is, at least half, incorrect.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #18
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at the PPH many times. It is our favorite Disney hotel. We feel it has the biggest and quietest rooms. Plus, if you get a view room, it's amazing at night.

Others are correct. Anyone can ride the glass elevator up. Only certain floors have buttons to operate the glass elevator on that floor. We always heard it was for concierge floors too. In any case, I recommend trying to take it up to your floor. It seems a lot of people forget about it and it's usually quicker.

Our last stay in March of 2012 we had a horrible experience with the elevators there. It was the only time of our numerous stays that the elevators were an issue. It took us 25 minutes to be able to even get on an elevator (and we were crammed in like sardines, and had to separate). Then, we had to go up to be able to get down. It was super frustrating. There was some sort of cheer-leading thing going on and a lot of them were staying at the PPH. But we were on a floor where you couldn't use the glass elevator. If I didn't have my luggage and my kiddo in the stroller, I would have taken the stairs.

Overall if we could afford it now, I would always stay at the PPH if I could. Enjoy your trip!
crystal1313 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #19
helenb
Wishing for the World...

I hate waiting for elevators, especially on the way down. Where are the stairs?
helenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #20
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenb View Post
I hate waiting for elevators, especially on the way down. Where are the stairs?
We took the stairs down. They were clearly marked and let us out at the rear of the hotel close to the traffic lights to cross over to the Grand Californian.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #21
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

If there had been signs saying the glass elevator was for concierge only I would been bummed but I would have followed the rules and not taken it. No one told us it was for concierge only. IIRC we only took it once or twice and only to go up, never down. I don't remember what floor we were on but I do remember the "regular" elevators were closer to our room and the glass elevator was farther away so that may have been based on convenience. We didn't need a special key, no one told us, there was no sign. We aren't huge rule breakers so if we had known we wouldn't have ridden it. lol

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #22
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71
If there had been signs saying the glass elevator was for concierge only I would been bummed but I would have followed the rules and not taken it. No one told us it was for concierge only. IIRC we only took it once or twice and only to go up, never down. I don't remember what floor we were on but I do remember the "regular" elevators were closer to our room and the glass elevator was farther away so that may have been based on convenience. We didn't need a special key, no one told us, there was no sign. We aren't huge rule breakers so if we had known we wouldn't have ridden it. lol
The glass elevator is just across the hall from the regular elevators.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #23
lana772
Disneyland Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina
I just called. She said, "anyone can ride it up, because we don't regulate it, but only concierge guests can ride it down." When you stay concierge, they call it the "concierge elevator."
This is what we, as concierge guest, have experienced.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DISBoards
lana772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77
The buttons to call the glass elevator only exist on certain floors. The first floor is one and the others are the floors that have concierge rooms on them. .
Exactly. It stops at whatever floor you want it to. But you can only call it from certain floors. Bigger thing that keeps it from being busy is that not everyone can handle even the thought of being in such an elevator.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #25
KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
Creates edible masterpieces
Planning a huge WDW family reunion...I know, I'm insane!!!

We are staying concierge at PPH in June with a park view room. Does anyone know which floors you can call the glass elevator from? It's my understanding that there aren't really "concierge level" floors, is that correct?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #26
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRSTIN'S MOMMY View Post
We are staying concierge at PPH in June with a park view room. Does anyone know which floors you can call the glass elevator from? It's my understanding that there aren't really "concierge level" floors, is that correct?
Floors 14 & 15 tend to be the Concierge Level rooms. The amenities are a little different (Scope Mouthwash, real coffee cups, etc) and you also get a DVD player. You will be able to "call" for the glass elevator from those floors.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #27
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

Only once on a 6 day trip did we experience full/slow elevators. The slow elevator was during the mid am hours. Loads of guests checking out. I found waitng for one of the three non concierge elvators seemed much faster. No it was faster --- others would go to the glass elevator and when I was going up they were still waitng . Since anyone can use that elevator going up I would not call it express conceirge. We were not told of the conceirge elevator when we checked in. Oh well all the elevators stop on the 2 nd floor. To not wait for any elevators take the stairs to 2nd floor.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #28
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRSTIN'S MOMMY View Post
There do tend to be floors for concierge. Don't worry about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
Only once on a 6 day trip did we experience full/slow elevators. The slow elevator was during the mid am hours. Loads of guests checking out. I found waitng for one of the three non concierge elvators seemed much faster. No it was faster --- others would go to the glass elevator and when I was going up they were still waitng . Since anyone can use that elevator going up I would not call it express conceirge. We were not told of the conceirge elevator when we checked in. Oh well all the elevators stop on the 2 nd floor. To not wait for any elevators take the stairs to 2nd floor.
Wow, lucky! I've never once had fast normal elevators at any point during the day. That's why I decided to get over my issue with the glass elevator, because NO ONE was ever using them.

And when we stayed concierge, no one called it the concierge elevator; I just realized it must be because those floors are the only places that have buttons to call it from. I didn't put two and two together because we ended up on one of those floors without concierge, when we were upgraded to a suite during our second stay there.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #29
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

Based on this thread I am hoping we end up on a low floor and can just rely on the stairs at peak times. Booked a "standard view" non- concierge room.

Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13, 9/14)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12, 9/14)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani/Jambo (1/14, 12/14)
Aulani (8/14)
Grand Floridian Villas (1/15)
Hilton Head (5/15)
JessLCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #30
larina
DIS Veteran

Please don't let this thread influence you that much. We stayed at PPH twice in 2011, once in May and then at Christmas. We only experienced elevators issues once. If it wasn't for DisBoards I would not even have ever known it was a 'thing' there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: