Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Smile Room only payment question

If you have a room only reservation, you can pay the balance at check-in, correct?
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMinnie
If you have a room only reservation, you can pay the balance at check-in, correct?
Yes.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
BenKling
Mouseketeer

That's correct!

BenKling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Thanks. That is what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
drummerwife
This princess saves herself!

Just a word of caution... If you have a cc on file they will charge the balance due the day of check in. I found this out the hard way last year. It did not cause any problems money wise, but I was wanting to pay for the room a different way.

drummerwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
erin1715
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwife View Post
Just a word of caution... If you have a cc on file they will charge the balance due the day of check in. I found this out the hard way last year. It did not cause any problems money wise, but I was wanting to pay for the room a different way.
That's disappointing. Did they ask you upon check-in about paying the balance or did they just automatically do it without mentioning the balance? I have the funds but I wanted to pay with a different CC so I can get rapid rewards points.
erin1715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwife View Post
That is why I don't do online check in.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
drummerwife
This princess saves herself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin1715 View Post
That's disappointing. Did they ask you upon check-in about paying the balance or did they just automatically do it without mentioning the balance? I have the funds but I wanted to pay with a different CC so I can get rapid rewards points.
Nothing was ever said during check-in. When I tried to give them my cc to pay the balance thats when they told me they charged my cc that morning.

drummerwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

If you want to use any method of payment other than credit card, DO NOT do online check in.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #10
erin1715
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwife

Nothing was ever said during check-in. When I tried to give them my cc to pay the balance thats when they told me they charged my cc that morning.
Ah crap I already did online checkin and added my cc....oh well i will just have to make sure the money is transferred.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #11
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
If you want to use any method of payment other than credit card, DO NOT do online check in.
Thanks for that tip! We are going to be paying with gift cards so I'll be sure to avoid the online check in.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:49 AM   #12
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin1715 View Post
Ah crap I already did online checkin and added my cc....oh well i will just have to make sure the money is transferred.
I think if you go down to the desk any time before your last day, or at check in, you can make other arrangements.

I always make payments monthly so I have my room only res paid before we arrive. But we had some room charges, and I wanted to use a different credit card then the one on file and it was no problem. I did that a couple of days before check out.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #13
erin1715
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M

I think if you go down to the desk any time before your last day, or at check in, you can make other arrangements.

I always make payments monthly so I have my room only res paid before we arrive. But we had some room charges, and I wanted to use a different credit card then the one on file and it was no problem. I did that a couple of days before check out.
I want to use the cc on file for charges that I obtain while at Disney, but to pay off my room only reservation I wanted to use a different card and I am pretty sure you must pay that balance the day of check in. If I could pay my balance online before we get there that would be great, but the website doesn't have that option. I could call and pay I suppose...
Old 02-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #14
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

You pay one nights cost at booking, then the balance is due at check in, but as another poster noted, if you paid the initial deposit with a CC they will just change that CC the day that you check in. I suggest that if you want to pay the balcne when you actually check in with cash or a different card that you advise Disney of that when booking.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #15
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
You pay one nights cost at booking, then the balance is due at check in, but as another poster noted, if you paid the initial deposit with a CC they will just change that CC the day that you check in. I suggest that if you want to pay the balcne when you actually check in with cash or a different card that you advise Disney of that when booking.
When I booked my bb last month, the CM asked if I wanted to pay the room only reservation in full or just pay the deposit - which was new to me. I commented that I didn't think I could pay for the whole amount on a room only, and she said that some people preferred to do that, but that all you HAD to pay was the one night deposit. I wonder if they will start allowing payments online for room only reservations at some point (when they get the whole website working . . . .)?
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: