Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Docmom
Mouseketeer

On Board Credit Questions

Looking at prior posts about on board credit I saw some comments about a $25 credit for booking online. I booked our first cruise for April online with Kids Sail Free discount. There was no mention of OBC. Was that an old promo or will it show up on our statement on the cruise? Also if we book a second cruise while onboard (should I say when we book a second cruise) will the OBC be per stateroom or per person? If per person does that include children or just adults? Thanks!
Docmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmom View Post
Looking at prior posts about on board credit I saw some comments about a $25 credit for booking online. I booked our first cruise for April online with Kids Sail Free discount. There was no mention of OBC. Was that an old promo or will it show up on our statement on the cruise? Also if we book a second cruise while onboard (should I say when we book a second cruise) will the OBC be per stateroom or per person? If per person does that include children or just adults? Thanks!
There is a $25 online booking OBC that pops up every now and then. Whether or not your cruise had it, I think you would have seen something about it when you made the booking. But it doesn't show up on the reservation, once made.

I believe the OBC for booking onboard is per room.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
Docmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #4
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Quote:
"Starting on June 1, 2012 Disney has discontinued this program for new reservations"....quote from an email I got from my travel agent. We booked before June 1, so we got in on it but she was informing me for future reference.
It was per room.

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
My 2 princesses
Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bug:)

Even if it was available at the time, I'm not sure if you can combine Kids Sail Free with any other discount, but I'm sure someone here will let us know.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
Jackiet123
Earning My Ears

We did kids cruise free on our 6 night from Galveston and our TA gave us $175 shipboard credit for the cabin. So in this case, the deals were combined.
Jackiet123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #7
neg58
DIS Veteran

I did get the $25 credit on my last cruise for booking online (the TA did it). I think I booked it 11/18/12 and sailed at Christmas. I did have another discount (FLR rate).

The TA didn't mention it this time, so I assumed the special was over.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
My 2 princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiet123 View Post
We did kids cruise free on our 6 night from Galveston and our TA gave us $175 shipboard credit for the cabin. So in this case, the deals were combined.
But that's what the TA gave you. I'm wondering if Disney would let you combine the 2
Old 02-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #9
My 2 princesses

From DCL's website:

Important Details

•Rate does not include Government Taxes and Fees of approximately $65 per person (subject to change), Gratuities or Port Adventures.
•Offer excludes IGT, OGT and VGT Categories with Restrictions.
This offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. •Must mention booking code DRM at time of booking.
•Rates in U.S. dollars.
•Offer subject to Disney Cruise Line Terms and Conditions.

I'm going to say 'no' it can't be combined.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
tweis
DIS Veteran

They did offer the $25 OBC for a short time for booking online. I booked a cruise in December and did receive the $25 but did not receive it for the cruise I booked in January. It was only available for a short time but if you booked online you would have saw it at the time of booking. If a TA made your reservation they can tell you if you received it or not.

tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #11
Docmom
Mouseketeer

I booked online and didn't see anything. Got a great deal with KSF so not complaining!!! As for TA's, how do you add one to your booking so we can get their OBC in the future? I'm guessing it's too late to add one now as cruise paid for (going April 22) but looking around for one as will want to book onboard in April for another. Can I add a TA to the booking I do onboard? Want to get the Disney 10% discount. Also are those refundable? I finish chemo in March and while they think the cancer is all gone it freaks me out a bit to plan ahead more than a few months.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #12
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I booked online and didn't see anything. Got a great deal with KSF so not complaining!!! As for TA's, how do you add one to your booking so we can get their OBC in the future? I'm guessing it's too late to add one now as cruise paid for (going April 22) but looking around for one as will want to book onboard in April for another. Can I add a TA to the booking I do onboard? Want to get the Disney 10% discount. Also are those refundable? I finish chemo in March and while they think the cancer is all gone it freaks me out a bit to plan ahead more than a few months.
If you are planning to book onboard it is best to go ahead and name your TA at that time so that you can take advantage of whatever OBC the TA offers. You can transfer within 30 days of booking thru DCL but most TAs will only give you half of their OBC. You will still get the 10% discount from DCL plus depending on the length of your cruise, DCL will give you OBC for booking onboard. It is $100 for less than 7 nights and $200 for 7 or more. Plus if you name a TA that offers OBC you will get that also. The deposit you pay for onboard booking are refundable as long as you cancel it before the penalty period. I hope this helps.

tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #13
Docmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Totally answered my questions and eased concerns about booking! Now to decide which one to book !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: